Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote And you don't lose any of the video on the clip??

Yes, I see what you were saying now, so yes you do lose some of the video, but I was ok with it, I just wanted a moment of it in slow motion without shifting the entire movie.
Quote In a nutshell, Slowed or sped up video will always change the length of the clip on the timeline. You cant put a quart in a pint pot so you need a bigger pot.

Not true, I just did it. Lock the video and audio you don't want moved, move the clip to be edited down to line 3 for example, add slow motion, crop it back to 5 seconds, unlock video and audio lines 1, reinsert clip, bam you have a 5 second clip that is now .50 speed, nothing gets jumbled up.

I'll update my post in case someone else has the same problem.
EDIT: I found the solution: Lock the video and audio line you don't want moved, move the target clip to be edited down to an unused line, line 3 for example, add slow motion, drag/crop it back to the original length, unlock video and audio lines 1, reinsert clip, bam you have a 5 second clip that is now .50 speed, nothing gets jumbled up.

I have a video set to music, audio is unlinked and separate.

I take a short 5 second clip out of the main video timeline and drag it down to an unused video line and add power tools/slow motion and it shifts the whole video in line 1 to the right, causing it get out of the carefully laid sync with the music below, even creating gaps in the music where there were none before.

I want to take a clip of 5 seconds, slow motion it to 10 seconds and then I will crop the length back to 5 seconds and insert it back where it was.

The funny thing is, I've added slow motion to a clip before and it did not move the rest of the clips, I don't know how and I didn't think anything of it because I thought that was normal.

Now for some reason I cannot add a speed change to a clip and have that change be self-contained to that clip.

Did I change some setting somewhere?

Any help is much appreciated.

I have PD 12 btw.

In the photo here the highlighted clip is the one I want to slow down to .50, then drag/crop back to the right length for the gap without moving anything else.

UPDATE: I can produce an AVHC video using the exact same project that doesn't work when in MP4, even though I have 15 sitting right here in MP4 from the same file sources.

I am updated to the latest version of the POS.
"Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file."

I literally made 3 videos from the same stock footage, same file types all, some exact production settings all, went to make the 4th and I get this.

I had saved the project as I always do, project plays fine in editing. I closed it, reopened it, tried to produce with exact same setting as the 3 videos today and the 12 prior this week.

Again, why did I ever choose PD. The last time I had a problem (with FPS conflict) I got 3 different 'solutions' from the forums and none of them worked.

I had to email support and wait 2 days and finally got the fix, reposted here so hopefully the next person won't have this problem.

When I spent the #60 on this POS however it wasn't become familiar with the technical help forum. FML.

This program is so delicate it's mind numbing.

I just produced 3 videos, all of the same type, same output, no problems whatsoever.

I decided to change the output folder to my desktop, that's all I did.

Now I get an mp4 file that looks different from the previous ones with no Windows Media Player thumbnail preview and it will only open in Quicktime and it has the audio but no video.

The project is still open in my editor, it plays fine.

I switched the output folder back to the original one, same problem.

3 videos today all the same as the 12 I've done this week, now once again PD screws up.

Please tell me this is another common bug that there is a fix for.
So if 59.94 is the most common FPS setting, then what is PD attempting to achieve here?
Pepsi man, thank you for your responses again, essentially what you had shown me to do was another way of doing what tech support let me in on about their cryptic controls.

Creating a 'profile' is indeed the way to do it, but unfortunately it has to be done each time one goes to produce a video.

You would think that they could have released a patch that adds the 59.94 and the one for the 30fps issue, into the dropdown menu under settings on the main screen.

But that would be easy wouldn't Cyberlink?
A very poorly written and wordy response to say the least, so in other words

Go to produce tab
Click the +
There, under video, you can adjust the FPS from 60 to 59.94
Save it as a custom profile
Produce your movie

A complicated hidden fix to something that should be able to be adjusted PRIOR to editing and producing.

And no it doesn't remember this setting, you must do it each time.
I don't feel like anyone is obliged to help me and I said thanks 3 or 4 times for just responding.

Where was I rude to anyone here? I was rude talking about Cyberlink, but not any of it's users. Reread.

I did get a response back from tech help, here it is:

I understand your concern related with the TV conflict error message in PowerDirector 12 software.

Regarding your concern, I would like to inform you that this message occur if the format(NTSC/PAL) of imported video is differ then the TV Format setting in PowerDirector.

Please note that you can ignore this message, as it is not an error as this is just a indication provided to the user, that he/she is importing a video with different frame rate. If you don't want this message to be displayed, you may disable it from the preferences under confirmation tab.

Now, import the video and produce the video in H.264 by following the steps to create custom settings :

You can click on "+" symbol on Porduce tab, after selecting H.264 format, to create a custom profile and adjust settings. It does not have option to set Color Space and Key Frame. You can set Resolution, Frame rate, Frame Type, Profile type, Entropy coding, Rate Control (Average bitrate, Speed/quality indicator, Audio compression, Audio channel, Audio compression rate.

I am getting this message, and ignoring like suggested would not be a problem, except that the final product is a clipping, jerking mess.

System:
GTX 780 3GB
i7-4770k @3.5GHZ
16GB RAM
1TB SSD

PD 12, v3403

THIS IS A BUG AND NEEDS TO BE FIXED BY CYBERLINK.

I mean look at this thread, look at it...

...it's ridiculous that there is this much technical mumbo jumbo back and forth about a problem that exists in no other video editing software, even basic free ones. This thread should not exist and the people posting in it never should have wasted their valuable time posting and writing in it, this problem is a blatant case of the developers being lazy and not caring about their product.

I think there are two things going on here:
1. The developers don't give a rat's ass about this or any other problem, they got their money from you, 'see you later sucker'
2. The people on these forums, while friendly and knowledgeable, are far too close to the technical minutia trees to see the outline of the functional forest, which is, no one should have to dive into advanced tweaking and problem solving immediately after buying a brand new video editor.

Like I said I have 16GB Ram...

System:
GTX 780 3GB
i7-4770k @3.5GHZ
16GB RAM
1TB SSD

The problem is not in my system, it's in this poorly designed and supported program that requires hocus pocus, jack leg work arounds and hours of internet searching and posting to ultimately find a 'solution' that does not work, to a problem that does not exist in any of the other video editing software on the market .

I should have researched further and not been swayed by someone (a person on another forum) who loves jacking, hacking, modding and duct taping things to get them to work. He figured I would enjoy that too, I don't.

But thanks anyway.
Thanks, I appreciate the responses, I will have a go at your tutorial this weekend.

I just so happen to have exactly 16GB Ram and a 3GB GPU, but, wow, simply wow, are you suggesting that if I still had my 4GB of Ram and my 1GB GPU that I would be unable to produce 60FPS videos with PD?? What have I purchased myself into here?

And not just 60FPS videos, I get a message when I try to do 30 FPS videos.

This is like buying a CD player that claims to be one of the best out there and you take a normal CD that plays fine in a Walmart special or a Kmart Kenwood, but then in your new super awesome Cd player it gives you a 'your CD doesn't match blah blah blah, skip skip skip" and there is no response to the issue on part of the manufacturer and instead they send you constant emails wanting you to upgrade to the newest model for $70.

What is[i] the Cyberlink official response to this problem? (I'm still waiting on technical support but not holding my breath)
Here's what is going on

http://youtu.be/dQHi85zYeO8
Yeah, it's still giving me the message.
I changed it yesterday not really knowing what it did, but left it like that. I restarted it about an hour ago and when I read the replies I checked it and it is still set to No, but I will restart it again.

Thanks for the responses, however I do have it set to 'No' and am still getting the message.

I've tried it with AVI and MP4 files, both recorded by the full version of Action, it's a standard 1920x1080, 60FPS, 16:9 ratio file.

You know what's even more screwed up, I see by googling this has been an issue for quite some time and I just updated to the latest version for 12 manually (even though I had selected to get updates automatically) and they did not address this problem.
How does the old free version of windows movie maker do a better job at making videos that this overpriced POS?
I cannot win for f'ing losing.

I thought I did my research before dropping money on an editing program I have managed to select the most assed up one out there. The ONLY editing software that causes skipping because of a bug that Cyberlink refuses to address.

I have video clips that are 60fps, my general preferences is set to 60 fps and when I drag them into the timeline I get this asinine message:
"The frame rate of the clip you just added to the workspace (60 FPS) does not match the project's timeline frame rate set in General preferences (59.94 FPS). this may reduce the smoothness of the video, so it is highly recommended that you either change the project's frame rate or only use clips with the same frame rate as the project."

Somebody please tell me this is f'ing joke and there is a solution to this. Please.

I ignore the message and produce my videos and they skip and jerk. Outstanding Cyberlink, outstanding.

I'm sorry fellow PD users, this anger is at the developers who have displayed complete incompetence here.

It says '60 fps' in the file details. It is an AVI file. Also it is PowerDirector that is telling me that my file is 60 FPs and that it does not match the framerate of the project, 59.94.

So let's say it is not exactly 60 FPs, what would it be? I don't know how to find out what it is if the file details say that's what it is and PowerDirector says it is that as well. What do I set my project at to not incur the reduced smoothness?

I'm a little frustrated at the moment, it is also not playing the audio of these files, even thought the audio is played when opened with other programs.

I bought this program today because it got a great review on Toms Hardware, even better than other more expensive programs, which I was prepared to pay for.

NOT impressed so far.

Edit: Let me add that the program freezes and has to be closed with task manager when I simply take a snapshot of a video playing. It get to 'importing media...100%' even though I don't try to import media, I just click the little camera button to take a snapshot.
I've spent 3x as much time on this forum today searching for fixes than I have in the actual program.
Go to: