Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Changing display language
Seodoa [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 08, 2016 01:35 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
I received a copy of PowerDirector 10 bundled with my BD-RW drive (along with PowerDVD, PhotoDirector and other software).

I live in Japan so these bundled applications were the Japanese version. When I install them I am only given the option to install them in Japanese. When I go to the preferences to change the display language to English (my native language), I am only given Japanese as an option.

Checking online I see that language packs are available, but none for English. How can I change PowerDirector 10 to English then?

(PowerDVD and PhotoDirector both had updates available, upon updating the software I was able to change the language to English. PowerDirector has no update available, so this is unfortunately not a solution)

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Seodoa,
I have passed on the issue to CyberLink to see what can be done.
My youngest is fluent in Japanese and loves it in Japan.
Dafydd
Seodoa [Avatar]
[Post New]
Awesome! Thank you for passing it along. I hope they can bang out a solution. Until then I'll just continue to use the software in Japanese, but it'd be much nicer for my workflow to work in English!

I'm glad your son/daughter enjoys living in Japan. It's a wonderful country! I've been living here for a while now and I can't imagine calling anywhere else home.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Seodoa,
I need some additional information from the PDR10 version please. Re the About popup window (Click PowerDirector name on the right), please can you record a snapshot (of the About popup) and attach it to your replay or provide the SR number?
Guide Part A, http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/40225.page

Japan is a wonderful country

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 10. 2016 03:50

Seodoa [Avatar]
[Post New]
Sure, here is the screenshot.

SR Number is MES140916-01
[Thumb - SR番号ぼかし.png]
 Filename
SR番号ぼかし.png
[Disk]
 Description
PowerDirector v10
 Filesize
123 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
74 time(s)
Seodoa [Avatar]
[Post New]
Any update on this issue at all?
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
I don’t know if you contacted Cyberlink support for help but Cyberlink gives away PD12 for free in English according to this website: http://www.cyberlink.com/stat/edms/Giveaway/PDR_Giveaway/index.jsp .

Let us know if this help with your aim to get an English version. sealed