Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Did you calibrate your sceen first with something like a spyder color calibrator?
Is the newest colordirector 5 worth it if I'm aiming to apply field of depth and focus on only certain parts of a video? How's the motion tracking in cd5 now?
Quote The only way to retrieve the files is to prove to Cyberlink you owned them. Contact Customer Support and give them any information you have pertaining to your purchase. Sorry to pick at a wound but I am surprised how many people fail to copy their bought and paid for installation files for all sorts of programs, this problem is not rare. Good luck.

no worries. Thanks. I might go for the phone call then.
I just got a new laptop, so how do I transfer pd15/pd8 on here? I thought I had pd8 exe, but those where just patches. Can someone please dropbox the original files, or is that frowned upon?
Quote Hi Trekz -

Dramatic editing!

I've never used Vegas, so I have no idea how easily those effects would be achieved. It looks like various combinations of overlaid screenshots , edited in graphics software, have been used. That's only a guesstimation.

You could do similar things in PDR15, but not without some careful work. I suspect hodges usry did a lot of that too! Take a look at https://vimeo.com/143953952 - it's not all about the software!

Cheers - Tony

Thanks. I rather save and stick with pd if it can still do the job.
I just saw this video: https://vimeo.com/199043093 , and I'm leaning towards buying sony vegas pro 14 because of it. Before I make the purchase, can PD15 do that type of masking or something similar? That masking type starts at around 27 seconds.
Quote Just use the same installation files that you downloaded and saved from the old pc. If you have a backup installation disc then just use that.

awesome thanks^
I bought this a little over 30 days ago, so now I need to transfer my pd15/photodirector 8 over to my new laptop. How do I do that?
Thank you!!!

Quote Hello Trekz,
There are two ways you can do that in PhD.

1. http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/15/24696.page#232770

2. A preset can be applied to all photos being imported...

PIX
How can I set a preset to my whole library/selected photos? Any help is appreciated! I'm just wondering if there is a faster way than setting each photo one by one.
Quote Issue: the audio of the video footage recorded by PowerDirector 15 v2309 Screen Recorder gets distorted when the Windows audio playback device is set to 2 channels.

How to implement the hot-fix:

1. Download the hot-fix exe via the links below:

- 32bit OS: http://download.cyberlink.com/ftpdload/cs/temp/VDE162039-0001/x86/ScreenRecorder.exe

- 64bit OS: http://download.cyberlink.com/ftpdload/cs/temp/VDE162039-0001/x64/ScreenRecorder.exe

2. Browse the folder C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector15 in your PC.

3. Rename the file exe in the folder C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector15 as the backup.

4. Copy the downloaded exe to the same folder.

5. Launch Screen Recorder and check if it works normally.

Note: the issue only happens when the audio playback device is set to 2 channels in Windows Playback Device settings. If the Screen Recorder of PowerDirector 15 v2309 works normally, it is not necessary to implement the hot fix.

I know you don't get this often, but THANK YOU!
Here is a post I made in DJI's forum because I thought it was a faulty drone. After taking another user's advice, I decided to download lightroom on my iphone and get the file off of dropbox to see if it gets the same vignette effect as seen in cyberlink's products, and it does not. Can someone PLEASE check to see if it's my laptop, or is it just a photodirector issue?

The files can be downloaded in the first forum post via dropbox. They are files 2,5,9

http://forum.dji.com/thread-76697-1-1.html

Also, can you please look at the video since that was a screen video capture thanks to cyblink's program.

EDIT 12/18: The pictures in the video were rotated since that, for whatsoever reason ,unlocks the full picture. These shots were shot in 3:2. Lightroom on my iphone doesn't seem to show the full picture
Quote Hello trekz,

You've moved up to a Phantom 4 Pro?

When you go to the Lens Profile page on DirectorZone, you'll see a link where you can submit a request fro particular profiles.

I've just submitted a profile request and suggest you do too.

PIX

Thank you. I just sent a request, but I do not think that is sufficient enough to actually get a lens profile for the p4p. That lens profile generator might be an option, but it seems like a great deal to go through to actually get this profile. Do you know if there's a place here in Southern California that does the lens profile generator for cyberlink? Might be a long shot, but it's worth asking. I do not have the setup to start generating my own.

It's a great upgrade. I had to get the p4p
Quote Hello PowerDirector 15 users,

The GM3 patch update is now available. It will update your version to 2309.

You can download it from this page:

http://www.cyberlink.com/support/powerdirector-ultra/patches_en_US.html

Here are the release notes:

- Adds ability to apply My Favorite transition to all videos.

- Adds mask type options for the mosaic effect in the Motion Tracker.

- Adds 9:16 project support from PowerDirector Android.

- Adds recording custom area from the secondary monitor in Screen Recorder.

- Fixes the issue that templates created in old versions cannot be found in PowerDirector 15.

- Fixes the issue that SVRT malfunctions after splitting a video.

- Fixes the issue that shadow files are not generated to the defined export folder.

- Fixes the issue that thumbnails are incorrect after detecting 9:16 video in Scene Detection.

- Fixes the issue that parts of waveforms disappear from the timeline after applying transitions.

Cheers,

PowerDirector Moderator

Thank you for these updates...Can we please get a lens correction profile for the DJI Phantom 4 PRO? The new lens on the phantom 4 professional is way different than the other phantoms
Seems like my pictures can use some lens correcting. Can you guys please make a lens correction profile for the new DJI Phantom 4 Pro?
Quote Hi Trekz -

The screen capture was a bit confusing. Maybe you didn't explain what it was you are trying to do.

If what I think you're trying to do is right, then tomasc's got the solution nailed for you. It looks like you've shot a clip with your DJI Phantom & also filmed the monitor on your flight controller... and you want to overlay the monitor video... but you only want the actual monitor to be visible.

If that's the case, just do as tomasc has suggested:

1. DJI clip in Track 2 & monitor clip in Track 2

2. Resize & reposition monitor clip

3. Apply mask to monitor clip to cut out surrounds

4. Don't crop anything laughing

... and you'll get a video that looks something like this:

Screenshot attached showing mask designer.

If none of the above is correct, maybe you could explain exactly what you're trying to do.

Cheers - Tony

Thank you everyone for helping. I actually cropped it with some android app, imported to the computer, and uploaded it before I actually used what you guys recommended, but I will definately note this post for future reference. Thank you again! Beautiful shot btw^
Please help with this little trouble I have. I'm aiming to crop the top and a little bit of the bottom of this video on the right, but it keeps on zooming in after cropping, so the aspect ratio is zoomed way out of ratio. How do I do this via powerdirector?

Any help is appreciated^

Someone please correct me:

Here is a video link PD15: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zx2vKdsbmRg&feature=youtu.be
Quote Hi Trekz -

I have an apology to make to you. In Round 1 of your Lens Correction issue, I insisted that I couldn't find any evidence that applying lens correction introduced any visual artifacts... & I was wrong. Sorry.

In that thread, I referred to it as "banding" which may or may not be the accurate term... but it'll do for the purposes of this discussion.

Since then, I've played with it quite a bit using a variety of DJI 4K clips and I've found that the banding is more pronounced/obvious when:

1. An incorrect lens profile is applied (Osmo is way worse than Advanced)

2. There are deep coloured gradients (e.g. sunrise or sunset skies)

3. The clips are shot in 4K (4096x2160). I haven't been able to replicate the same issue with DJI UHD clips (3940x2160)

4. The produced files are viewed on a 4K monitor/TV

Gathering evidence by screehot is difficult, because the banding is most obvious in playback. I've attached some partial screenshots.

Sample produced clips:

Produced with no lens correction

Produced with Osmo lens correction profile

Bottom line - used the Advanced profile, not Osmo. Shoot in UHD, not 4K.

Cheers - Tony

No worries; it'all good. Thank you for actually taking the time to figure out the best setting. I'll change it to 3940x2160 for now. That was a beautiful shot. I don't get to see many reflections like that around where I live. I didn't even know what it was called when I first saw it, but I knew there was a difference.

Thank you again Tony aka ynotfish ( I was always reading your name as (k)notfish for some reason....)
I already contacted cyberlink, and I was replied with a "thank you for informing us" answer, and that was about it. This is posted to bring awareness for people looking to use the often required lens correction on their DJI Phantoms. I watched a previously PD15 produced lens corrected video on my cousin's 4k tv, and the banding was prominently there. If anyone has a solution to this then please let me know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGAH_FvafjA&feature=youtu.be
Quote Hi,

Sure. Just use black color boards, by placing them on a lower track in the timeline. You can find them in the "Media Content" menu.

To place the color boards precisely on the preview window, I would suggest zooming out. See attached image.

Let me know if that's what you meant or have other questions.

David

Thank you
Quote Hello,

Try zooming in just a little, or resizing the video, so that the outer edges of the video are not visible. If you rotated the video, that means there are pixels in the preview window that are now blank. To get rid of them, you will need to zoom in (resize the video in the preview window) a touch.

David

figured that was one method, but after zooming in and filling the whole screen, can i manually add in black bars?

Thank you for replying^
Go to: