Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Hi seodoa & BVR -

For a moment there, I thought we had a return to a "bug" that plagued PDR10 & PDR11... but this is not the same thing.

To me, this is normal behaviour for a centred title. It's because Title Designer is wanting to centre the text on the screen & within the text box... but the text is being changed.

Try this:

1. Create a centred title with the text "This dance is thought to represent Susano'o" (as you showed in your capture)

2. In the main timeline copy the title & paste it further along

3. Go to modify the pasted title in Title Designer

4. Select the text (as you showed in your capture)

5. Type the exact same text as before "This dance is thought to represent Susano'o"

6. The title returns to its central position

A similar thing happens if the text is left justified.

I'm happy to be shown that this is not normal behaviour.

Cheers - Tony

Tony, thank you very much for your reply. Unfortunately, even when I try your method, I'm still getting this weird behavior.

I don't see why the amount of text should change where the center of the text box is. The location of the center of a center-aligned text box does not change based on the amount of text in the box! That's the entire point of center alignment. Based on the behavior seen, it seems like a bug to me.

If you watch the first of the two videos I've attached, typing the same text as before does not cause the title to move back into the center of the frame, it stays shifted to the right.

But if you watch the second video, you can see that if I type some text into the box, then hit undo, then type again, it remains center justified. This inconsistency is what makes it seem like a bug to me.
Quote Hi,

i've tried on my PC and it does exactly the same each time you want to modify the text.

the strange thing is if you click on a button (eg. Bolt button) and then click undo button, your tittle won't move to the right if you edit it.

so if the first thing you do is to modify your text it move, but if it's the second thing then it stay at the right place.

it's clearly a bug.

Well, I suppose it's comforting to know that it's not just me. I hope it's something that gets patched in a future update.

Although with the bewildering way CyberLink handles version updates, they'll probably not offer it for my edition of the software...
When editing videos, I find it easiest to copy-paste titles and just change the text. My titles are perfectly centered in the frame and set to center justification, but when I click the title and select all the text to retype it, the title gets moved a little bit to the right each time! Watch the video below to see what I mean, you can see that the center of the title box jumps to the right. Which means I have to recenter it each time, adding extra steps.

Is this normal behavior? And if so, why is this normal behavior?

Is there any way around this?
Quote For some reason, the second submenu displays using the Root Menu style, which is completely wrong and inconsistent. I have looked all over for some setting to change which type of menu is used, but can't find it anywhere. What's going on here?

It looks like dvd project which consists of 3 different titles(projects) and 2 of them have 5 chapters. The scenes page in screen4.jpg happens when you previously had a different menu for that project you imported. You was given a choice of whether you want to retain menu data – yes or no in importing that title (project).

It is too late now to try to fix it as you have found. A reset is needed. Try this: In Menu preferences: Select No Menu. Save the project. Exit PD15. Open PD15. Open the project. Select the menu you want. All should be well. Just selecting No Menu and then the menu you want sometimes work too. You could select different titles/chapters menu too and it will work now.

Quote If anything, I would prefer the menu types to be Root Menu -> Root Menu (for choosing 3 scenes) -> Scene Select (for choosing chapters in submenus)Is there anyway to do this?

In the bottom left of the menu preference tab just uncheck Include the Root Menu page.

Let us know if this fixes both of your problems.

I tried remaking the project and the same problem occurred, even when I was very careful to not retain menu data. However, resetting the menu fixed the problem it seems. It's just a little annoying having to go through and readjust the thumbnails and text again for each menu. I have yet to figure out how to make a template with perfectly centered text, it always jumps around a little bit when applied to the project. But that's a problem for another thread.

As for the second issue, removing the root screen works, sure, but then there is no option to Play All. I'd like the DVD to have option to Play All as well as play individual scenes. It's not that big of a deal, I can just play around with the Scene Menu to get it to look right.
At my workplace, we recently purchased CyberLink PowerDirector 15 to assist in the editing and creation of videos. Today I tried to put together a simple DVD of videos to send to a customer, but I'm running into an issue with sub-menu creation.

Screenshot of Title Menu

This is a view of the Root Menu. The DVD consists of 11 videos in a set of 5 + 5 + 1, grouped by subject. The submenus seem to be setup fine.

Scene Select

Here we have the Scene Select Menu, showing the 3 sub menus properly using the Title Menu style.

Submenu

This is the first of the submenus, with the 5 videos displayed perfectly. Also in the Title Menu style.

But look what happens with the second submenu:

Wonkysubmenu using Root Menu style

For some reason, the second submenu displays using the Root Menu style, which is completely wrong and inconsistent. I have looked all over for some setting to change which type of menu is used, but can't find it anywhere. What's going on here?

If anything, I would prefer the menu types to be Root Menu -> Root Menu (for choosing 3 scenes) -> Scene Select (for choosing chapters in submenus)

Is there anyway to do this?
Any update on this issue at all?
Sure, here is the screenshot.

SR Number is MES140916-01
Awesome! Thank you for passing it along. I hope they can bang out a solution. Until then I'll just continue to use the software in Japanese, but it'd be much nicer for my workflow to work in English!

I'm glad your son/daughter enjoys living in Japan. It's a wonderful country! I've been living here for a while now and I can't imagine calling anywhere else home.
I received a copy of PowerDirector 10 bundled with my BD-RW drive (along with PowerDVD, PhotoDirector and other software).

I live in Japan so these bundled applications were the Japanese version. When I install them I am only given the option to install them in Japanese. When I go to the preferences to change the display language to English (my native language), I am only given Japanese as an option.

Checking online I see that language packs are available, but none for English. How can I change PowerDirector 10 to English then?

(PowerDVD and PhotoDirector both had updates available, upon updating the software I was able to change the language to English. PowerDirector has no update available, so this is unfortunately not a solution)

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!
Go to: