Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power Director 15: Action Camera Center and Tools disapears anyone?
[Post New]
Power Director 15: Action Camera Center and Tools disapears anyone? After a couple of edits, tools are not there anymore starting with Action Camera Center then other tools. I have to create new doc then import project to continue...undecided
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Fluke797 -

The Tools button, with the dropdown menu containing Power Tools, Action Camera Center etc, will only appear when you have a single clip selected. When nothing or multiple clips are selected, it's not there.

Are you finding it disappears when you have a single clip selected? I haven't seen that myself (yet).

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]
It was disabled even with a clip selected in the timeline
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
I shudder to suggest it, but this may be the re-emergence of an issue in some previous versions of PDR.

Next time your tools disappear with a clip selected, try unlinking the audio/video for that clip... & check whether that causes the button to become active again. If so, it needs to be reported to CL.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
Please provide a screenshot of your observation. Use Print Screen SysRq keyboard button to capture all the information. See Guide Parts E & F. https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/49531.page

I have attached a couple of images to show the difference between a video clip and a still image, on my system.

Dafydd

[Thumb - SD-2016-09-001.png]
 Filename
SD-2016-09-001.png
[Disk]
 Description
video
 Filesize
19 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
220 time(s)
[Thumb - SD-2016-09-002.png]
 Filename
SD-2016-09-002.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
23 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
203 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sep 18. 2016 13:30

Charles Edward [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 20, 2015 10:17 Messages: 45 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi,
Please provide a screenshot of your observation. Use Print Screen SysRq keyboard button to capture all the information. See Guide Parts E & F. https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/49531.page

I have attached a couple of images to show the difference between a video clip and a still image, on my system.

Dafydd

I notice the same problem, and Im using PD 16. When I select an image, action camera disappears. When I select a video clip, it is there. What I did was create a video clip out of the still image by producing it in a new project. When I placed it back as a video clip, the action camera tool came back.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 20. 2018 06:35