Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Applying Borders, Shadows etc across multiple clips
[Post New]
Hi there.

I am currently working on a project that involves hundreds of individual pictures and video clips. The trouble is, these were from multiple sources with varying aspect ratios. As such, I found the best approach was to have a background with a frame around it, and place the objects within this frame. This looks much better when there is a border around the objects concerned.

But this brings up the problem: so far I have found no way of applying borders (and other PiP settings such as shadows) to multiple objects. This means that I have to open each object in PiP designer and apply the border settings individually. It goes without saying that this becomes a real chore! For example, a similar project that I worked on last year had well over a thousand individual pictures and video clips in it - and EACH ONE had to be opened up in PiP designer and have border settings applied. It goes without saying that that was a total pain in the arse!

Does anyone know of some way of applying border settings across multiple clips? If not, how does one make a Feature Request for future editions to Cyberlink? I haven't found any way of doing this, either.

I'm currently using PowerDirector 15 Ultra

Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks in advance
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
There a several threads here already that discuss this topic. Take a look at this one which explains two methods that should work for your project.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
[Post New]
Quote There a several threads here already that discuss this topic. Take a look at this one which explains two methods that should work for your project.

Yeah, I had a look at that thread, and the second method could be of use in future projects. It's not the complete answer, though, and I might have to do a bit more digging. Google was about as unhelpful as it could be, but I'll try again.