Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Shapes not available as object for motion tracking
voom [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 04, 2015 09:16 Messages: 22 Offline
[Post New]
I define a shape and store it in the PiP Library under "user defined". Now open the motion tracker and try to add this shape to the motion - I see all shipped overlays and PiP but my self created shapes don't show up. This was especially advertised, to create shapes and use them with motion tracking. What could go wrong here?

Also when adding my own Tags to sort my own creations in, they don't show up in the motion tracker menu either... (the whole tag / folder doesn't)
 Filename
no-shapes.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
170 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Oct 25. 2019 21:33

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi voom -

You're right.

For some reason not ALL custom video overlays are available in Motion Tracker. In the attached screenshot, you'll see there are 15 custom video overlays, but only 13 are available in Motion Tracker.

I haven't worked out... wait... hang on. In my case, it's the 2 Box templates that are missing in MT. I checked in C:\Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector\17.0\MyPinPs & the related folder for 16, 15 etc... and the box templates can't be found (yet).

So - it's got something to do with how you've assigned your PDR Export folder (where those MyPinPs are stored). Those in the default location show up in MT. Those that aren't, don't.

It should be corrected.

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - Video Overlays in MT PDR18.png]
 Filename
Video Overlays in MT PDR18.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
287 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
3 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
voom [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi voom -
You're right.
For some reason not ALL custom video overlays are available in Motion Tracker. In the attached screenshot, you'll see there are 15 custom video overlays, but only 13 are available in Motion Tracker.
I haven't worked out... wait... hang on. In my case, it's the 2 Box templates that are missing in MT. I checked in C:\Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector\17.0\MyPinPs & the related folder for 16, 15 etc... and the box templates can't be found (yet).
So - it's got something to do with how you've assigned your PDR Export folder (where those MyPinPs are stored). Those in the default location show up in MT. Those that aren't, don't.
It should be corrected.
Cheers - Tony

The two shapes this is about are in the default ...\PowerDirector\18.0\MyShapes - Folder.

Though the path is not the regular path on c, because I have all libraries on B under "/Bibliotheken" making it:

b:\Bibliotheken\Dokumente\Cyberlink\PowerDirector\18.0\MyShapes

While that is where Cyberlink put the folders on installation since these are the default library-paths...

So - wait until this is fixed, or is there a workaround?
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
I see what you mean now. I hadn't realised you'd made the "shapes" in Shape Designer.

You're right again, though. Custom shapes made in Shape Designer are not available in Motion Tracker.

For now, the only workaround I can think of it to simply make the shape in graphics software. Then it could be imported into Motion Tracker or imported into PiP Designer to save as a regular Video Overlay/PiP Object... then into Motion Tracker.

I agree with your thinking. This appears to be an oversight.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
voom [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I see what you mean now. I hadn't realised you'd made the "shapes" in Shape Designer.

You're right again, though. Custom shapes made in Shape Designer are not available in Motion Tracker.

For now, the only workaround I can think of it to simply make the shape in graphics software. Then it could be imported into Motion Tracker or imported into PiP Designer to save as a regular Video Overlay/PiP Object... then into Motion Tracker.

I agree with your thinking. This appears to be an oversight.

Cheers - Tony

If these shapes had no advantages over externally created material, they would not be any worthwhile addition to the program. The results are stored in the GUI right with any other PiP object. It is completely counterintuitive to not find them for mt, esp. since using them mit motion tracking makes actual sense...

I opened a ticket with Cyberlink; I hope sth will be done about this - well - probably oversight...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 26. 2019 16:28