Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote There a several threads here already that discuss this topic. Take a look at this one which explains two methods that should work for your project.

Yeah, I had a look at that thread, and the second method could be of use in future projects. It's not the complete answer, though, and I might have to do a bit more digging. Google was about as unhelpful as it could be, but I'll try again.
Hi there.

I am currently working on a project that involves hundreds of individual pictures and video clips. The trouble is, these were from multiple sources with varying aspect ratios. As such, I found the best approach was to have a background with a frame around it, and place the objects within this frame. This looks much better when there is a border around the objects concerned.

But this brings up the problem: so far I have found no way of applying borders (and other PiP settings such as shadows) to multiple objects. This means that I have to open each object in PiP designer and apply the border settings individually. It goes without saying that this becomes a real chore! For example, a similar project that I worked on last year had well over a thousand individual pictures and video clips in it - and EACH ONE had to be opened up in PiP designer and have border settings applied. It goes without saying that that was a total pain in the arse!

Does anyone know of some way of applying border settings across multiple clips? If not, how does one make a Feature Request for future editions to Cyberlink? I haven't found any way of doing this, either.

I'm currently using PowerDirector 15 Ultra

Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks in advance
Quote In edit mode you'll see a drop down box which by deafault will show "Media Content", "Color Boards" is the second item down in the list.

I know that. I selected "Color Boards", and there was nothing there! So where do I go to get some?
I was watching a tutorial video on how to create title bars using colour boards. I decided to give this a go. However, when I went to select one in the Color Boards section of PowerDirector, there were none.

So, how to get some?

There were a few backgrounds in the Backgrounds section immediately underneath, but not many, or particularly useful. Where does one go for more of these?

I can't find either of these in DirectorZone.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Thanks. Very interesting.

These could certainly do some of what I'd like to do. However, all three seem like an awful lot of work just for a one-off transition. What I'd really like to do is make transitions that have flips/rotations/shatters that I can save as an actual Transition and use time and time again. After all, someone must have made the stock transitions that come with PowerDirector. What I'd really like to find out is - how? Is there some program out there for making them?

Anyway, thanks for the info. I'm sure I will use it at some stage in a project.

Cheers

Quote Craig,

Here is an example of a different kind of transition using keyframes and not the Transition Designer. And here is another approach. And here is a tutorial on the Adorage add-in for PowerDirector. There are other tutorials available about Adorage or other techniques at Sharper Turtle as well. These may help you add variety to your transitions.
I have made literally thousands of transitions using Transition Designer in PowerDirector 15.

The trouble is, Transition Designer can really only do Wipes and Dissolves. The pictures themselves remain static, and therefore things like Flips, Rotations and Shatters are not possible.

So what I was wondering, does anyone know of a way of building transitions for PowerDirector 15 other than Transition Designer, that can do these things? Any info would be appreciated.

Cheers!
Go to: