Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Are there any polaroid filters for phd10?
Trekz [Avatar]
Member Joined: Oct 16, 2016 00:32 Messages: 67 Offline
[Post New]
Wifey is looking for polaroid filters to simply add to her photos. Any help will be much appreciated.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
The circular polarizer has to be mounted on the camera lens during the capture to have the needed effect.
Trekz [Avatar]
Member Joined: Oct 16, 2016 00:32 Messages: 67 Offline
[Post New]
Quote The circular polarizer has to be mounted on the camera lens during the capture to have the needed effect.

Thanks. I meant are there any downloadable Polaroid-like filters that can be applied to any photo in Photodirector 10?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 28. 2019 01:38

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Not that I know of. Other users may be able to offer a suggestion if you mean correcting a needed area that maybe has an excess of glare.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Thanks. I meant are there any downloadable Polaroid-like filters that can be applied to any photo in Photodirector 10?

I understand what you're looking for: she wants a "filter" like you'd use on Instagram to make your pic look a certain way. The word "filter" has a very different meaning to a photographer vs an app user, and it's easy to get confused when two people are using the same word but with completely different meanings.

Have you looked on DirectorZone specifically for PhD effects? This search results page shows almost 400 available, and I imagine you guys will be able to find at least one that will give you the desired look.

If you're not familiar with DZ, this thread may help smooth over your experience

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°