Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD16 failing to Render and Upload
will_s [Avatar]
Member Joined: Oct 18, 2015 05:43 Messages: 66 Offline
[Post New]
Its says it has but it doesnt. The rendering is done straight away and uploading is only a few seconds to youtube. Been having problems with this for a week and sometimes it works and today was strange. I edited the video and the first part worked, went back and picked the 2nd part and its failed......PD16 says it worked but for a 3 min video it usually takes about 3 mins to process but when it fails it shows as 100% complate straight away.

Originally I thought it may have had something to do with the new Desktop Recording Program ( I used the trial ) but I removed that and PD 16 as well and then installed it again. I dont know if the recent Windows 10 upgrade had anything to do with it but I have been using Power Director since PD10 ( I think, its been a long time ) and never had such wierd things happening.

btw: how do you know if you are using the latest verion ie patch ?

edit: looked in the files and found the exe file and it showed 2018 so looks like it is patched

Maybe time to dump this and find something else

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 17. 2018 09:08

Hatti
Contributor Location: Bonn, Germany Joined: Feb 21, 2017 15:54 Messages: 576 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Its says it has but it doesnt. The rendering is done straight away and uploading is only a few seconds to youtube. Been having problems with this for a week and sometimes it works and today was strange. I edited the video and the first part worked, went back and picked the 2nd part and its failed......PD16 says it worked but for a 3 min video it usually takes about 3 mins to process but when it fails it shows as 100% complate straight away.

Originally I thought it may have had something to do with the new Desktop Recording Program ( I used the trial ) but I removed that and PD 16 as well and then installed it again. I dont know if the recent Windows 10 upgrade had anything to do with it but I have been using Power Director since PD10 ( I think, its been a long time ) and never had such wierd things happening.

Does it fail with every clip?
Did you try to reinstall?
Which Desktop recording program? File format?
Codec pack installed? (e.g. K-lite)

Quote btw: how do you know if you are using the latest verion ie patch ?

In the upper left corner, there is the PD logo. click it. A dialog opens. There you can see the patchlevel. See screenshots.

Quote Maybe time to dump this and find something else

Do it. Good luck.

Hatti
[Thumb - Zwischenablage02.jpg]
 Filename
Zwischenablage02.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
about button
 Filesize
45 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
2 time(s)
[Thumb - Zwischenablage03.jpg]
 Filename
Zwischenablage03.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
about dialog
 Filesize
72 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
2 time(s)
Win 10 64, i7-4790k, 32GB Ram, 256 GB SSD, SATA 2TB, SATA 4TB, NVidia GTX1080 8GB, LG 34" 4K Wide, AOC 24" 1080
will_s [Avatar]
[Post New]

Does it fail with every clip?
Did you try to reinstall?
Which Desktop recording program? File format?
Codec pack installed? (e.g. K-lite)

In the upper left corner, there is the PD logo. click it. A dialog opens. There you can see the patchlevel. See screenshots.

Do it. Good luck.

Hatti

" alt="youtube videos failing" id="__mcenew" />

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 18. 2018 00:38

will_s [Avatar]
[Post New]

I tried to upload again and thought I would do a video capture of it . Now the attempted VIR youtube failed but the capture of the "failing" worked and uploaded. Only difference was I trimmed a lot of the VIR video.

No codecs installed........just did a clean install on Windows beginning of last month
Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt, once I trimmed the front part and posted and it worked but when I trimmed another part it failed.

and had Cyber Link 16 Recorder set to WMV

and I did a reinstall of PD16

have 16.02816.0

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at May 18. 2018 01:10

Hatti
Contributor Location: Bonn, Germany Joined: Feb 21, 2017 15:54 Messages: 576 Offline
[Post New]
Which program do you use for capturing the game? The reason of that questiuon: Some capturing programs produce a video with variable framerate, which is very awful for every editor. That can cause problems.
And your video capture was done with ScreenRecorder by Cyberlink, and you uploaded it to youtube. That seemed to work...

PD produces the clip prior to uploading to youtube. Is the clip ok?

Try to produce the clip and don't make an upload to youtube from PD. Ist the produced clip ok? Try H.264 and H.265.

Hatti Win 10 64, i7-4790k, 32GB Ram, 256 GB SSD, SATA 2TB, SATA 4TB, NVidia GTX1080 8GB, LG 34" 4K Wide, AOC 24" 1080
will_s [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Which program do you use for capturing the game? The reason of that questiuon: Some capturing programs produce a video with variable framerate, which is very awful for every editor. That can cause problems.
And your video capture was done with ScreenRecorder by Cyberlink, and you uploaded it to youtube. That seemed to work...

PD produces the clip prior to uploading to youtube. Is the clip ok?

Try to produce the clip and don't make an upload to youtube from PD. Ist the produced clip ok? Try H.264 and H.265.

Hatti

am using the Cyberlink Recording Program that comes with PD16 ...CyberLink ScreenRecorder 16

Used to use the Geforce Experience ShadowPlay but the in game overlay wont work now.

Its not the upload that is the problem, it is not doing the Rendering................the rendering for the Video of the error took just under 3 minutes but as can be seen in the end the rendering took no time...it didnt do it

and on the last page where it shows the rendering it shows the full video when I look at it

Something is wrong
Hatti
[Post New]
again:

and:

Try an other clip, not a screen capture.

Hatti Win 10 64, i7-4790k, 32GB Ram, 256 GB SSD, SATA 2TB, SATA 4TB, NVidia GTX1080 8GB, LG 34" 4K Wide, AOC 24" 1080
will_s [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote again:

and:

Try an other clip, not a screen capture.

Hatti

I use H265 and it always worked. The videos in question when i looked in the folder are there but they are all blank when you play them, they show the correct time for the length of the video . Its not the upload to youtube that is the problem but somehow it has to do with trimming the video. I can do the whole 15 minutes and it produces but if I try to trim then it just does a blank one. Actually it wont even let me do a multi trim and its doing strange things even in single trim. Yet when I did a 90 second at the start of the 15 minute video it worked. Did the 15 minyte produce and it was rendering when it locked up my PC ...had it in quiet mode and it must have got quite hot ( overclocked to 4.9 )

So it wont produce the trim version but will produce the full clip. Now I can use the PDRecorder 16 and save it as MP4 and that should work and then just put that on youtube manually.

But I shouldnt have to do this.....there is something wrong with PD16 ? going to try a lot of different things to see what is going on
Hatti
[Post New]
I don't know, I never used the PD upload function.
I used, the clip is produced as WMV. Maybe there is a hickup.
Have you tried to produce a WMV of a trimmed clip manually? With the same settings as the uploader does?
But if the H.265 and upload to youtube works, it's ok.

Maybe consider to open a Cybelink ticket.

will_s [Avatar]
[Post New]
this is early but I think I have traced my problem to dragging the marker when I want to do a trim. Its a 15 minutes clip and I know the lap I want is near the back so I drag ( using the mouse ) the "Mark in" yellow maker to about 11 minutes into the video and then drag the mark out to about the 14 minute mark

edit: btw, sorry about been rude and not saying thankyou previously so thanks for your input

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 18. 2018 03:20

will_s [Avatar]
[Post New]
btw: have raised a ticket and its like banging ones head against a brick wall except you get more please from the brick wall

last reply and they called me Joseph
PowerDirector Tutorials
Senior Member Location: Tennessee Joined: Sep 29, 2014 20:25 Messages: 192 Offline
[Post New]
Having powerdirector doing your upload for you will just make you work harder in youtube. With in youtube if you go into your account panel of youtube click on CHANNEL and then UPLOAD defaults you will see many choices here. For example your description box you could have mostly filled out. Then your tags use quotes on 2 or more works in that box with a space to separate your keywords. When you do a manual upload by selecting upload and then just finding the file it will populate those boxes in your video as it uploads thru the browser.

PowerDirector Tutorials Team
will_s [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Having powerdirector doing your upload for you will just make you work harder in youtube. With in youtube if you go into your account panel of youtube click on CHANNEL and then UPLOAD defaults you will see many choices here. For example your description box you could have mostly filled out. Then your tags use quotes on 2 or more works in that box with a space to separate your keywords. When you do a manual upload by selecting upload and then just finding the file it will populate those boxes in your video as it uploads thru the browser.

its not the upload that is causing the problem, for some reason there is nothing there...it thinks there is nothing to render after I have trimmed the video. It seems to only happen if I rush things and drag the yellow posts that are the "mark in" or "mark out" indicators. That is where it fails even if it shows the correct portion of the video in the timeline after its trimmed. Sometimes you mark the portion but want to make adjustments and then it happens also.............the upload part in the title is not a problem and in hindsight shouldnt be there but I have found a lot of things out.

If I want it to work be sure to "mark in" only once and not move it or remark it later. Even multi trim will now work if I mark them and not adjust them ....I tried that late last night amd just marked in and marked out marked in and marked out marked in and marked out but once I hadmarked with the yellow posts I didnt adjust them and it worked. Now why does adjusting them cause things to screw up ?

Anyway I will now view the video carefully, note what parts and what time I want to trim and then enter the treim status and do it at where I want.