Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I'm using PD 16.

I tried capture feature to record video using the webcam and placed the setting of the Mic to my USB Condenser mic.

After recording, My audio and video were not sync
Hi Everyone,

every so often Youtube keeps changing their license agreements... I just got a licese agreement update again, but it s so full of jargon it is difficult to understand. My concern is for video uploading, so I wanted to ask these questions regarding the. I am just new and have not uploaded any videos...

1) What restrictions apply to me?
2) What is the length of the videos I can upload?
3) Can I still add links to my videos?
4) Can I still click on "monetize video" even if I am new?
5) What format and size of video am I allowed?

Thanks so much
I am experienceing the same problem with Powerdirector 16. How do we fix this?

Tried everything and decided that my time is worth something and this could take hours and probably won't get solved so upgraded to version 16 imported the timeline and walla works like a charm no skips. Heres the link to new video with version 16: https://youtu.be/APTtuBi8epQ

thanks for your efforts

I looked at the youtube video you posted. I want to say that I think it is very beautiful! Is that you playing with the sticks or are you just the video editor?

Anyway, I am glad that you fixed the problem. You seem to be very talented with video editing.
Hi everyone,

I used the motion tracker and it seems to work while the module is open. When I click "OK" and the motion tracker window closes, it doesnt do anything, my effects disappear!

I found a similar thread in PD15 over here:

https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/51912.page#272342

The thing is I tried the "regsrv32 -u vsfilter.dll" command as suggested by the thread, but my windows 10 didnt recognize regsrv32 as a command or file. Im not sure if there is a typo error on the thread or if MS changed the filename or the file registry, whatever it is, it doesnt work.

Before I try the uninstaller, I wanted to ask anyone's experience/advice on this. Thank you.

Charles
Quote I am adding credits to a project of mine and I would like the credits to stop scrolling when the last line gets to the center of the screen. I looked in the advanced settings but I couldn't find any keyframes to manipulate. Any recommendations as to what I can do? I'd really prefer to not do it manually, if that is an option.
PowerDirector Title Editor

My advice is a "hack", it might not be the best way to do it, but it might work and you might like it.

1) Freeze the frame at the last credit line you want it to stop at.

2) Press Cntr-P to take a screenshot

3) Paste the screenshot image into your timeline with the final credit scene. Stretch it into how many seconds you would like the final credits to be displayed

4) Cut out the portion of the final credits scene where it changes beyond your screen shot.

So what will happen is that you have the rolling credits c/o your video, and the final credits displayed is actually just a fixed image. You can make this final image last any aount of time, and apply any effect on it.

I hope this is useful and helpful.

Charles
Hi Count Zero,

I know you have resolved your issue, so I suppose my question will be insignificant now.

I wanted to know if this problems happens when playback in the timeline only, or if this happens when you playback the rendered files. Thanks

Ahh yes sure. Ok firstly 'imageone' you can see the crop/zoom selection. In the corner accesssed from Power Tool Settings. No Zoom, preview window find and 16:9 ratio.

imagetwo same. You can see the preview is clearly cropped to suit.

imagethree once produced. Yes I've tried opening it in several different formats, on other machines etc etc.

Three images are here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/58408bnlzyr9nsi/AACA0hSUjPYb8xCYl-BQIADca?dl=0

No borders selected. Have already done four videos exactly the same way without this result....quite baffling, time consuming and frustrating!!!

Hi Loopy,

I was looking at your screenshots and was wondering what happens if you render the original video without cropping it? Will it still be rendered as a cropped video or will it render as normal? Lets call your newly rendered video as "video 2".

If Video 2 comes out normal, and you use Video 2 for this production complete with the crop effect, will it solve the problem or will the problem still show up?

I am wondering if the problem is with the settings or files of PD or if it is with the video codecs. By rerending the video without adding any effects using PD, I think we will remove any problems with the codecs and might fix it. If it doesnt get fixed, I suspect it could be something to do with the settings or is a bug.

BTW, Im not an expert at PD. I am just analyzing this, so you are not obliged to try this out. Its just that if I encountered the same problem, this is what I would experiment on. I hope this helps.

Thank you.

Charles
Quote I'm sure this is just something simple I'm overlooking, but for photos that run in the video track behind the narration in a video I would like to have the option for them to gradually and very slightly zoom, just to add a little more visual interest. I'm not seeing how to select that effect. Will be very grateful if someone can explain how to do it. Thanking you in advance!

Hi,

Ive only been using PD16 for a few days, so I am not an expert with it. I wanted to do something similar to what you are doing though. This is what Ive done with images so far:

1) First I started a new project. Placed the image as the only item in the timeline and then rendered it as a full video.

2) Next, I pasted the newly rendered video into the timeline of the project I want to show the image zooming into.

3) Then I used action camera settings zoom function to do the zooming in and zooming out action. We can either set the zooming in speed using action camera setting or use the speed setting controls in power tools to slow down the zooming in speed if I wanted it slower (I often use the power tools).

4) Lastly, if I dont like the zooming out part, I cut it out, and in its place I place a screenshot (Cntr-P) of the zoomed image so that the zoomed image will be focused on for as long as I like (The screen will actually show an image of the zoomed it video).

Action Camera Settings seem to only work with video files and not images, so step 1 and 2 converts the image into a video file which we can use for the action camera settings to work on. The advantage of this technique is that you can zoom in to any part of the video and at any magnitude. I think you can also zoom in at any speed. By using the screenshots along with it, you can also keep the videos zoomed in at any amount of time you like.

I hope this is helpful.
That makes sense. I'll go try it out.
Quote Hi,
Please provide a screenshot of your observation. Use Print Screen SysRq keyboard button to capture all the information. See Guide Parts E & F. https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/49531.page

I have attached a couple of images to show the difference between a video clip and a still image, on my system.

Dafydd

I notice the same problem, and Im using PD 16. When I select an image, action camera disappears. When I select a video clip, it is there. What I did was create a video clip out of the still image by producing it in a new project. When I placed it back as a video clip, the action camera tool came back.
Quote I do not know if it is your case, here sometimes, PD16 delays closing completely, so files that were in the library can not be deleted.
The way I do, wait or do Logo Off of Windows.
As I know PD16 has not closed 100%, because it can not be reopened

I figured it out. Its a little bit irritating for me though...

It was like this. When I produce a project, Power Director adds the finished product's file into the currrent project's media library. When I erased it in the media library, the problem disappeared. I noticed that it does the same thing on every project I produce. Is this a setting I can turn off? I find it really useless to add the finished product into a project's own library.

Thanks.
Quote Yes when asked if you want to search for the missing file, from the path where it is in HD, after loading the project completely, Save Project, to update.

For some reason, my copy of Power Director doesnt ask for a new path. It just makes those media files disappear from the timeline. Do I have to choose it from some menu?

T - thanks much for the solution and it worked like a charm. I never would have figured that out.

C

Thanks for your question and the answers. It worked for me too. I also found that by zooming the timeline horizontally, I can see the "rogue" clip very easily.

There are other parameters that might work better than reducing the framerate - the overall bitrate and/or the container/codec combination.

If you take a representative, but not massive, project and produce it using different standard output formats you may be able to get your smaller file size without losing visual quality?

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

Thank you so much,

I was able to change it at the Produce mode... It didnt seem to change the file size though. Thanks
Hi guys,

I completed a few projects but I realized that when I did so, I used media clips from my USB flashdisk. I copied the files to the hard disk already but Power Director keeps searching for the USB disk whenever I load those projects. When I dont insert the USB disk, several clips are missing from my project.

Is there a way I can "redirect" Powerdirector to the clips in the same clips on the hard disk without having to redo the timelime?

Thanks

Charles
Hi guys,

I made 1 project which I converted to a final video file. I want to erase them already. Whenever I try to erase the final video files though, windows refuses to erase them and complains that power director is still using the files, even if power director isnt loaded into memory. Has anyone else encountered this? Any ideas on how to fix it?

Thanks so much
Hi guys,

I would like to ask for your tips on how to transfer element such as titles or entire opening/closing sequences from one video to another.

It goes like this... I finished around 4 instructional videos. I want them to all have the same intro and ending and titling effects. Now I finished them already and then decided to make improvements on the 1st one. I edited its title screen. Now I dont want to repeat the same procedure i did on the other 3 videos. how do we simply copy the title and ending screens to the other videos without messing them up?

I tried "Inserting Project" command and it works, but it pushes the contents of one project all the way to the end when I insert something. So in the end, I have to readjust so many things. Is there an easier way to do this? I mean like if I just import a few tracks and they get dropped off exactly at the same timeline area as the next project?

Thanks so much for this.
How do we reduce the frames per second? Will reducing this change the file size? (I want the size smaller). Thanks
Quote I have finally relented and simply buy the packs I feel I want, they are reasonably priced when on sale.

We can buy the packs? How do we know what is included in the packs? I mean, can we preview the contents or something?
Go to: