Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
need help with PD18 - motion graphics throws error message
ZL4PLM
Newbie Location: Christchurch, New Zealand Joined: Mar 29, 2011 20:00 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
I just updated from PD16 and starting to regret this

I am looking to do more youtube videos and hoped this would be a good upgrade - really not liking it!

Am running a windows 10 with directx12 - 64gb ram and phenom II X4 945

I am having problems with motion graphics - some work and others not

no matter what I do for some they error with some add pop up box about direct x 11 and windows 7 !

I logged this under CS002068114

Other animated text works but some of these wont work at all - if I choose one and enter designer same issue

I tried to uninstall the motion graphics packs with little success

bit frustrated and not sure what else to do ?

Ideas!

ta

Simon
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
75 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
237 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 17. 2019 05:49

BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Welcome to the Forum.
Your thread topic title is not very descriptive.
Could you please provide a dxdiag of your computer, attached as a file, and some of our more astute volunteers may be able to glean something from that. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
ZL4PLM
Newbie Location: Christchurch, New Zealand Joined: Mar 29, 2011 20:00 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Welcome to the Forum.
Your thread topic title is not very descriptive.
Could you please provide a dxdiag of your computer, attached as a file, and some of our more astute volunteers may be able to glean something from that.

thanks Barry - done
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
G'day Simon -

You're talking about the Motion Graphic Titles add-on pack, yes?

I can't find any issues with any of those templates here. DX12 here too & I'm not getting any annoying alerts & they all run correctly in timeline & Title Designer.

Can you point to a specific situation/example we could try to replicate?

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
ZL4PLM
[Post New]
Quote G'day Simon -

You're talking about the Motion Graphic Titles add-on pack, yes?

I can't find any issues with any of those templates here. DX12 here too & I'm not getting any annoying alerts & they all run correctly in timeline & Title Designer.

Can you point to a specific situation/example we could try to replicate?

Cheers - Tony

Hi

yes some of the animated titles work fine and they appear in the preview ok - i add them to the timeline and I can edit them

select one of the motion graphics and they dont preview and then if I add them to the timeline and go to designer then the error pop up about Directx11 and better / windows 7 or better pops up

I tried removing and readding them but without success

as this was the key feature I was after its a bit frustrating

other animated features like arrows and credits all run fine - just this particular pack!
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Simon -

I probably should have checked more thoroughly before I posted embarassed

On one PC, with GTX1080ti, there are no issues with those templates, but I just checked on one of my older machines, with GTX260 & had the same issues you reported.

So - as the alert states - it's down to the GPU. My GTX260 & your 9500 GT (apparently) don't have what it takes. frown

Cheers - Tony
ZL4PLM
[Post New]
Quote Hi Simon -

I probably should have checked more thoroughly before I posted embarassed

On one PC, with GTX1080ti, there are no issues with those templates, but I just checked on one of my older machines, with GTX260 & had the same issues you reported.

So - as the alert states - it's down to the GPU. My GTX260 & your 9500 GT (apparently) don't have what it takes. frown

Cheers - Tony

but it does support directx12 and win10

which is the puzzling thing - so either a spurious error and a defect or its genuine and the graphics card is too old

???
ynotfish
[Post New]
Simon -

I'm a bit "???" about it too. This thread needs some technical help!

My view (based on not much knowledge) is that the wording of the alert isn't accurate.

On my laptop, which has a few years on it, the Motion Graphic titles all work perfectly. It runs DirectX12 & has Intel HD 4000 integrated graphics & GT 740M.

Cheers - Tony
ZL4PLM
[Post New]
Quote Simon -

I'm a bit "???" about it too. This thread needs some technical help!

My view (based on not much knowledge) is that the wording of the alert isn't accurate.

On my laptop, which has a few years on it, the Motion Graphic titles all work perfectly. It runs DirectX12 & has Intel HD 4000 integrated graphics & GT 740M.

Cheers - Tony

ok thanks Tony - I raised a ticket but yet to see any feedback on it

I'd be happy to buy a new card IF that is actually the issue

I was looking a Sapphire Radeon RX550 or 560 and they are pretty cheap - I am not a gamer so its more newer GPU that migfht fix it - but still doesn't solve the puzzling error message

thanks for helping narrow it down - really appreciated!

Am not sure how to get Cyberlink to look at it - or even if they will

I am tempted to get a newer card and see if the problem goes away
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
The GeForce 8/9/GTX 200 series only supports level 10 of DirectX so the note is correct for these two specific platforms, the GTX260 and 9500 GT . The notes for PD18 still state: "DirectX 11 compatible for 360° video editing." as the only need for DirectX 11. So some anomalies like you observe here and the included thread.
https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/80475.page#331003

Jeff
ZL4PLM
[Post New]
Quote The GeForce 8/9/GTX 200 series only supports level 10 of DirectX so the note is correct for these two specific platforms, the GTX260 and 9500 GT . The notes for PD18 still state: "DirectX 11 compatible for 360° video editing." as the only need for DirectX 11. So some anomalies like you observe here and the included thread.
https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/80475.page#331003

Jeff

OK so even though dxdiag says Directx12 is installed - the card only supports directx10

ahhh well thats a problem then

whats mad is the top end video suite trial all ran fine on it

ok - so looks like a new card then - disappointing
ZL4PLM
[Post New]
support confirmed the same

its the GPU age and lack of directx 11 and beyond support

so its a new graphics card to solve it yell

thanks for the info team very handy!
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
As I implied in the other thread, my guess a mistake, the same as CL indicated it was in PD17. Either way, CL obviously have some code and/or specification requirements to clean up as it appears at least two other features have been exposed in PD18 other than 360° video editing that need DirectX11. CL PD18 system specification requirements in the attached pic lists several GPU’s that are not DirectX11 compatible.

Jeff
[Thumb - PD18_GPU.png]
 Filename
PD18_GPU.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
48 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
6 time(s)
ZL4PLM
[Post New]
Quote As I implied in the other thread, my guess a mistake, the same as CL indicated it was in PD17. Either way, CL obviously have some code and/or specification requirements to clean up as it appears at least two other features have been exposed in PD18 other than 360° video editing that need DirectX11. CL PD18 system specification requirements in the attached pic lists several GPU’s that are not DirectX11 compatible.

Jeff

I can confirm with the install of a new Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX560 this has been resolved.

Actually the new GPU really speeds up production of the video so thats not bad either

I went with a 4gb card which prob isn't required but all they had in the store and was in the price range I wanted to spend