Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
install issue in Application Manager
Rob33 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 10, 2019 17:38 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Something strange is happening with the Cyberlink Application Manager. I installed 2 effect packs that were marked "install". After the installation procedure was complete, I restarted the application manager and the 2 installed packs were again marked "install" !!! I have attached the screenshots. I am using Powerdirector 365.
[Thumb - After installing 01.jpg]
 Filename
After installing 01.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
47 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
5 time(s)
[Thumb - After installing 02 after checking in app manager.jpg]
 Filename
After installing 02 after checking in app manager.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
48 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
6 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 06. 2023 09:00

Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
I am a 365 user too. I have just now tested this:

I downloaded both packs and installed them using AM
After closing and opening AM again, pack 2 is shown correctly as installed, pack 1 is shows incorrectly as to be installed.
I have checked the presence of the packs on my disk: c:\program files\cyberlink\templates
and both packs are there.
I have checked (a number not all) features and they are available in PD.
I have also checked windows installed apps, both packs are listered there too.

Suggest to check the presence and the installation mentioned above. And inform CL customer support about what you have seen.
I seems some detection flaw in the AM to me.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 06. 2023 09:51

Koen41 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Feb 15, 2016 09:05 Messages: 63 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I am a 365 user too. I have just now tested this:

I downloaded both packs and installed them using AM
After closing and opening AM again, pack 2 is shown correctly as installed, pack 1 is shows incorrectly as to be installed.
I have checked the presence of the packs on my disk: c:\program files\cyberlink\templates
and both packs are there.
I have checked (a number not all) features and they are available in PD.
I have also checked windows installed apps, both packs are listered there too.

Suggest to check the presence and the installation mentioned above. And inform CL customer support about what you have seen.
I seems some detection flaw in the AM to me.

I had the same findings in AM but the effect packs are installed in c:\program files\cyberlink\templates