Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
DVD Authoring: Changing menu type of sub-menus
Seodoa [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 08, 2016 01:35 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
At my workplace, we recently purchased CyberLink PowerDirector 15 to assist in the editing and creation of videos. Today I tried to put together a simple DVD of videos to send to a customer, but I'm running into an issue with sub-menu creation.

Screenshot of Title Menu

This is a view of the Root Menu. The DVD consists of 11 videos in a set of 5 + 5 + 1, grouped by subject. The submenus seem to be setup fine.

Scene Select

Here we have the Scene Select Menu, showing the 3 sub menus properly using the Title Menu style.

Submenu

This is the first of the submenus, with the 5 videos displayed perfectly. Also in the Title Menu style.

But look what happens with the second submenu:

Wonkysubmenu using Root Menu style

For some reason, the second submenu displays using the Root Menu style, which is completely wrong and inconsistent. I have looked all over for some setting to change which type of menu is used, but can't find it anywhere. What's going on here?

If anything, I would prefer the menu types to be Root Menu -> Root Menu (for choosing 3 scenes) -> Scene Select (for choosing chapters in submenus)

Is there anyway to do this?
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote For some reason, the second submenu displays using the Root Menu style, which is completely wrong and inconsistent. I have looked all over for some setting to change which type of menu is used, but can't find it anywhere. What's going on here?

It looks like dvd project which consists of 3 different titles(projects) and 2 of them have 5 chapters. The scenes page in screen4.jpg happens when you previously had a different menu for that project you imported. You was given a choice of whether you want to retain menu data – yes or no in importing that title (project).

It is too late now to try to fix it as you have found. A reset is needed. Try this: In Menu preferences: Select No Menu. Save the project. Exit PD15. Open PD15. Open the project. Select the menu you want. All should be well. Just selecting No Menu and then the menu you want sometimes work too. You could select different titles/chapters menu too and it will work now.

Quote If anything, I would prefer the menu types to be Root Menu -> Root Menu (for choosing 3 scenes) -> Scene Select (for choosing chapters in submenus)Is there anyway to do this?

In the bottom left of the menu preference tab just uncheck Include the Root Menu page.

Let us know if this fixes both of your problems.
Seodoa [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 08, 2016 01:35 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Quote For some reason, the second submenu displays using the Root Menu style, which is completely wrong and inconsistent. I have looked all over for some setting to change which type of menu is used, but can't find it anywhere. What's going on here?

It looks like dvd project which consists of 3 different titles(projects) and 2 of them have 5 chapters. The scenes page in screen4.jpg happens when you previously had a different menu for that project you imported. You was given a choice of whether you want to retain menu data – yes or no in importing that title (project).

It is too late now to try to fix it as you have found. A reset is needed. Try this: In Menu preferences: Select No Menu. Save the project. Exit PD15. Open PD15. Open the project. Select the menu you want. All should be well. Just selecting No Menu and then the menu you want sometimes work too. You could select different titles/chapters menu too and it will work now.

Quote If anything, I would prefer the menu types to be Root Menu -> Root Menu (for choosing 3 scenes) -> Scene Select (for choosing chapters in submenus)Is there anyway to do this?

In the bottom left of the menu preference tab just uncheck Include the Root Menu page.

Let us know if this fixes both of your problems.

I tried remaking the project and the same problem occurred, even when I was very careful to not retain menu data. However, resetting the menu fixed the problem it seems. It's just a little annoying having to go through and readjust the thumbnails and text again for each menu. I have yet to figure out how to make a template with perfectly centered text, it always jumps around a little bit when applied to the project. But that's a problem for another thread.

As for the second issue, removing the root screen works, sure, but then there is no option to Play All. I'd like the DVD to have option to Play All as well as play individual scenes. It's not that big of a deal, I can just play around with the Scene Menu to get it to look right.
dhnj [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 30, 2010 11:14 Messages: 55 Offline
[Post New]
Hi

This is how I create my AVCHD & Blu-ray disc's

Create a disc menu with background picture with the following properties:

Text only(no thumbnails) with max. 14 buttons

NO Include Root Menu

NO Include Menu Opening Video

NO Show thumbnail index

NO Enable motion thumbnail

With your project Title 1 with 5 chapters, create a project with the 5 chapters

Title 2 with 5 chapters, create a project with the 5 chapters

In the Create Disc menu under Content import the the 2 projects with the chapters

Then import the Title 3 Video with no chapters

The Main Menu will contain 3 text buttons like

Video One

Video Two

Video Three

When you click "Video One" on Main Menu will then open the Sub Menu with 5 Text buttons for each chapter plus H button to Main Menu

When you click "Video Two" on Main Menu will then open the Sub Menu with 5 Text buttons for each chapter plus H button to Main Menu

When you click "Video Three" on Main Menu will then open the Video 3 directly

Choose 1 of the 4 Playback Mode Options.