Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I get a warning that the clip (60 FPS) does not match the project's setting of 59.94
tarzan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 16, 2014 23:00 Messages: 22 Offline
[Post New]
Why is this?
I changed the project setting to 60 FPS, but it's not and tells me this may reduce smoothness of the video and that it "highly recommends" that I change one or the other. All the files I will be working with are captured in true 60 FPS.

I just bought this product today for $50, this is not what I was expecting to find the second I try it.

One other question, I see tons of flashy graphics for 12 year olds and the like, is there anything to add arrows and circles similar to powerpoint, for a more professional presentation? No, drawing them with the brush option is not what I'm looking for.

I did search the forum before asking these questions, didn't see any answers.

I appreciate all replies, thanks.
GGRussell [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Jan 08, 2012 11:38 Messages: 709 Offline
[Post New]
I have a $1500 Sony 3D camcorder that has a 60p setting, but it really records at 59.94fps. Try using Media Info on the captured files to see what the real frame rate is. Personally, I have never seen a 'true' 60fps video file. Intel i7 4770k, 16GB, GTX1060 3GB, Two 240GB SSD, 4TB HD, Sony HDR-TD20V 3D camcorder, Sony SLT-A65VK for still images, Windows 10 Pro, 64bit
Gary Russell -- TN USA
tarzan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 16, 2014 23:00 Messages: 22 Offline
[Post New]
It says '60 fps' in the file details. It is an AVI file. Also it is PowerDirector that is telling me that my file is 60 FPs and that it does not match the framerate of the project, 59.94.

So let's say it is not exactly 60 FPs, what would it be? I don't know how to find out what it is if the file details say that's what it is and PowerDirector says it is that as well. What do I set my project at to not incur the reduced smoothness?

I'm a little frustrated at the moment, it is also not playing the audio of these files, even thought the audio is played when opened with other programs.

I bought this program today because it got a great review on Toms Hardware, even better than other more expensive programs, which I was prepared to pay for.

NOT impressed so far.

Edit: Let me add that the program freezes and has to be closed with task manager when I simply take a snapshot of a video playing. It get to 'importing media...100%' even though I don't try to import media, I just click the little camera button to take a snapshot.
I've spent 3x as much time on this forum today searching for fixes than I have in the actual program.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 17. 2014 00:31

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi no name contributor,
Posts with no name are removed, please edit your profile and then post again.
Dafydd
Forum Moderator
GGRussell [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Jan 08, 2012 11:38 Messages: 709 Offline
[Post New]
You can dowload a shareware app called 'Media Info' which will give you all kinds of info about the file. Get it directly from Sourceforge. Other sites may not be reliable.

You posted the files are captured. From what and how? Intel i7 4770k, 16GB, GTX1060 3GB, Two 240GB SSD, 4TB HD, Sony HDR-TD20V 3D camcorder, Sony SLT-A65VK for still images, Windows 10 Pro, 64bit
Gary Russell -- TN USA
Kevinv64 [Avatar]
Member Location: Upper Midwest Joined: Jun 28, 2012 05:41 Messages: 106 Offline
[Post New]
Tarzan,
Since you have read positive things about PowerDirector, you might consider that at least some of the issues you are having are on your end and not the fault of PD. Taking a snapshot, for example, does not bring most of our computers to their knees.

Go to the following page:

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/29701.page

Look for the information on how to provide a diagnostic file. This will give the members here the ability to look for any possible deficiencies in your equipment.

Kevin