Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD 18 Transitions going bonkers..need help
Ranbir123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 11, 2019 07:44 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Hi everyone,

I updated from PD 17 to PD 18 and all my transitions are totally messed up in old and now new projects. For example. If track one has one video as a background and then on track two i put a video using the blend mode options.Then during the transition time on the videos on track two the blending effect suddenly goes.Its better explained in the 3 attachments with before , during transition ,after..This is all in a new project while it happens in the old PD 17 projects also in this PD 18 version

Thanks for your help

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700k CPU@4.20GHz
Installed Ram 16Gb
64-bit bit operating system x64 based processor
graphics card AMD radeon HD 7400 series
[Thumb - After.jpg]
 Filename
After.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
after transition
 Filesize
173 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
13 time(s)
[Thumb - Before.jpg]
 Filename
Before.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Before Transition
 Filesize
173 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
9 time(s)
[Thumb - During.jpg]
 Filename
During.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
during transition
 Filesize
156 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
9 time(s)
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Ranbir123 -

I've been trying to replicate yor issue, but it's hard to know exactly how you've set up your project, even with the screen shots.

When you say "Blending Effect", do you mean you:

1. selected the video on Track1

2. selected Tools > Blending modes

3. applied on of the modes

4. applied a transition to the overlayed video???

Your screenshots don't indicate that that's the case - just trying to work out what you've done.

Are any other effects or adjustments applied?

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Ranbir123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Tony, I will explain

1/When you say "Blending Effect", do you mean you: selected the video on Track1

The blending mode is on track two and im using overlay to make the track transparent over track one.But soon as the transitions come on track two the overlay effect is gone for the time period of the transition so you no longer see track one.It doesnt matter which effect i use in the blending mode in track two but the transition stops the effect soo all i see is track two till it ends and suddenly the effect and transperancy is back and i can see also track one.

And no other effects are added.

Thanks Ranbir

Quote Hi Ranbir123 -

I've been trying to replicate yor issue, but it's hard to know exactly how you've set up your project, even with the screen shots.

When you say "Blending Effect", do you mean you:

1. selected the video on Track1

2. selected Tools > Blending modes

3. applied on of the modes

4. applied a transition to the overlayed video???

Your screenshots don't indicate that that's the case - just trying to work out what you've done.

Are any other effects or adjustments applied?

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 13. 2019 15:59

Ranbir123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
now im wishing i never updated as all my projects that took ages to do are all now messed up thanks to this latest update.Im probably will have to get someother reliable software if this continues