Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
General preferences frame rate IS NOT 59.94!!!!!!!!!! It's 60!!!!
tarzan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 16, 2014 23:00 Messages: 22 Offline
[Post New]
I cannot win for f'ing losing.

I thought I did my research before dropping money on an editing program I have managed to select the most assed up one out there. The ONLY editing software that causes skipping because of a bug that Cyberlink refuses to address.

I have video clips that are 60fps, my general preferences is set to 60 fps and when I drag them into the timeline I get this asinine message:
"The frame rate of the clip you just added to the workspace (60 FPS) does not match the project's timeline frame rate set in General preferences (59.94 FPS). this may reduce the smoothness of the video, so it is highly recommended that you either change the project's frame rate or only use clips with the same frame rate as the project."

Somebody please tell me this is f'ing joke and there is a solution to this. Please.

I ignore the message and produce my videos and they skip and jerk. Outstanding Cyberlink, outstanding.

I'm sorry fellow PD users, this anger is at the developers who have displayed complete incompetence here.

tarzan [Avatar]
[Post New]
You know what's even more screwed up, I see by googling this has been an issue for quite some time and I just updated to the latest version for 12 manually (even though I had selected to get updates automatically) and they did not address this problem.
How does the old free version of windows movie maker do a better job at making videos that this overpriced POS?
cuartetto [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Jan 28, 2011 20:22 Messages: 168 Offline
[Post New]
Turn "drop frame" to "no".

Drop frame is not used in digital.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 05. 2014 22:51

Richmond Dan
Senior Contributor Location: Richmond, VA Joined: Aug 07, 2014 17:17 Messages: 673 Offline
[Post New]
With drop frame at "Yes", your preference is 59.94, not 60. With "No", it will be 60. Regards,
Dan
Power Director 21-Ultimate
v 21.0.3111.0
XPS-8940, Win-10 64-bit,
Intel Core i9-10900 processor
(10 core, 20M Cache),
32GB DDR4 RAM, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVME SSD, 2TB 7200 RPM SATA HDD,
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB GDDR6
tarzan [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the responses, however I do have it set to 'No' and am still getting the message.

I've tried it with AVI and MP4 files, both recorded by the full version of Action, it's a standard 1920x1080, 60FPS, 16:9 ratio file.

cuartetto [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Jan 28, 2011 20:22 Messages: 168 Offline
[Post New]
Did you re-start PD after changing the preferences?

It's set to yes in your screen shot.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 06. 2014 20:19

tarzan [Avatar]
[Post New]
I changed it yesterday not really knowing what it did, but left it like that. I restarted it about an hour ago and when I read the replies I checked it and it is still set to No, but I will restart it again.

tarzan [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yeah, it's still giving me the message.
tarzan [Avatar]
[Post New]
Here's what is going on

http://youtu.be/dQHi85zYeO8
PepsiMan
Senior Contributor Location: Clarksville, TN Joined: Dec 29, 2010 01:20 Messages: 1054 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Here's what is going on

http://youtu.be/dQHi85zYeO8

well, I am a computer science major drop-out so no one listens to me.
anyway, some think it's a bug but try this!

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/41265.page;jsessionid=81B5537B1767C14787940E8AD3AA8D53
(don't bother, I'll re-upload...)

yeah, one that says PepsiMan!

p.s.
I made it with CamStudio. it's free.
merry Christmas.
 Filename
20141118_1456_11.mp4
[Disk]
 Description
uncheck Confirmation in Preference
 Filesize
534 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
318 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 06. 2014 22:01

'no bridge too far'

Yashica Electro 8 LD-6 Super 8mm
Asrock TaiChi X470, AMD R7 2700X, W7P 64, MSI GTX1060 6GB, Corsair 16GB/RAM
Dell XPS L702X i7-2860QM, W7P / W10P 64, Intel HD3000/nVidia GT 550M 1GB, Micron 16GB/RAM
Samsung Galaxy Note3/NX1
PepsiMan
Senior Contributor Location: Clarksville, TN Joined: Dec 29, 2010 01:20 Messages: 1054 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:

I ignore the message and produce my videos and they skip and jerk.

once you got rid of that annoying message, let's work on this.
ensure you have 12 to 16GB system RAM & 1GB GPU mem, then
experiment by creating your own PROFILE.INI

you don't have to use preset profiles provided by CyberLink.
you can create profiles and modify to your hearts desire.
how far do I stretch it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bNP3NNgc3A

it works.
in the PRODUCE section, choose file container you want the final video to be.
then click on the +(plus), that'll create your custom profile...
including 59.94FPS, my bad, I mean 60FPS videos.

ensure you have 12 to 16GB system RAM & 1GB GPU memory.

merry Christmas.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 07. 2014 00:53

'no bridge too far'

Dell XPS L702X i7-2860QM, W7P / W10P 64, Intel HD3000/nVidia GT 550M 1GB, Micron 16GB/RAM
Samsung Galaxy Note3/NX1
PepsiMan
[Post New]
Quote:
How does the old free version of windows movie maker do a better job at making videos that this overpriced

been there and done that; however, when I purchased and used PowerDirector 8 Ultra, I didn't look back...
powerdirector gives you a room to maneuver.
all I do is cut, dice and splice like I used to do with Super 8mm film...

if you saw my video about PD10 ultra then you know what I'm talking about.
PD10 wasn't made for editing and rendering 4K... but I did.

you're right you do get what you paid for and powerdirector isn't perfect without any flaws.

oh yeah, welcome to our forum.
Tarzan, King of the Jungle!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 07. 2014 00:56

'no bridge too far'

Samsung Galaxy Note3/NX1
tarzan [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks, I appreciate the responses, I will have a go at your tutorial this weekend.

I just so happen to have exactly 16GB Ram and a 3GB GPU, but, wow, simply wow, are you suggesting that if I still had my 4GB of Ram and my 1GB GPU that I would be unable to produce 60FPS videos with PD?? What have I purchased myself into here?

And not just 60FPS videos, I get a message when I try to do 30 FPS videos.

This is like buying a CD player that claims to be one of the best out there and you take a normal CD that plays fine in a Walmart special or a Kmart Kenwood, but then in your new super awesome Cd player it gives you a 'your CD doesn't match blah blah blah, skip skip skip" and there is no response to the issue on part of the manufacturer and instead they send you constant emails wanting you to upgrade to the newest model for $70.

What is[i] the Cyberlink official response to this problem? (I'm still waiting on technical support but not holding my breath)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 07. 2014 01:37

PepsiMan
[Post New]
Quote: if I still had my 4GB of Ram and my 1GB GPU that I would be unable to produce 60FPS videos

there is PC requirements PD has posted on its website. 3GB min system RAM for 32 bit OS and 6GB min for 64 bit OS
and the 4K video production as well...

we're here to help each other on the rendering the final video that one wishes to produce.
we share a work around until the next patch... meanwhile it's good to contact the support if it hasn't been
addressed in this forum.

make sure you patch to build 3403 and your video, audio, divx and quicktime drivers are up to date. empty TEMP files.
make sure there isn't any programs running that hugs the system resources away from the PD!

even though you have min RAM, that doesn't guarantee smooth sailing.
you can try producing SHADOW files to edit and render HD files to avoid, skip, hop, jerk and pause...

when you watch my video, PD was producing FHD I had enough resources system RAM, video MEM, etc.
but at the end of the session on the producing 4K, you'll note on the far right corner, it says RENDERING 100%...
that'll cause to skip, jump, jerk, etc.
my comp didn't have enough resources to produce 4K let alone was meant to...

I don't have any of that(Rendering) now because I have 16 GB RAM in both desktop and laptop.

don't waste time why?
get going and produce that masterpiece!
final production profile is IT! 'no bridge too far'

Samsung Galaxy Note3/NX1
tarzan [Avatar]
[Post New]
Like I said I have 16GB Ram...

System:
GTX 780 3GB
i7-4770k @3.5GHZ
16GB RAM
1TB SSD

The problem is not in my system, it's in this poorly designed and supported program that requires hocus pocus, jack leg work arounds and hours of internet searching and posting to ultimately find a 'solution' that does not work, to a problem that does not exist in any of the other video editing software on the market .

I should have researched further and not been swayed by someone (a person on another forum) who loves jacking, hacking, modding and duct taping things to get them to work. He figured I would enjoy that too, I don't.

But thanks anyway.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 07. 2014 17:06

PepsiMan
[Post New]
Quote: Like I said I have 16GB Ram...

System:
GTX 780 3GB
i7-4770k @3.5GHZ
16GB RAM
1TB SSD

The problem is not in my system, it's in this poorly designed and supported program that requires hocus pocus, jack leg work arounds and hours of internet searching and posting to ultimately find a 'solution' that does not work, to a problem that does not exist in any of the other video editing software on the market .

I should have researched further and not been swayed by someone (a person on another forum) who loves jacking, hacking, modding and duct taping things to get them to work. He figured I would enjoy that too, I don't.

But thanks anyway.

I think I know why?
what is your final file container output profile?
I saw the YT video again and answer is I think you're stretching it too much!
source file is only 6.8 + Mb/sec @60FPS!!!

if you stretch that to a 28Mb/sec @60FPS then there is your problem and answer!

we never give up.
what do you think?
kick it back(a CB talk). 'no bridge too far'

Samsung Galaxy Note3/NX1
[Post New]
tarzan, all I can say is that your attitude is very rude.
Nobody here or on other forums is obliged to help you, we are a group of users, like you. We don't owe you anything.
BTW, 60fps NTSC means exactly 60 x 1000/1001 = 59.94 Hz. Is not exactly 60FPS. Never, ever...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NTSC#Lines_and_refresh_rate

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Dec 07. 2014 18:40

tarzan [Avatar]
[Post New]
I don't feel like anyone is obliged to help me and I said thanks 3 or 4 times for just responding.

Where was I rude to anyone here? I was rude talking about Cyberlink, but not any of it's users. Reread.

I did get a response back from tech help, here it is:

I understand your concern related with the TV conflict error message in PowerDirector 12 software.

Regarding your concern, I would like to inform you that this message occur if the format(NTSC/PAL) of imported video is differ then the TV Format setting in PowerDirector.

Please note that you can ignore this message, as it is not an error as this is just a indication provided to the user, that he/she is importing a video with different frame rate. If you don't want this message to be displayed, you may disable it from the preferences under confirmation tab.

Now, import the video and produce the video in H.264 by following the steps to create custom settings :

You can click on "+" symbol on Porduce tab, after selecting H.264 format, to create a custom profile and adjust settings. It does not have option to set Color Space and Key Frame. You can set Resolution, Frame rate, Frame Type, Profile type, Entropy coding, Rate Control (Average bitrate, Speed/quality indicator, Audio compression, Audio channel, Audio compression rate.

tarzan [Avatar]
[Post New]
A very poorly written and wordy response to say the least, so in other words

Go to produce tab
Click the +
There, under video, you can adjust the FPS from 60 to 59.94
Save it as a custom profile
Produce your movie

A complicated hidden fix to something that should be able to be adjusted PRIOR to editing and producing.

And no it doesn't remember this setting, you must do it each time.
tarzan [Avatar]
[Post New]
Pepsi man, thank you for your responses again, essentially what you had shown me to do was another way of doing what tech support let me in on about their cryptic controls.

Creating a 'profile' is indeed the way to do it, but unfortunately it has to be done each time one goes to produce a video.

You would think that they could have released a patch that adds the 59.94 and the one for the 30fps issue, into the dropdown menu under settings on the main screen.

But that would be easy wouldn't Cyberlink?