Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD10
[Post New]
When I had PD14 on I had PowerDVD10 that played all my DVDs. Now I have upgraded to PD15 and it seems this program, PowerDVD10, has disappeared. What gives, do I not have it with PD15, can't figure otherwise how I lost it.
Thanks, Tom
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Quote When I had PD14 on I had PowerDVD10 that played all my DVDs. Now I have upgraded to PD15 and it seems this program, PowerDVD10, has disappeared. What gives, do I not have it with PD15, can't figure otherwise how I lost it.
Thanks, Tom

Look into your computer Installed Programs and see if it still there. If it is you might possibly see if it is your Start Menu, and if not there go and find the folder it is installed in, perhaps C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD10. In that folder there should be an exe or application you can click on. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
[Post New]
Quote When I had PD14 on I had PowerDVD10 that played all my DVDs. Now I have upgraded to PD15 and it seems this program, PowerDVD10, has disappeared. What gives, do I not have it with PD15, can't figure otherwise how I lost it.
Thanks, Tom

Look into your computer Installed Programs and see if it still there. If it is you might possibly see if it is your Start Menu, and if not there go and find the folder it is installed in, perhaps C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD10. In that folder there should be an exe or application you can click on.

Apparently PowerDVD10 and Power2Go are both supplied with my Lenovo computer. They're both located in the Program Files(x86) in the Lenovo folder. I run the compatibility wizard on it and it says it won't run under Windows 10, it's a Windows 7 program. It says the vendor (Lenovo) has a paid updated program. I did a duckduckgo search and found it listed under Lenovo software.

Kinda confusing because it's always ran OK before today, and I've had this Lenovo for a couple years now, got it with Windows 8/freebie upgrade to 10. Don't understand why they'd put a Windows 7 program on a Win 8/10 operating system.

Well, anyways, looks like it's a Lenovo problem, not a Cyberlink one. I'll get with their techies and find out what the scoop is.

Thanks very much for your help and for your patience with us Luddites.
Tom