Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Magic style
[Post New]
I download some Magic Style templates (Notebook is the one I have mostly been trying) and when it's downloaded I can't open it in PD14. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, I've never used these before, but can't figure out what.
I have done nothing on PD14 for several months and am re-learning a lot of things about it.

PD14
Win 10
Firefox browser.

Screenshot of dialog box I see when I go to D/L, it seems to be different from what I have been seeing before

Thanks very much,
Tom
[Thumb - screenshot.jpg]
 Filename
screenshot.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
245 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
37 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 16. 2017 22:17

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Tom -

The template shown in your screenshot is a particle object (.dzp). That's why it's not showing up in Magic Style.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]
Quote Hi Tom -

The template shown in your screenshot is a particle object (.dzp). That's why it's not showing up in Magic Style.

Cheers - Tony

Thanks for the response, Tony

My bad, I sent the wrong screenshot. Right one attached here.
[Thumb - screenshot.jpg]
 Filename
screenshot.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
253 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
31 time(s)
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
No problem Tom! I made a mistake once, too. laughing

That "Notepad (with transitions)" Magic Style template should have been installed as part of your PDR14, without any need to download it from DZ.

When you open your Magic Style library, do you see (something like) what's in the attached screenshot?

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - PDR14_Magic Styles.png]
 Filename
PDR14_Magic Styles.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
996 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
37 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 17. 2017 07:13

[Post New]
Quote No problem Tom! I made a mistake once, too. laughing

That "Notepad (with transitions)" Magic Style template should have been installed as part of your PDR14, without any need to download it from DZ.

When you open your Magic Style library, do you see (something like) what's in the attached screenshot?

Cheers - Tony

Yes, I see that, but it doesn't have my downloaded item in it.
New screenshot attached

Vis-a-vis mistakes, that was my second one.
[Thumb - screenshot.jpg]
 Filename
screenshot.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
214 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
29 time(s)
ynotfish
[Post New]
Tom -

That screenshot seems to indicate that you didn't install the Contents Packs that came with PDR14.

What do you see when you navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\templates\PowerDirector Content Pack Essential\Styles? I'm guessing not much.

Do you still have the Contents Packs installer files?

Sorry - I know I'm not dealing with your original question. If you download & install a template from DZ, it should be available.

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - Styles Templates.png]
 Filename
Styles Templates.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
104 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
35 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 17. 2017 08:29

[Post New]
Quote Tom -

That screenshot seems to indicate that you didn't install the Contents Packs that came with PDR14.

What do you see when you navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\templates\PowerDirector Content Pack Essential\Styles? I'm guessing not much.

Sorry - I know I'm not dealing with your original question. If you download & install a template from DZ, it should be available.

Cheers - Tony

Thanks for your patience with me, Tony, it's MUCH appreciated.
[Thumb - screenshot.jpg]
 Filename
screenshot.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
388 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
26 time(s)
[Post New]
Quote Tom -

Cheers - Tony

When I D/L these things, where should they go? Here's a S/shot of my D/L dialog box:
[Thumb - screenshot.jpg]
 Filename
screenshot.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
272 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
35 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 17. 2017 09:10

[Post New]
Quote Tom -

Cheers - Tony

When I D/L these things, where should they go? Here's a S/shot of my D/L dialog box:

Hey Tony, hold fire on this for a bit. I have just now bought and am downloading PD15 Ultimate.
I'll install it and see if it hiccups on these Magic Style downloads.
[Post New]
Quote Tom -

Cheers - Tony

Hey Tony, hold fire on this for a bit. I have just now bought and am downloading PD15 Ultimate.
I'll install it and see if it hiccups on these Magic Style downloads.

I installed PD15 and all the extras and all seems to be going well.
One question, though: How can I change the font, color & size in the openings and closings of the Magic Styles?
Or can I? Sure would make sense.

At any rate, thanks much for all your help patience with me. I know we Luddites can be trying from time-to-time.