Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Colour Boards - where are they?
[Post New]
I was watching a tutorial video on how to create title bars using colour boards. I decided to give this a go. However, when I went to select one in the Color Boards section of PowerDirector, there were none.

So, how to get some?

There were a few backgrounds in the Backgrounds section immediately underneath, but not many, or particularly useful. Where does one go for more of these?

I can't find either of these in DirectorZone.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
In edit mode you'll see a drop down box which by deafault will show "Media Content", "Color Boards" is the second item down in the list.
[Post New]
Quote In edit mode you'll see a drop down box which by deafault will show "Media Content", "Color Boards" is the second item down in the list.

I know that. I selected "Color Boards", and there was nothing there! So where do I go to get some?
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
In that case, I don't know what your problem is. This is what I see when I select that item.

p.s. - What happens when you add one of your own "Create a new color board" and then "From color selector" ?
[Thumb - sshot.jpg]
 Filename
sshot.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Screen shot.
 Filesize
58 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 05. 2018 03:36

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
The color boards are installed along with PD. Run the installer again and it should update your installation. You won't lose any customized or downloaded content, but you'll want to download and install the latest patch afterrwards.

Let us know if that solves the issue. It would also be interesting to see what happens if you try Longedge's test.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
I’ve seen this before but it was long ago and I cannot find the post/thread. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
CraigRodmell, been a issue for some in the past for several PD versions, if you had them at one time, often the "Restore to Defaults" in the left mouse click library menu area of the colorboard media library will restore them.

Jeff

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 05. 2018 17:50