Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector 360 18.1.2405.0 crashes with the newest update.
BRUNO T. [Avatar]
Member Location: France Joined: May 06, 2016 06:15 Messages: 61 Offline
[Post New]
TRied again, no win10 crash, but still some lag using the "produce" page.
so random win10 crash, but seems less than with the win10 updates I suppressed...
Wait for the CyberL supprt answer to my mail... I7 950, 10 Go Ram, GTX960, SSD 256, HD 2 To, with professional music devices.
PD 14 since dec 2015.
BRUNO T. [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote TRied again, no win10 crash, but still some lag using the "produce" page.
so random win10 crash, but seems less than with the win10 updates I suppressed...
Wait for the CyberL supprt answer to my mail...

I applied a procedure sent by CB support.
we'll keep you informed I7 950, 10 Go Ram, GTX960, SSD 256, HD 2 To, with professional music devices.
PD 14 since dec 2015.
bSharpCyclist [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 08, 2017 19:04 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Quote harrrrgg... NO No NO

tested with 3 small mp4 in the timeline, add a standard transition and WIN10 CRASHES AGAIN ! frown

OK so really need for a PD18 update frown

Same thing here. I can reproduce by taking a small clip, splitting it, and then adding a transition. I sent my DxDiag file to customer support.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Same thing here. I can reproduce by taking a small clip, splitting it, and then adding a transition. I sent my DxDiag file to customer support.

That's really puzzling. PD has certainly had bugs like that in the past, where performing a basic task caused a crash or completely unexpected results, but those typically occured for all users (or at least for all users with the same type of hardware or GPU).

I haven't had any issues like what you're describing, and a simple edit with transition works as expected:

If you'd like to help determine if this particular issue is occurring solely within PD, or is instead due to a combination of PD and your particular system, you can tryb a couple of things.

First, make a simple project with just the one clip, place it on the timeline, and save the project. Now try splitting the clip, then save the project and close PD. Reopen PD and the project and see if placing the transition still causes the crash.

Another thing you can do is to use File > Pack Project Materials and upload the packed project to a folder on Google Drive or OneDrive and paste the link to it here so other people can see if anything odd happens when they try to split the clip and place a transition.

This is completely optional, but it may provide more clues as to what's going on.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
BRUNO T. [Avatar]
[Post New]
Dears

to give some feedback from last mail from tech support.

With a dedicated process to send back lot of tech information and diags, they said me issues "might" come from my audio interface .dll file, so called "MOTUProAudioASIO.dll".

This is the audio ASIO driver of my professional audio interface MOTU 828es I just bought 2 months ago...!! They said me to unsintall !!! Of course I WONT, cause I'm playing/editing music a lot as hobby (guitar player)...

I replied that to the tech suport and wait for feed back. I7 950, 10 Go Ram, GTX960, SSD 256, HD 2 To, with professional music devices.
PD 14 since dec 2015.
bSharpCyclist [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 08, 2017 19:04 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Dears

to give some feedback from last mail from tech support.

With a dedicated process to send back lot of tech information and diags, they said me issues "might" come from my audio interface .dll file, so called "MOTUProAudioASIO.dll".

This is the audio ASIO driver of my professional audio interface MOTU 828es I just bought 2 months ago...!! They said me to unsintall !!! Of course I WONT, cause I'm playing/editing music a lot as hobby (guitar player)...

I replied that to the tech suport and wait for feed back.

The response I got from the tech support was to update my drivers, since they said they were out of date. However, I typically only take the latest drivers released by Lenovo, the laptop manufacturer, and not the latest and greatest from NVIDIA.

I'm going to change from hybrid graphics to discrete in the BIOS and see if the same thing happens.
BRUNO T. [Avatar]
[Post New]
hmmm... a standard answer from tech support !

But... in my specific case, I tried the following this afternoon:

• suppress the MOTU drivers

• tested PD18 with dozen of transition replacements, move from EDIT to Produce tabs => no crash !

• re-install the previous drivers release from MOTU (not the latest I had)

• re-tested PD18: no Crash !

and all my audio stuff seems to work as previously with the latest motu drivers... so far so good...

I'll see in the coming weeks how it behaves... I7 950, 10 Go Ram, GTX960, SSD 256, HD 2 To, with professional music devices.
PD 14 since dec 2015.
Cuddlywolf [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 02, 2016 14:26 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I am having a similar problem. App launches but then stops responding immediatly. Tried everything from support so far and no resolution. I did try something this morning. Booted into safe mode and the app loaded successfully so there is something in confict when I boot normally. Figuring this out without any logs will be much more difficult.