Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Audio Sync moves ALL video clips to different tracks
Kyle 40
Contributor Location: Cumbria Joined: Sep 06, 2013 14:14 Messages: 467 Offline
[Post New]
While trying to answer a Cubby House question about using the Audio Sync option, I found something which I also can't answer

I sometimes use 2 video cameras for recording artist demonstrations for my local art club. With one camera (camera 2) in a locked off position is left to record the whole demonstration. The main camera (camera 1) while used to record the demo is also connected to a video projector to show the watching crowd what is happening. Once finished and with the artists permission I make a short video. The locked off camera, camera 2 is not switched off, while I try to record everything with camera 1 ( my camera) I sometimes don't record off topic chat, and maybe catch a few cutaways.

Heres the intriguing part After starting a new project in PD 13 I select all the video clips in the media room and drop them in the timeline. Once all the video clips are in the timeline I highlight them then use the Sync By Audio option that appears above the timeline. Then as if by magic all the video clips appear in unison. But, EVERY clip is on a separate track! When I have stopped and started recording on the main camera, each video clip has been placed on a separate track!
It also appears that the longest video clip from any camera is only 23 minutes in duration even though camera 2 has been left on record for over 1 hour.

This project ended up on 24 tracks which I then had to move to just 2 tracks.
IS there a different way around this "intriguing" situation

Cheers

[Thumb - 1-PD sync track-001.jpg]
 Filename
1-PD sync track-001.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Audio Sync causing split tracks
 Filesize
60 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
100 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 17. 2015 11:46

I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.
Charles Edward [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 20, 2015 10:17 Messages: 45 Offline
[Post New]
I am experienceing the same problem with Powerdirector 16. How do we fix this?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 19. 2019 19:21

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I am experienceing the same problem with Powerdirector 16. How do we fix this?

There is nothing to "fix" because that's how PD is designed to work. This post may give you some insight into the reason why it does this, and some ideas for working with the synced content once it's been placed on the extra tracks.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°