Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Was producing MP4 fine (15 of them), now all I get is a file with no video, same settings
tarzan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 16, 2014 23:00 Messages: 22 Offline
[Post New]
This program is so delicate it's mind numbing.

I just produced 3 videos, all of the same type, same output, no problems whatsoever.

I decided to change the output folder to my desktop, that's all I did.

Now I get an mp4 file that looks different from the previous ones with no Windows Media Player thumbnail preview and it will only open in Quicktime and it has the audio but no video.

The project is still open in my editor, it plays fine.

I switched the output folder back to the original one, same problem.

3 videos today all the same as the 12 I've done this week, now once again PD screws up.

Please tell me this is another common bug that there is a fix for.
tarzan [Avatar]
[Post New]
"Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file."

I literally made 3 videos from the same stock footage, same file types all, some exact production settings all, went to make the 4th and I get this.

I had saved the project as I always do, project plays fine in editing. I closed it, reopened it, tried to produce with exact same setting as the 3 videos today and the 12 prior this week.

Again, why did I ever choose PD. The last time I had a problem (with FPS conflict) I got 3 different 'solutions' from the forums and none of them worked.

I had to email support and wait 2 days and finally got the fix, reposted here so hopefully the next person won't have this problem.

When I spent the #60 on this POS however it wasn't become familiar with the technical help forum. FML.

tarzan [Avatar]
[Post New]
UPDATE: I can produce an AVHC video using the exact same project that doesn't work when in MP4, even though I have 15 sitting right here in MP4 from the same file sources.

I am updated to the latest version of the POS.
lunasiatica111 [Avatar]
Member Location: Swizterland Joined: Jul 23, 2014 16:04 Messages: 93 Offline
[Post New]
I just read your post with attention because also I have trouble with editing 4K with PD12.
I used PD12 since some months only and my husband bought theK video (Sony ax100) and so he tryed it and I edited 5 minutes film.
As you when play it only audio and no video!

As adviced I waited that all yellow icone above the files I download from the Sony AX100 became green.
Then could easy work on the project, add music file (download from youtube in MP3) and , add titles and decide at least to produce this 5 miuntes project. (when the icone were still yellow and so not created the shadow file when editing some files jumped, or stoped during editing)

I decided to make a file on desktop (as usual i do in order after to make by example dvd) decided to produce in MPEG4 and choose MPEG4 4096x2160, the file after around 15 minuts appear on the desktop but surprise the icone show not a picture but a music note (!?) and when I play only audio but not the video!!!????????
I tried also with MPEG4 3840x2160 and it’s the same!!!??? Can heard only the song but impossibile to see the video, the file open with quick time player, or window player have same result: only audio??!!
(Both file are for 5 minutes video 1.56GB)

So what I did wrong?????

Like you if I play the edit film created inside the library all play fine… but I need a file on desktop as I need the file to see it on computer, to make dvd blue ray, file on USB key… not so send only throught PD12 to you tube!

I also wait that the yellow icone on the produced film inside the library became green hopping that was the problem because the shadow file wasn’t created, but nothing changed on the file on the desktop, only audio, no video!!

Well I am desperate!

Hope you can help

lunasiatica111 [Avatar]
[Post New]
well I can open the film produced with VLC. I tried to update wind won media player and quick time but both were okay and in any case impossible to open the file with them as you only audio!
PepsiMan
Senior Contributor Location: Clarksville, TN Joined: Dec 29, 2010 01:20 Messages: 1054 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: UPDATE: I can produce an AVHC video using the exact same project that doesn't work when in MP4, even though I have 15 sitting right here in MP4 from the same file sources.

I am updated to the latest version of the POS.

it's no fun getting lost in the jungle. your answer might be here below... :

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/41076.page

I use MPC-HC and FFDShow codecs.
regards. 'no bridge too far'

Yashica Electro 8 LD-6 Super 8mm
Asrock TaiChi X470, AMD R7 2700X, W7P 64, MSI GTX1060 6GB, Corsair 16GB/RAM
Dell XPS L702X i7-2860QM, W7P / W10P 64, Intel HD3000/nVidia GT 550M 1GB, Micron 16GB/RAM
Samsung Galaxy Note3/NX1
lunasiatica111 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi

here our last film in 4K!! about Venice carnival….

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkNwqkJ7ZmY

hope you will enjoy it!
you can see the opening carnival when the girl is hanged above the main place in venice

also for 5 minutes one girl explain about venetian masks and make a small demonstration about Pantalone who eat to much bean and have some trouble and duty his trousers… you can jump it of course as difficult for you to understand all even interesting as all in Italian

it was our 3rd time in venice arrival as we live near Venise (3hours train) and always is soooo magical...