Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Best way to change 25fps clips to 24fps
Henk66 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 18, 2016 09:30 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
I need to make a video out of footage where most is in 24fps but some is in 25fps. Using both in a project is causing sync and preview issues.

I could do with getting all the 25fps into 24fps. What are my options?

The methods I have thought of are taking each individual 25fps video and using HD Video Converter Factory to convert them to 24fps (23.9 then importing them into my PD project (but I have trialled the result using HD Video Converter and the result isn't very smooth).

I could slow the 25fps by 4% (but that will also weigh heavy on processing and make preview hard and stuttering I guess), so I'd have to slow each video individually and then process it out to make a new version. But this is for a music video that I will be putting audio over at a later time so any change in the duration of the clip will affect the lip syncing in the video (I think)

Does PowerDirector have an way of batch converting 25fps to 24fps via speed alteration or skipping a frame or is there another piece of software to use that will give a good result and I won't have to do each one individually as I have about 20 pieces of video to convert.

I do need the resultant 24fps clips after conversion being the same duration as the original 25fps clips to avoid sync issues with music going over the top that was lip sync'd to when it was filmed. Schenker XMG P506 15.6" Pro
Intel i7-6700k 2.6 Ghz
Samsung 512GB m.2 SSD
16Gb RAM
nVidia GeForce GTX 970M
Windows 10
PowerDirector 14
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I need to make a video out of footage where most is in 24fps but some is in 25fps. Using both in a project is causing sync and preview issues.

I could do with getting all the 25fps into 24fps. What are my options?

The methods I have thought of are taking each individual 25fps video and using HD Video Converter Factory to convert them to 24fps (23.9 then importing them into my PD project (but I have trialled the result using HD Video Converter and the result isn't very smooth).

I could slow the 25fps by 4% (but that will also weigh heavy on processing and make preview hard and stuttering I guess), so I'd have to slow each video individually and then process it out to make a new version. But this is for a music video that I will be putting audio over at a later time so any change in the duration of the clip will affect the lip syncing in the video (I think")

Does PowerDirector have an way of batch converting 25fps to 24fps via speed alteration or skipping a frame or is there another piece of software to use that will give a good result and I won't have to do each one individually as I have about 20 pieces of video to convert.

I do need the resultant 24fps clips after conversion being the same duration as the original 25fps clips to avoid sync issues with music going over the top that was lip sync'd to when it was filmed.

Hi Henk

I'm not sure if this will work, but........

Now that you have got yourself into Magic+PD, try this. Open Magic - go to VIDEO - FRAME RATE - select Change frame rate, and complete as necessary.

I just converted a 25 to 24 and it worked fine.

Robert Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
Henk66 [Avatar]
[Post New]
You know I saw that option in MagicPD, but it was too late for me as I'd already spent $15 on Wonderfox HD Video Converter the day before! Schenker XMG P506 15.6" Pro
Intel i7-6700k 2.6 Ghz
Samsung 512GB m.2 SSD
16Gb RAM
nVidia GeForce GTX 970M
Windows 10
PowerDirector 14
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote You know I saw that option in MagicPD, but it was too late for me as I'd already spent $15 on Wonderfox HD Video Converter the day before!

How are you getting around the difference in duration problem? Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
Henk66 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote You know I saw that option in MagicPD, but it was too late for me as I'd already spent $15 on Wonderfox HD Video Converter the day before!

How are you getting around the difference in duration problem?

The duration difference seems minimal, I'm not sure what exactly Wonderfox HD Converter does but it appears to at least try and make the clips the same duration. I haven't actually listened to the original audio on clips as I am overlaying it and lip syncing but the original clip audio is so faint I can't sync audio.

I have inspected the duration of a couple of original 25fps clips compared to them once converted to 23.98. Taking a clip of 4.43 seconds, the original was 4.43.151 the converted clip was 4.43.126. So I haven't had any lip syncing issues. Schenker XMG P506 15.6" Pro
Intel i7-6700k 2.6 Ghz
Samsung 512GB m.2 SSD
16Gb RAM
nVidia GeForce GTX 970M
Windows 10
PowerDirector 14