Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi Brian -

I have some news on this issue...

First, I located the "Checkered Racing Flag" video & purchased it. Comparing MediaInfo confirmed it's the exact one you're using.

Here's a screen capture showing it's fully functional in the perpetual version of PDR18, with QT installed.

I'll check how it functions in the 365 version after I install QT on that PC...

Cheers - Tony
Hi Magicbri -

Your observation is spot on, & I believe it needs addressing.

Alpha channel videos are created using different codecs. My observation so far is that:

Alpha videos made with Quicktime RLE codec work correctly in PDR18/365.
Some alpha channel video that use PNG codec work correctly & others don't.
I haven't found a JPEG based alpha video that works as it should.
Those made using ProRes 4444 won't import at all.

There are, no doubt, other types I haven't tested.

I have a pile of transitions from Digital Juice & it's hit & miss whether they work in PDR18/365.

2 things: 1. Do you have Quicktime installed on your new PC? 2. Have a look at the MediaInfo codec information for your checkered flag video & let us know what it says.

Cheers - Tony
I see what you mean now. I hadn't realised you'd made the "shapes" in Shape Designer.

You're right again, though. Custom shapes made in Shape Designer are not available in Motion Tracker.

For now, the only workaround I can think of it to simply make the shape in graphics software. Then it could be imported into Motion Tracker or imported into PiP Designer to save as a regular Video Overlay/PiP Object... then into Motion Tracker.

I agree with your thinking. This appears to be an oversight.

Cheers - Tony
Hi voom -

You're right.

For some reason not ALL custom video overlays are available in Motion Tracker. In the attached screenshot, you'll see there are 15 custom video overlays, but only 13 are available in Motion Tracker.

I haven't worked out... wait... hang on. In my case, it's the 2 Box templates that are missing in MT. I checked in C:\Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector\17.0\MyPinPs & the related folder for 16, 15 etc... and the box templates can't be found (yet).

So - it's got something to do with how you've assigned your PDR Export folder (where those MyPinPs are stored). Those in the default location show up in MT. Those that aren't, don't.

It should be corrected.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Skogman -

I don't know why noone has responded to your question... was it something you said??? laughing

Here's one way around your issue:

1. Create a separate video, that contains your preferred video clip(s) - maybe set in a frame like this example.

2. Produce that video & use it as the background video for your menu (i.e. instead of a picture)

Easy?

Cheers - Tony
Hi Medford Tim -

In theory, you shouldn't need to... unless there's something unusual about your installation. Custom titles (and other templates) should show up in your libraries.

e.g. in my PDR18 titles library, there are dozens of custom templates made in previous versions.

Aren't yours showing up?

Are your previous custom titles stored in C:\Users\UserName\Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector\18.0... or 17.0? That's the default location.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Richard -

I'll just echo what tomasc & optodata have stated...

All the Canon .MTS clips I've dropped into PDR18-365 have had no audio issues at all. These include clips from HF S10, HF G10 (AC3 audio), & XA20 (PCM audio).

It's looking like an issue specific to your PC. The more information you can provide about your PC & the .MTS clips the better.

Cheers - Tony
Simon -

I'm a bit "???" about it too. This thread needs some technical help!

My view (based on not much knowledge) is that the wording of the alert isn't accurate.

On my laptop, which has a few years on it, the Motion Graphic titles all work perfectly. It runs DirectX12 & has Intel HD 4000 integrated graphics & GT 740M.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Simon -

I probably should have checked more thoroughly before I posted embarassed

On one PC, with GTX1080ti, there are no issues with those templates, but I just checked on one of my older machines, with GTX260 & had the same issues you reported.

So - as the alert states - it's down to the GPU. My GTX260 & your 9500 GT (apparently) don't have what it takes. frown

Cheers - Tony
It's good that the issue can be easily replicated & is being lookd at by CL QA.

As was suggested earlier in the thread, pre-rendering the 2.7K 120fps clips before applying stabilisation can correct the problem. In PDR18, I pre-produced to H.265 HEVC 2.7K @120fps (& 60fps) - then applied stabilisation to the pre-rendered clip and all was well.

Jeff - the mogul run immediately after that one wasn't so steady! Both cameras ended up at ground level.

Cheers - Tony
G'day Simon -

You're talking about the Motion Graphic Titles add-on pack, yes?

I can't find any issues with any of those templates here. DX12 here too & I'm not getting any annoying alerts & they all run correctly in timeline & Title Designer.

Can you point to a specific situation/example we could try to replicate?

Cheers - Tony
Hi 858sdguy -

I can confirm what you've reported. This afternoon I stuck the GoPro7 Black onto my grandson's bike helmet, set up to record 2.7K @120fps.

Sure enough, when stabilisation is applied in PDR18, the produced file is visually unrecognisable! Here's a screenshot showing the original clip & the produced file preview. Producing to H.264 or H.265 made no difference, even with custom profiles to match the 119.88 framerate.

I've uploaded the GoPro clip if anyone wishes to test... https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ILXMcVnPOfBtkDOn_NsPifGletgJ5lf5

Cheers - Tony
Hi Ranbir123 -

I've been trying to replicate yor issue, but it's hard to know exactly how you've set up your project, even with the screen shots.

When you say "Blending Effect", do you mean you:

1. selected the video on Track1

2. selected Tools > Blending modes

3. applied on of the modes

4. applied a transition to the overlayed video???

Your screenshots don't indicate that that's the case - just trying to work out what you've done.

Are any other effects or adjustments applied?

Cheers - Tony
That's it Warry! I didn't even think of the extra packs available for 365 users. That explains the difference between 365 & perpetual, in this case at least.

I don't think PDR users who don't have the 5 Action Pack transitions would be feeling too hard-done-by...

Cheers - Tony
Hi Jeff & tomasc -

My numbers don't equate either... to add to the inequality, the 365 version has some extra geometric transtitions that don't appear to exist in the perpetual version of PDR18 (Convergence, DropBox, Stripe Wipe, Tumbling Dice & Zipper). Mind you, I'm not losing too much sleep over it!

Agreed, Jeff, about the cumbersome number of variants which (possibly) could be grouped as happened in previous versions... but they're often different shapes, rather than just directional variation.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers - Tony
Thread continued in PDR18/365 forum - https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/80455.page
Hi all -

This is the sequel to the previous thread about PDR's background music on YouTube.

The most recently released music collection for PDR365 (subscription) is Suspense.

TessTing has tried out the 10 tracks on YouTube & NONE of them were flagged for copyright... hardly surprising, as most of the music is unmelodic & unrecognisable.

Cheers - Tony
Hi brianpk80 -

Here, in PDR18, there are no FX listed named "Rays" or "Edge Rays". There is one called "Light Rays", which is found under the Style tab or All Content.

There are various other related FX, but not under those names.

Cheers - Tony
Hi bcf1ca -

To illustrate tomasc's instructions, here's a short screen capture.

Those freeform handles are a bit fiddly to get under control!

This idea (below) depends very much on the degree of keystoning. I imagine it would be fairly slight if the camera was on your knee. Bridezilla obviously wasn't doing the editing.

Anyway, if you open this packed project, then import your wedding clips, try copying the keyframe attributes from "Keystone.mp4" then paste keyframe attributes to one of your affected clips. It may be too extreme. It may be not enough. Just a thought.

Cheers - Tony
I'm pretty sure forum members have discussed this previously, but I can't put my finger on the thread.

Anyway...

I dropped 10x Skateboard (00;02;39;14 duration) in the timeline & got the following results in render times when produced to 720p @ 5Mbps:

No colour/enhance applied - 8sec (factor of ~0.05 real time)
LUT applied to all - 1min 3sec (factor of ~0.39 real time)
Colour preset applied to all - 5min 41sec (341sec) (factor of ~2.13 real time)

I know we were discussing LUTs, not presets, but everything's relative, eh? Rendering using colour presets is ~5-6x slower than rendering with LUTs.

Cheers - Tony

Oops! Had to edit because I'd only used 5x Skateboard at first. embarassed
It's a fair question, Jeff, but I have no explanation for it.

The bars on the volume meter are definitely assigned to each separate channel, easily seen using the 5.1 channel placement .wav that was going to be attached, till I remembered how fussy the forum is about attachments.

To me, it looks like an oversight. Even though there's no functionality difference between audio only tracks and the regular audio component tracks, a user would expect the meters to function in both.

... and it's difficult to see the usefulness of a frozen meter! undecided

Cheers - Tony
Go to: