Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Making Transitions
[Post New]
I have made literally thousands of transitions using Transition Designer in PowerDirector 15.

The trouble is, Transition Designer can really only do Wipes and Dissolves. The pictures themselves remain static, and therefore things like Flips, Rotations and Shatters are not possible.

So what I was wondering, does anyone know of a way of building transitions for PowerDirector 15 other than Transition Designer, that can do these things? Any info would be appreciated.

Cheers!
JimIowa
Senior Member Location: United States Joined: Mar 03, 2017 21:59 Messages: 161 Offline
[Post New]
Craig,

Here is an example of a different kind of transition using keyframes and not the Transition Designer. And here is another approach. And here is a tutorial on the Adorage add-in for PowerDirector. There are other tutorials available about Adorage or other techniques at Sharper Turtle as well. These may help you add variety to your transitions.
[Post New]
Thanks. Very interesting.

These could certainly do some of what I'd like to do. However, all three seem like an awful lot of work just for a one-off transition. What I'd really like to do is make transitions that have flips/rotations/shatters that I can save as an actual Transition and use time and time again. After all, someone must have made the stock transitions that come with PowerDirector. What I'd really like to find out is - how? Is there some program out there for making them?

Anyway, thanks for the info. I'm sure I will use it at some stage in a project.

Cheers

Quote Craig,

Here is an example of a different kind of transition using keyframes and not the Transition Designer. And here is another approach. And here is a tutorial on the Adorage add-in for PowerDirector. There are other tutorials available about Adorage or other techniques at Sharper Turtle as well. These may help you add variety to your transitions.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
CraigRodmell – You do make some of the best Alpha transitions that I have seen in the DZ for PowerDirector. Users should thank you for your contributions.

Last year I was looking for a center line open wipe transition much like what you find in Adobe, a sharp line opening from the center that spreads horizontally outward revealing another video. Could not find one in the DZ. Pix had one that is close. I made it myself using Gimp and Transition designer. It is close to what JimIowa did here but doesn’t split the clip.

GodfreyZA, user and contributor here has created transitions using 3D software that are found in Adobe that is requested by other users in the FB group for PD Users. That is an avenue that you might want to explore.