Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote You know I saw that option in MagicPD, but it was too late for me as I'd already spent $15 on Wonderfox HD Video Converter the day before!

How are you getting around the difference in duration problem?

The duration difference seems minimal, I'm not sure what exactly Wonderfox HD Converter does but it appears to at least try and make the clips the same duration. I haven't actually listened to the original audio on clips as I am overlaying it and lip syncing but the original clip audio is so faint I can't sync audio.

I have inspected the duration of a couple of original 25fps clips compared to them once converted to 23.98. Taking a clip of 4.43 seconds, the original was 4.43.151 the converted clip was 4.43.126. So I haven't had any lip syncing issues.
Thanks guys, MagicPD really is the way ahead, if only I had processed all my files before starting this project. Anyway I should be good for next time. Preview is working a lot better as I rebuild my project with .avi files from MagicPD!

Alain, yes it is a 970M. I can't put the music video on afterwards as I in many parts lip syncing video footage to the music, it's for a music video. But no problems now thanks to Shadowmans suggestion of MagicPD.

Alain are you having issues with PD not using the 850? I resolved this for my 970M using instructions from PepsiMan here: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/48595.page#254603
You know I saw that option in MagicPD, but it was too late for me as I'd already spent $15 on Wonderfox HD Video Converter the day before!
Thanks Robert, I have installed it and am batch processing the files, if only I'd done this at the start, looks like I'll be rebuilding my project from scratch but it'll save time in the long run. Thanks.
I've used 5 tracks, there are a few effects on some clips and up to 4 tracks overlaid at one time, when I preview it in "High Preview Resolution" it becomes progressively stuttery, it stops at some points and goes completely out of sync with the music. The project is about 1 minute long.

CPU usage never tops 60% (most of the time its closer to 30-40%), memory usage never tops 30%, disk usage hardly goes above 5%.

I have set PDR.exe to "Real Time" priority in Task Manager.

It is smoother when using integrated graphics than when running using nVidia, but generally the result is the similar. When using the nVidia 970M GPU usage hasn't topped 13%, when it stutters it falls to 0%.

Any ideas on what could be causing this?

Any ideas on PD settings to check or uncheck or just why the laptop isn't using the available resources?
I need to make a video out of footage where most is in 24fps but some is in 25fps. Using both in a project is causing sync and preview issues.

I could do with getting all the 25fps into 24fps. What are my options?

The methods I have thought of are taking each individual 25fps video and using HD Video Converter Factory to convert them to 24fps (23.9 then importing them into my PD project (but I have trialled the result using HD Video Converter and the result isn't very smooth).

I could slow the 25fps by 4% (but that will also weigh heavy on processing and make preview hard and stuttering I guess), so I'd have to slow each video individually and then process it out to make a new version. But this is for a music video that I will be putting audio over at a later time so any change in the duration of the clip will affect the lip syncing in the video (I think)

Does PowerDirector have an way of batch converting 25fps to 24fps via speed alteration or skipping a frame or is there another piece of software to use that will give a good result and I won't have to do each one individually as I have about 20 pieces of video to convert.

I do need the resultant 24fps clips after conversion being the same duration as the original 25fps clips to avoid sync issues with music going over the top that was lip sync'd to when it was filmed.
@Jets2011 I was planning on taking pictures and then turning them into a timelapse video. That was my thinking anyway. I will likely have to test a few methods. Thanks for your thoughts on it.
I'd like to try and make this kind of effect: https://vimeo.com/102412299 a dolly zoom time lapse.

It uses a tool in After Effects called Warp Stabilizer. Has anyone tried the same thing in PD and how did you do it?

Just video stabilizer or any other crop and zoom involved?
I can't get PD14 to use my laptop's GTX970m

A couple of months back I had resolved the problem by right-clicking the PDR.exe and manually selecting "High-performance NVIDIA processor" . That no longer seems to get PD14 to use it.

In the NVIDIA Control Panel with the PDR.exe it has Integrated Graphics selected and greyed out. I can assign other programs to use the 970m, just not PD. Changing the Global Settings to "High-performance NVIDIA processor" won't instigate using it either.

Someone previously suggested disabling the integrated graphics in the BIOS but I can't seem to find that option.

Anyone got any other ideas on resolving this?

I'm running PD14 on Windows 10 with a GTX970M latest driver version 372.90. I have updated the drivers several times since I last noticed it using the 970M.
@jcardana I was unaware of that feature, so that is a potential workaround, thanks.

@ynotfish I'm trying to preview in "HD Preview", but the problem usually occurs even in "High Preview". Thanks for your insight though into why I can't replicate the silky and rich finish of Silent Era and the screenshot.
Looks like I'll need to get myself ColorDirector.
Firstly, are the ColorDirector Color Presets within the Fix/Enhance area GPU capable? Applying "Silent Era" for example to anything in the timeline slows my Preview down to a judder and doesn't seem to raise GPU usage, so it seems the CPU is taking the strain.

If there is no easy fix has anyone got any suggestions on how to get around this, I don't seem to be able to recreate the same glossy effect that silent era has using the Color Adjustment tools.
My 970M doesn't seem to be performing much better than my integrated graphics.

Whilst I now have PD14 using the GPU (thanks to the advice in this thread http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/75/46836.page), the load on the GPU seldom goes above 6% according to Nvidia Inspector but the Preview (with Preview Quality set to "HD Preview Resolution") quickly becomes very juddery and out of sync. Load sits around 4-6% on the GPU and the CPU fan kicks in quite quickly.

The point I'm making is that it's the same with integrated graphics, so I can only imagine that PD is still not making very efficient use of the 970M. Do you guys find that to be the case? Any ideas on getting PD14 to make better use of the 970M, especially with regard to Preview?

I should say that I have Enable OpenCL and Enable hardware encoding checked in preferences.
Go to: