Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Need help with options greyed out
Jab73180 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 09, 2016 20:22 Messages: 40 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, im new to photodirector and photography in general. I just got photodirector 8 and am working with a image of my daughter. The problem I am having is adjustment selection, gradient mask and radial filter tabs are greyed out and I can't use them. I don't know enough about the program to know what is going on. Is it the image causing it? Is it something I am doing? Any help would be helpful. -Jason
[Post New]
Hello Jason,

Welcome to the PhotoDirector forum laughing

That's an unusual problem & I've not seen it reported before. Are the gradient mask & radial filter adjustments greyed out for all photos, or only that particular shot?

Are they available, for example, when you select one of the sample photos provided with PhD? f you've removed them from the library, they can be imported from C:\ProgramData\CyberLink\PhotoDirector\8.0\Sample Images

PIX PIX YouTube channel
Jab73180 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hello Jason,

Welcome to the PhotoDirector forum laughing

That's an unusual problem & I've not seen it reported before. Are the gradient mask & radial filter adjustments greyed out for all photos, or only that particular shot?

Are they available, for example, when you select one of the sample photos provided with PhD? f you've removed them from the library, they can be imported from C:\ProgramData\CyberLink\PhotoDirector\8.0\Sample Images

PIX

It is greyed out for any photo I put import in. the adjustment brush is also mostly greyed out. the only options I have are the brush/eraser tool at the top. Everything below that is greyed out also. -Jason
[Post New]
Jason,

Is your version PhotoDirector Ultra or PhotoDirector Deluxe? The Deluxe version does not have Radial Filter available, but it does have the other Regional Adjustment tools. (That suggests you probably have the Ultra version)

If it's Ultra, the first thing I'd try is a complete uninstall/reinstall using dedicated uninstaller software to remove registry items. Revo Uninstaller (free) functions very well. http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

It certainly doesn't appear to be related to your particular files, since they're probably regular formats. Are they JPGs? Could you possibly attach an example photo which does not have gradient/radial adjustments available?

PIX PIX YouTube channel
Jab73180 [Avatar]
[Post New]

It certainly doesn't appear to be related to your particular files, since they're probably regular formats. Are they JPGs? Could you possibly attach an example photo which does not have gradient/radial adjustments available?

PIX

They are actually raw files. That wouldn't matter would it? Also, this was an upgrade from a previous version. Where do I go to download version 8? -Jason
[Post New]
No - the fact that you're using RAW files should make no difference. I've tested RAW files from hundreds of cameras & dozens of brands & all the regional adjustment tools are available.

Please confirm whether your version is Ultra or Deluxe. You can check under Help > About CL PhD.

Did you not keep your original installer files after they were downloaded? They may be in your Downloads folder already.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
Jab73180 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Please confirm whether your version is Ultra or Deluxe. You can check under Help > About CL PhD.
PIX

Thats what I was thinking at first, but it does say ultra. -Jason
[Post New]
What camera(s) are the RAW files from? Model? What format photos?

Have you been able to locate your PhD8 installer file?

PIX PIX YouTube channel
Jab73180 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote What camera(s) are the RAW files from? Model? What format photos?

Have you been able to locate your PhD8 installer file?

PIX

Canon t5, i think it is cr2 format. I haven't been home yet to check. -Jason
[Post New]
You're right Jason. It's CR2... and that's not the issue.

Once you dig out that PhD installer, an uninstall/re-install will be needed.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
Jab73180 [Avatar]
[Post New]

PIX

I thought I replied last night, I guess I was wrong. I downloaded and ran the uninstall program you mentioned before. I do not have the install files anywhere. I deleted them out of the trash bin also. I don't know what to do from here?? Maybe I should think about a refund (if it is possible) and just go with the yearly suite for $100. -Jason
Jab73180 [Avatar]
[Post New]

PIX

I thought I replied last night, I guess I was wrong. I downloaded and ran the uninstall program you mentioned before. I do not have the install files anywhere. I deleted them out of the trash bin also. I don't know what to do from here?? Maybe I should think about a refund (if it is possible) and just go with the yearly suite for $100.

I went with the refund on the photodirector 8 upgrade and went with the yearly "live" subscription. I am still getting the same greyed out options. What gives? -Jason
CLD [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 23, 2007 02:05 Messages: 925 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

As PIX said, no idea why this would be. Try taking a similar photo snapshot and sharing here.

But also, and most importantly, you should contact technical support about this issue:

https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do

David
Jab73180 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi,

As PIX said, no idea why this would be. Try taking a similar photo snapshot and sharing here.

But also, and most importantly, you should contact technical support about this issue:

https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do

David

Thank you -Jason
[Post New]
Hello Jason,

I am so sorry you're continuing to have the same issues. Unforunately, I'm completely at a loss to know what might be causing the problem.

I suggest you submit a report to the Technical Support team, explaining the problem and referencing this thread. I will refer your issue to CL, via other channels, and hopefully that will lead to a resolution.

Please confirm: Did you completely uninstall the previous version using Revo Uninstaller, then reinstall from your LIVE subscription?

Yes. You had already posted. I received an email notification but the link drew a blank. The forum is experiencing some issue where posts disappear, reported by JL_JL here - http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/50228.page#264111

PIX PIX YouTube channel
Jab73180 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hello Jason,

I am so sorry you're continuing to have the same issues. Unforunately, I'm completely at a loss to know what might be causing the problem.

I suggest you submit a report to the Technical Support team, explaining the problem and referencing this thread. I will refer your issue to CL, via other channels, and hopefully that will lead to a resolution.

Please confirm: Did you completely uninstall the previous version using Revo Uninstaller, then reinstall from your LIVE subscription?

Yes. You had already posted. I received an email notification but the link drew a blank. The forum is experiencing some issue where posts disappear, reported by JL_JL here - http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/50228.page#264111

PIX

Thanks for everyones help but it seems to be fixed. I was playing a little earlier with the live version and the same options were greyed out. I exited the application and just went back to the photo I was playing with and now it works. I don't know what the deal is.

Anyway, thanks for the help. -Jason
[Post New]

I'll unwrite the email I just wrote! laughing Excellent result, though we still don't have a clue as to the cause.

PIX PIX YouTube channel