Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How do you save a Mask & PIP template to use across multiple recorded segments?
[Post New]
Hello, if anyone can help me I would be so appreciative!

I'm recording a series of multiple recordings (since there isn't a pause button for record)
I've setup my mask and PIP chroma key for my green screen with the first recording in sequence, but when it gets to the 2nd recording in sequence it loses all the settings for the mask and chroma key in the first.

My question is how can I set up a mask/chroma key that will keep the same settings from recording segement to segment?
In the PIP Designer I tried to save the template so that I can use it in the next record sequence but it comes back with ...

"You cannot save templates that contain video files"

So not sure how to make a PIP/Mask template

Thank you
Dan
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
That's a good question, and normally the easiest way to copy edits to another clip is to right-click and choose Copy Keyframe Attributes, which you can then apply to any other clip.

The problem is that masks and chroma-keying are explicitly excluded from this feature, so you'll want to use Plan B (which is still pretty easy )

All you need to do is make a copy of the "master" clip and paste it on the timeline. Now drag the next clip from the media library on top of the new clip (making sure that the leading edge is somewhere to the right of the left edge of timeline clip), and when you release the mouse button, choose Replace.

PD will then replace the original with the new clip with all existing edits in place. Please note that if the new clip is longer than the copied "original" it will be trimmed to match the same length, so you'll just need to drag the right (trailing) edge all the way to the right to extend the new clip to its full length.
[Post New]
Quote That's a good question, and normally the easiest way to copy edits to another clip is to right-click and choose Copy Keyframe Attributes, which you can then apply to any other clip.

The problem is that masks and chroma-keying are explicitly excluded from this feature, so you'll want to use Plan B (which is still pretty easy )

All you need to do is make a copy of the "master" clip and paste it on the timeline. Now drag the next clip from the media library on top of the new clip (making sure that the leading edge is somewhere to the right of the left edge of timeline clip), and when you release the mouse button, choose Replace.

PD will then replace the original with the new clip with all existing edits in place. Please note that if the new clip is longer than the copied "original" it will be trimmed to match the same length, so you'll just need to drag the right (trailing) edge all the way to the right to extend the new clip to its full length.

Thank you so much. This is a good work around since as you mentioned it loses the mask and chroma key settings whereas this copies them over.

So grateful. THANK YOU!
A_J_123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 07, 2016 07:15 Messages: 44 Offline
[Post New]
Quote That's a good question, and normally the easiest way to copy edits to another clip is to right-click and choose Copy Keyframe Attributes, which you can then apply to any other clip.

Hi Opto
I had the same problem. I was on the right lines but your post cleared it up for me. I had already edited a clip in the timeline and then tried to drag and drop it on to the copied clip but replace was not an option. It would be nice to have that option. Reading your post I then dragged the unedited clip from the media box and edited it once again. Unfortunately this meant the keyframes no longer worked and I had to copy them again. It would also be nice if attributes stayed in place for an identical length edited clip. I got there in the end but the missing link for me was your suggestion to drag the unedited clip from the media box. Thanks/