Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thanks for your help.
That makes sense.

I just don't know if I have access to them now. I stopped my annual subscription.
I get a RunDLL error.

It says

"There was a problem starting C:\Program

The specified module could not be founnd."
Hi, I am trying to uninstall all Cyberlink stuffs from my PC, and I can't seem to remove these 2 add on's.

Cyberlink Christmas Pack
Cyberlink Holiday Pack Vol. 3

I tried removing it with the uninstaller, I removed all the cyberlink files and directories and even tried removing the registry entries.

I cannot remove these for the life of me.

Does anyone know where to go from here?
Quote Yes it could, as long as you had the frame by frame set of .png files with transparent backgrounds.

You can do that by stepping through the intro frame by frame, using the ./> key and taking snapshots. Oh - & you'd need to put a totally transparent image in Track 1, with the intr sequence in Track 2.

Cheers - Tony

Great, your the man. That's just what I was looking for.

Thanks so much.
It's quite a complicated (many steps) process of replacing animation files in one of the standard template folders. This is a trick my dear departed friend CP (Cranston) and I developed a few years back.

e.g. if you have a look in C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\templates\PowerDirector Content Pack Essential\PiPObject\PDR11_PinP_007, you'll find the animation files for the PiP Object called "Countdown" - 180 of them.

By replacing the animation files with different ones, you get a different animation.

Here's the tutorial CP made to explain the process - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aoxs-elMuJ4

Now that PDR can import alpha channel videos, that isn't necessary any more... as long as you have the aplha channel video!

Cheers - Tony

Could that be done for an intro?
Quote Hi Jason -

Unfortunately, if you saved it as a "lower third type of video" (in video format), it would not have a transparent background. PDR cannot produce videos with an alpha channel.

The "lower third" templates on DirectorZone would be either :

1. PiP Objects/Video Overlays containing a single element - example

2. Titles with a particle background - example

3. Titles with an image inserted - example

4. Titles or PiP Objects that contain animation files - example

If you can point me to an axample of a PiP Object or Title template on DirectorZone that contains multple elements, I'd be happy to stand corrected.

I'm fairly certain the two options I suggested above are the only ones available. I use the "Insert Project" option most commonly for video intros/outros.

Cheers - Tony

Thanks for your reply Tony.

How do you make the HUD animations? Is it easy to change the color on them?
Quote G'day Jason -

You're right. You can't save a sequence with multiple elements as a PiP Object/Video Overlay template. tomasc wasn't to know that because you didn't state it earlier.

You have two easy options:

1. Save each element of your sequence a separate PiP Object templates, so they can be dropped into any project.

2. Save your sequence as a separate project. Pack the project, then it can be inserted in any future project.

Cheers - Tony

Ok, I like option 1. Is there a way to combine all the elements to 1 so I only have to drag 1 file into the timeline?

I still don't understand why there isn't a simple way to save it as a lower third type of video with a transparent background like what you would get from the Director Zone.
Quote You can save it as a PiP object (template) in which you can reuse later. Here is a tutorial on it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iq1HsYuGbhg .

I'm sorry but I don't see how this is relevant. Am I missing something?

I have 5 or 6 elements that come together to make this intro, I am only able to save 1 in the PiP.

I know this is possible because the Director Zone is loaded with lower thirds.
Hey everyone, I have made a pretty nice intro using paint.net and keyframing the individual parts to move them in PowerDirector.

My question is, How do I turn this into a clip with a transparent background that I can just drop into my video without having to remake it everytime.

It is similar to the way a lower third works I would think. I haven't figured out how to convert it yet.

Thanks for the help.
Quote Hi Jason -

After I bravely asserted that "it could be manually keyframed", I thought I'd better put it to the test.

Bottom line: It can be manually keyframed but it's quite impossible to come up with a decent "Ae-like" result. In fact, the pain I went through doing this was enough to convince me to invest in Ae!

Here's the outcome:

If you're interested, you can download the packed project here. I used a combination of motion tracking and manual keyframing. Oh for a node!

Cheers - Tony

That didn't look half bad. Thank you for that.

How long did it take you to do?

I know After Effects is an Adobe product and as the name would imply, you use it after the movie is created to apply effects. Can this be used with PowerDirector?
Quote The short answer is no undecided

PDR cannot do what Ae does. Where Ae has separate elements with nodes that can be used to track (like the endpoint of the line tracking the subject's head), PDR does not.

You can use motion tracking to have a callout graphic track a subject... but the whole thing would move, not just the endoint.

It could be manually keyframed, but I don't think you'd have much fun doing it! surprised

Cheers - Tony

That answered my question. Thank you very much.

Can we add this to the wish list?
Quote Hi Jason -

An animation like that can be made for PDR, rather than in PDR.

Here are some examples of the same kind of thing - https://directorzone.cyberlink.com/detail/126399284 and https://directorzone.cyberlink.com/detail/126399283

There are plenty of places online where you can purchase thos things, usually in alpha MOV format.

Cheers - Tony

Thank you. I may have not explained so well. That is kinda what I am looking for but I want to use motion tracking with it. I want the text to stay in the same spot on the screen, and the line to move with the object I am tracking.

I didn't try the ones you are referring, but I don't think they motion track.

Is there a way to make that work though? I am pretty new so explanations are greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Hey, everyone. I have been wanting to do a title like this

I have found out it is called a call out title.

Is there anyway to do this in PowerDirector??

Thank You
Something I wish would be added is the ability to bulk unlink audio and bulk video speed adjustments.
So I decided to get the Director Suite yearly subscription and boy am I happy. Powerdirector 15 is working great without shadow files and full HD preview enabled. The playback is smooth and crisp. I have changed my motherboard and upped the ram to 16 GB, but I don't think that has much to do with video rendering. So I guess upgrading to Powerdirector 15 has cured my Powerdirector 14 GPU woes.
Quote Hello Jason,

I am so sorry you're continuing to have the same issues. Unforunately, I'm completely at a loss to know what might be causing the problem.

I suggest you submit a report to the Technical Support team, explaining the problem and referencing this thread. I will refer your issue to CL, via other channels, and hopefully that will lead to a resolution.

Please confirm: Did you completely uninstall the previous version using Revo Uninstaller, then reinstall from your LIVE subscription?

Yes. You had already posted. I received an email notification but the link drew a blank. The forum is experiencing some issue where posts disappear, reported by JL_JL here - http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/50228.page#264111

PIX

Thanks for everyones help but it seems to be fixed. I was playing a little earlier with the live version and the same options were greyed out. I exited the application and just went back to the photo I was playing with and now it works. I don't know what the deal is.

Anyway, thanks for the help.
Quote Hi,

As PIX said, no idea why this would be. Try taking a similar photo snapshot and sharing here.

But also, and most importantly, you should contact technical support about this issue:

https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do

David

Thank you

Once you dig out that PhD installer, an uninstall/re-install will be needed.

PIX

I thought I replied last night, I guess I was wrong. I downloaded and ran the uninstall program you mentioned before. I do not have the install files anywhere. I deleted them out of the trash bin also. I don't know what to do from here?? Maybe I should think about a refund (if it is possible) and just go with the yearly suite for $100.

I went with the refund on the photodirector 8 upgrade and went with the yearly "live" subscription. I am still getting the same greyed out options. What gives?

Once you dig out that PhD installer, an uninstall/re-install will be needed.

PIX

I thought I replied last night, I guess I was wrong. I downloaded and ran the uninstall program you mentioned before. I do not have the install files anywhere. I deleted them out of the trash bin also. I don't know what to do from here?? Maybe I should think about a refund (if it is possible) and just go with the yearly suite for $100.
Go to: