Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Capture froanalog device
[Post New]
I'm trying to capture from a vhs player thru a video capture interface called EZCAP. I know the tape is running but I can't get it input into the capture screen.
Screenshot attached
[Thumb - screen.jpg]
 Filename
screen.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
126 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
26 time(s)
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
The screenshot show that you have the easycap powered up. Assuming that you connected it properly then you need to click that white tv button under the Capture tab on the top left. That button will then turn blue and be active for you to start recording.

Let us know if this fixes your problem.
[Post New]
Quote The screenshot show that you have the easycap powered up. Assuming that you connected it properly then you need to click that white tv button under the Capture tab on the top left. That button will then turn blue and be active for you to start recording.

Let us know if this fixes your problem.

OK, the TV set icon turns blue and I click on the red "Record" button at bottom of display and I still get no picture. The display flashes green for about 1-2 seconds and then goes black.
Does the "Channel" up or down selection have anything to do with it? I have my VHS recorder set on Channel 3.
Here's my Capture preferences.
[Thumb - screen2.jpg]
 Filename
screen2.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
63 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
18 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 16. 2016 16:03

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
You don’t have to click the red recording button. You should hear audio on the computer if you hooked the red/white pair of audio cables with a good tape playing on the vcr.

Go to the Settings button on the PD12 Capture page and make sure the TV setup is set to the correct ntsc or pal depending on the output of the vcr. Look at the video setup page and change the capture source to either S-Video or composite depending on how you hooked it up. Make sure the other settings are correct too.

Make sure the tape is still playing and outputing a good signal while you make the adjustments.
[Post New]
Quote You don’t have to click the red recording button. You should hear audio on the computer if you hooked the red/white pair of audio cables with a good tape playing on the vcr.

Go to the Settings button on the PD12 Capture page and make sure the TV setup is set to the correct ntsc or pal depending on the output of the vcr. Look at the video setup page and change the capture source to either S-Video or composite depending on how you hooked it up. Make sure the other settings are correct too.

Make sure the tape is still playing and outputing a good signal while you make the adjustments.

Thanks. That seems to have done it. I'll try a capture now and see. Thanks much.