Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Hello Trekz and optodata,

Checking previous posts, you have a Nikon D7500 (unless you've moved up in the world).

I can confirm that .NEF files from the D7500 do display with a (very fine) black line at the base. From the other Nikon photos I've checked, this seems to be peculiar to that camera.

optodata, the source of the files I tested has plenty of examples should you wish to check & confirm.

The attached screenshot shows the issue. The more disturbing thing, from my point of view, is that the black line is present in any exported file (!) unless it's cropped during editing. It's not a problem in PhD9.

The issue will be reported to the team at CyberLink for investigation.

PIX

Hey PIX!

Thanks again for everything, and thank you too optodata for looking into this.

When I was beta testing phd10, I didn't notice this at all. I would have reported it, but I don't think I catched it until now.
I noticed that PHD10 adds a small bar on the bottom of each NEF (RAW) that I export.

I took the same photo and exported a NEF (RAW) and JPEG version through PHD10 as JPEG, and only the NEF (RAW) image ended up with a black bar on the bottom of the picture.

Here's an example:

https://imgur.com/a/Br7FjNx

I think it's a bug, but please let me know if you know how to fix it.
Quote The circular polarizer has to be mounted on the camera lens during the capture to have the needed effect.

Thanks. I meant are there any downloadable Polaroid-like filters that can be applied to any photo in Photodirector 10?
Wifey is looking for polaroid filters to simply add to her photos. Any help will be much appreciated.
Quote Hello Trekz and Phil,

I can't see a way that could be done in PhD, certainly not as neatly as the example video showed.

Personally, I'd be using Photoshop or another graphics application that is designed for that purpose. You'd be more likely to get the result you're after.

Even the free Paint.NET has plug-ins that will insert an outline or drop shadow on an "object".

To explain the images below:

1. Original photo

2. Background removed in either PhD or other software

3. "Outline Object" applied in Paint.NET then added as new layer in PhD

4. "Drop Shadow" applied in Paint.NET the added as new layer in PhD

Thanks everyone...Hopefully they can add in in the next pd
After using background removal tool, is there any way I can add a white outline to the cut out image like in photoshop?

Here's what I'm looking to do in pd8:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iy-9P99fNCc
Quote Hello Trekz,

That's quite a BIG question you've asked there!

In working with your original .NEF file from your Nikon D7500, I made an error that led to an important realisation. I first opened it in PhD9, before remembering that you were using PhD8.

surprised PhD9 displays the photo quite differently to PhD8, with Lr's display somewhere in between. Comparison attached.

So adjustments made in one cannot be replicated in another by simply repeating the process/settings.

Only applying global adjustments, I made this preset in PhD8 and this one in PhD9. Even though I was using the same photo, the two presets are NOT interchangeable.

I've posted those presets not to show any sort of ideal adjustment, but to indicate the differences in how software can interpret photos. Personally, I'd be applying different local adjustments to the foreground, headland and sky.

I'll continue to explore.

PIX

Thanks. Based on your comparison, it looks like the newer Photodirector is a lot better. Thanks for making the presets and looking into this!
I've been using PD8 for more than a year now, but I've always noticed I had problems with processing RAW photos with dark areas. Maybe my editing skills need work, but I'm having trouble getting details out of the darker areas without overexposing other areas of the photo, so can someone please share what settings I need to use to get the results I got using Lightroom?

I know I can use specific tools in PD8 to target specific areas, but I'm looking to see if I can adjust the whole photo like a Lightroom edit using PD8.

Comparison: https://imgur.com/a/34aMVre

Original file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mei7nogowkc7uk9/DSC_2964.NEF?dl=0

I spent at least a few hours messing around with the settings, so any help will be appreciated.
Quote Ahh, CombineZP is OpenSource

Hatti

downloading it right now thank you!
Quote Hello again Trekz,

I could post a long, involved answer but it would still mean "No".

PhotoDirector (any version) has no facility to process focus stacking as shown in the PhotoShop tutorial.

PIX

Thanks for the straight answer. Maybe that's something to look forward to in pd10?
I recently got into macro photography and found a focus stacking technique on YouTube. The guy in the video used photoshop to merge 90+ photos of the same object shot with different focus points. The result was an insanely focused picture, so I was wondering if my photo editing program could pull that off. Does anyone know how I can do a similar technique in pd8 or even in pd9?

Here is the YouTube video for reference:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3Dz34MMjQ0&t=187s
Quote If you are concerned about disk space then you don’t need to install them for PD15 to work. You can always find most of them in the DirectorZone as you need them.
Maybe someone here has the time and is willing to compile a list of what is in them. Have never seen one.

When I moved computers, Cyberlink included the essential and premium packs. They've added a few gb of space, but I still have no idea what they are used for.
Quote Hello Trekz,

I'm sorry to possibly disappoint you, but (based on the tutorial you linked) PhotoDirector would have no facility to replicate what PhotoShop can do.

PhD can certainly overlay photos in Layers, but is limited to a Distort Transformation tool which maintains a quadrilateral. That's the same as the Primary Warp shown in the tutorial. The Secondary Warp stage, which curves the photo edges, is where PhD can't match it.

PIX

It's all good. Thanks... Hopefully it becomes something to look forward to in pd 10!
Can inception style photographs be done in photodirector 8 or 9?

Here's one tutorial for photoshop: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzjllz1ux8g
Quote Hello trekz,

Once you've downloaded the .pdadj (or any DZ effect template), just double click it to install.

Downloaded PhD presets will appear under Presets > Downloaded.

PIX

THank you everyone!
How do I get this to work in pd8? I've downloaded the file. Thanks again for linking it in phantompilots

-tml4191
Quote Hello Trekz,

As far as I can tell, there is no way to save your settings as a preset within the Bracket HDR module. I would assume that is because each set of stacked photos would have differing requirements.

After merging, the various global adjustments are available along with a small number of presets. Other user created presets (even for HDR) are not available here. See the attached screenshot, though you are probably aware in any case.

You can post suggestions for PhD here.

PIX

Thank you PIX!
Is there an option to save the Bracket HDR settings into a preset? If not, where do I give feedback for the next patch/update? Saving the settings in an HDR photo is useful for panoramas which contain multiple images.
I just got CD5, and I think it's an improvement to the avaiable masking/blur options. I'm interested in creating a depth of field effect by blurring a portion of the screen, but can I shift that blur focus to another subject like a DSLR camera?

Please look at 1:15 to see what I'm talking about. Is it possible to do something like this in CD5?

https://youtu.be/lzbMZhPWAcI?t=75

notice how it shifts the focus from one subject to the next in the same shot. I know cd5 can blur one section, but can it smoothly transfer the shift to another subject?
Did you calibrate your sceen first with something like a spyder color calibrator?
Go to: