Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote When I had PD14 on I had PowerDVD10 that played all my DVDs. Now I have upgraded to PD15 and it seems this program, PowerDVD10, has disappeared. What gives, do I not have it with PD15, can't figure otherwise how I lost it.
Thanks, Tom

Look into your computer Installed Programs and see if it still there. If it is you might possibly see if it is your Start Menu, and if not there go and find the folder it is installed in, perhaps C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD10. In that folder there should be an exe or application you can click on.

Apparently PowerDVD10 and Power2Go are both supplied with my Lenovo computer. They're both located in the Program Files(x86) in the Lenovo folder. I run the compatibility wizard on it and it says it won't run under Windows 10, it's a Windows 7 program. It says the vendor (Lenovo) has a paid updated program. I did a duckduckgo search and found it listed under Lenovo software.

Kinda confusing because it's always ran OK before today, and I've had this Lenovo for a couple years now, got it with Windows 8/freebie upgrade to 10. Don't understand why they'd put a Windows 7 program on a Win 8/10 operating system.

Well, anyways, looks like it's a Lenovo problem, not a Cyberlink one. I'll get with their techies and find out what the scoop is.

Thanks very much for your help and for your patience with us Luddites.
Tom
When I had PD14 on I had PowerDVD10 that played all my DVDs. Now I have upgraded to PD15 and it seems this program, PowerDVD10, has disappeared. What gives, do I not have it with PD15, can't figure otherwise how I lost it.
Thanks, Tom
It would be nice to be able to edit the text in Theme Designer, to use a different font, size and color.
AAMOF, I would think it would be imperative to put that feature in any new releases. I won't even dream of a patch
to fix it in PD15
Quote Tom -

That screenshot seems to indicate that you didn't install the Contents Packs that came with PDR14.

What do you see when you navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\templates\PowerDirector Content Pack Essential\Styles? I'm guessing not much.

Do you still have the Contents Packs installer files?

Sorry - I know I'm not dealing with your original question. If you download & install a template from DZ, it should be available.

Cheers - Tony

Thanks for your patience with me, Tony, it's MUCH appreciated.

When I D/L these things, where should they go? Here's a S/shot of my D/L dialog box:

Hey Tony, hold fire on this for a bit. I have just now bought and am downloading PD15 Ultimate.
I'll install it and see if it hiccups on these Magic Style downloads.

I installed PD15 and all the extras and all seems to be going well.
One question, though: How can I change the font, color & size in the openings and closings of the Magic Styles?
Or can I? Sure would make sense.

At any rate, thanks much for all your help patience with me. I know we Luddites can be trying from time-to-time.
Quote Tom -

That screenshot seems to indicate that you didn't install the Contents Packs that came with PDR14.

What do you see when you navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\templates\PowerDirector Content Pack Essential\Styles? I'm guessing not much.

Sorry - I know I'm not dealing with your original question. If you download & install a template from DZ, it should be available.

Cheers - Tony

When I D/L these things, where should they go? Here's a S/shot of my D/L dialog box:

Hey Tony, hold fire on this for a bit. I have just now bought and am downloading PD15 Ultimate.
I'll install it and see if it hiccups on these Magic Style downloads.
Quote Tom -

Cheers - Tony

Quote Tom -

Cheers - Tony

Quote No problem Tom! I made a mistake once, too. laughing

That "Notepad (with transitions)" Magic Style template should have been installed as part of your PDR14, without any need to download it from DZ.

When you open your Magic Style library, do you see (something like) what's in the attached screenshot?

Cheers - Tony

Yes, I see that, but it doesn't have my downloaded item in it.
New screenshot attached

Vis-a-vis mistakes, that was my second one.
Quote Hi Tom -

The template shown in your screenshot is a particle object (.dzp). That's why it's not showing up in Magic Style.

Cheers - Tony

Thanks for the response, Tony

My bad, I sent the wrong screenshot. Right one attached here.
I download some Magic Style templates (Notebook is the one I have mostly been trying) and when it's downloaded I can't open it in PD14. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, I've never used these before, but can't figure out what.
I have done nothing on PD14 for several months and am re-learning a lot of things about it.

PD14
Win 10
Firefox browser.

Screenshot of dialog box I see when I go to D/L, it seems to be different from what I have been seeing before

Thanks very much,
Tom
Quote The screenshot show that the firewire connections are not active. There are many things that can cause this. Some brands of camcorder will not have an active ieee port if used on battery power. It must be connected to the power adapter. The chipset in the firewire adapter is important. Some works better than others. Try this:

1. Connect the ieee cable to the camcorder and pc. Power on the camcorder in the vcr mode. You should see DV in or DV out on the viewfinder display depending on how you set the menu in the camcorder. You may have to enable those functions in the camcorder.

2. After you correctly set the camcorder then the DV capture in PD14 will show the lighted DV camcorder button on the top left of the screen in which you can click to enable it.

3. If the above did not work then you need to determine the ieee chipset which may show in device manager. One fast way to get it going is to leave everything as is all connected and powered up and then reboot the computer.

4. Open PD14 and check to see if the firewire is active.

If you still can’t get it going then review how you connected everthing. The camcorder connector could be damaged and need repair. See this recent post: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/50554.page for help.

Let us know how it turns out.

Thanks very much for the advice. I think the firewire board may not have been working properly before even though Device Manager said it was.
At any rate, I have it working OK now.

Tom Wright
agss241
San Angelo, Texas
Quote Hi Tom, It is confusing isn't it.

To capture from your DV camcorder via IEEE card, you must select to use the "capture from DV" icon = the first one on the left. If you select that do you have that op0tion? Maske sure your camcorder is plugged in and on but paused.

Thanks very much. What you told me works. I don't know why, but I had not seen the icon in the top left side of the screen. Running fine now.

Tom Wright
agss241
San Angelo, Texas
I have the IEEE 1394 PCIe card installed, Device Manager tells me it's working properly, but I can't begin a capture.
Attached is a screen shot of my capture screen.
Had a problem a couple days ago with capture from analog VHS and your reply got me going straightaway.

Thanks, Tom

Also a screenshot of my capture preferences.
Quote You don’t have to click the red recording button. You should hear audio on the computer if you hooked the red/white pair of audio cables with a good tape playing on the vcr.

Go to the Settings button on the PD12 Capture page and make sure the TV setup is set to the correct ntsc or pal depending on the output of the vcr. Look at the video setup page and change the capture source to either S-Video or composite depending on how you hooked it up. Make sure the other settings are correct too.

Make sure the tape is still playing and outputing a good signal while you make the adjustments.

Thanks. That seems to have done it. I'll try a capture now and see. Thanks much.
Quote The screenshot show that you have the easycap powered up. Assuming that you connected it properly then you need to click that white tv button under the Capture tab on the top left. That button will then turn blue and be active for you to start recording.

Let us know if this fixes your problem.

OK, the TV set icon turns blue and I click on the red "Record" button at bottom of display and I still get no picture. The display flashes green for about 1-2 seconds and then goes black.
Does the "Channel" up or down selection have anything to do with it? I have my VHS recorder set on Channel 3.
Here's my Capture preferences.
I'm trying to capture from a vhs player thru a video capture interface called EZCAP. I know the tape is running but I can't get it input into the capture screen.
Screenshot attached
Well, maybe so, Dan, but there probably was never a boneheaded Luddite like me here.
I see you're in Richmond, one of my favorite places. "Virginia is for lovers"
OK. I see enough of it to get me started, ynotfish. Thanks much. Hope it's OK if I come back here with a "bonehead Luddite" question if I get hung up again.
Thanx, Tom
OK, so I got the email Director Zone Weekly and bought, downloaded & installed
Video Essentials VI*: 100+ Premium Video Effects
There isn't any information, help or anything on how to use it with PD. I'm at a total loss.
Please help????
This Lenovo came with Win 8.1 and I performed the upgrade myself. (I thot it interesting that MS said I could go back to Win 8.1 within 30 days. One look at Win 10 and I wanted to go back, it said I was not eligible to go back.)

I did the Win 10 upgrade before I installed PD14. I have had PD14 installed for only 3 days now.

Part A (as I understand it):

PowerDirector Ultimate 14.0.2302.0

SR Number VDE151023-05

Part B (My diagnostic doesn't look same as the example shown, but here is my screenshot):

When I click on the "Insert Image" Icon I get a dialog boix asking for:

Source

Image description

Dimensions x

(Box with check mark) "Constrain Proportions"{.

I don't know what that stuff means.

I'm not a computer engineer, not even close to a geek. I'm just a guy who pecks at a keyboard and clicks a mouse, expecting things to work. Frustrating as hell when they don't, especially 3 days after I've spent bucks for something.
I have a screenshot saved on my desktop but I ain't got the foggiest notion how to get it uploaded.
Go to: