Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector 365: Frequent Crashes / Laptop Too Weak?
indianafanatic317 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 22, 2019 17:13 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hello & thank you for reading my post. I've had PD365 for about 4 months, on a new lapptop, but have experienced at least 2 dozen program crashes in that timeframe. My laptop is no beast, and does not have a dedicated graphics card, so I am wondering if the problem lies soley on my machine's inability to run the graphics-intense program.
I've attached information on my system, and can include other information as well, if more is needed to help determine the root cause. Any insight is welcomed and appreciated. Thank you.

Laptop: Lenovo ThinkPad E585
Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 2700U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx, 2.20GHz
RAM: 32GB
System Type: 64-Bit x64-based processor
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I don't think there's any reason that PD would crash repeatedly just because it's running on sub-optimal hardware. There have occasionally been specific edits that caused crashes in the past, but they're generally repeatable and not something I'd expect to see when generally working with clips.

In your case, PD should simply run slowly. It might tax your patience while editing, and it will likely take quite a long time to produce your projects, but multiple crashes usually point to more significant issues with your video drivers, or occasionally with core Windows files.

You pasted some preliminary details about your system, but to really understand how it's configured, we'd need you to attach the full DxDiag results as described in the Read Me Before Posting sticky thread.

You may also want to look at this post with 2 very simple steps to check and repair Windows crucial system files. Post back if you have the results, and please also include the full version number of PD365 so we know if you're running the most recent update.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 16. 2020 01:15

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
BRUNO T. [Avatar]
Member Location: France Joined: May 06, 2016 06:15 Messages: 61 Offline
[Post New]
see the post https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/20/81055.page#334470

there are some issues it seems for some (many ?) of us with PD 365 update 18.1.2405.
I'm trying to fix that with the tech support. I7 950, 10 Go Ram, GTX960, SSD 256, HD 2 To, with professional music devices.
PD 14 since dec 2015.
indianafanatic317 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 22, 2019 17:13 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you very much for your thoughts and follow up questions. I will post my DxDiag file later today, as well as check in any available updates that are not installed for Windows 10.

Quote I don't think there's any reason that PD would crash repeatedly just because it's running on sub-optimal hardware. There have occasionally been specific edits that caused crashes in the past, but they're generally repeatable and not something I'd expect to see when generally working with clips.

In your case, PD should simply run slowly. It might tax your patience while editing, and it will likely take quite a long time to produce your projects, but multiple crashes usually point to more significant issues with your video drivers, or occasionally with core Windows files.

You pasted some preliminary details about your system, but to really understand how it's configured, we'd need you to attach the full DxDiag results as described in the Read Me Before Posting sticky thread.

You may also want to look at this post with 2 very simple steps to check and repair Windows crucial system files. Post back if you have the results, and please also include the full version number of PD365 so we know if you're running the most recent update.
bSharpCyclist [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 08, 2017 19:04 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
I'm having a similar issue and I can reproduce BSODs when apply transitions between clips. I'm attaching the Dx info. Lenovo P53, 64GB Ram, Core I7-9750h. I wonder if I hybrid graphics is an issue?

PowerDirector 365 18.1.2405.0
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
120 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
172 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 16. 2020 18:11

BRUNO T. [Avatar]
Member Location: France Joined: May 06, 2016 06:15 Messages: 61 Offline
[Post New]
See my post: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/reply/20/81055.page

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 21. 2020 06:49

I7 950, 10 Go Ram, GTX960, SSD 256, HD 2 To, with professional music devices.
PD 14 since dec 2015.