Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
No video after processing through insta360 studio
jamesd1981 [Avatar]
Member Location: kilmarnock Joined: May 19, 2014 04:38 Messages: 78 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all

Having some what of a problem with editing video from insta360 one R

If i import the default mp4 files into pd18 they work fine, but if i process them through insta studio to apply the flowstate stabilization, when i then add them to pd18 timeline there is sound, but no video.

Anyone able to help with this ?

I have tried adding a codec pack to my system which made no difference
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Can you confirm that the video is actually present in your processed clips? An easy clue is the file size, which may be just a couple MB for an audio-only clip instead of GB if the video was present. Do your processed clips play correctly in VLC, Windows Media Player, Win10's Movies & TV app?

The free MediaInfo app will show the important details like the codec and bitrate, or you can share a clip here by uploading it to a cloud folder and pasting the link to it. See the Share a file publicly section in this Google FAQ or this OneDrive support page if needed.
jamesd1981 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Can you confirm that the video is actually present in your processed clips? An easy clue is the file size, which may be just a couple MB for an audio-only clip instead of GB if the video was present. Do your processed clips play correctly in VLC, Windows Media Player, Win10's Movies & TV app?

The free MediaInfo app will show the important details like the codec and bitrate, or you can share a clip here by uploading it to a cloud folder and pasting the link to it. See the Share a file publicly section in this Google FAQ or this OneDrive support page if needed.

Hi again Opto

yes the video produced through insta studio seems fine, thumbnails are present, file size is larger than the raw camera file after adding flowstate and the video plays normally in pot player, although it does not play in power dvd which makes me think the issue is Cyberlink

UPDATE

I now tried re encoding the from insta studio, but using h.265 instead of h.264 & the video now works normally in both pd18 and power dvd 18.

So it seems the issue is only when encoded from insta studio using the h.264 codec.

After testing various encoding options, it seems 144mbps is the magic number

144mbps or less and video is normal

145mbps or higher and sound is audible, but video is just a black screen

Tested this at various resolutions with same results

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 03. 2020 09:27

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
If there seems to be a bitrate threshold you may want to report the issue to CL so they can look into it.

I suggest having a sample of the working and non-working clips uploaded to a cloud folder so that they can work with the actual clips you're seeing the issue with, and you may want to include a link to this discussion so they can see what you've posted.

Their contact support page is here.
jamesd1981 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote If there seems to be a bitrate threshold you may want to report the issue to CL so they can look into it.

I suggest having a sample of the working and non-working clips uploaded to a cloud folder so that they can work with the actual clips you're seeing the issue with, and you may want to include a link to this discussion so they can see what you've posted.

Their contact support page is here.

ok thanks Opto

I will report it, using h.265 is not a problem, but perhaps for those with gpu like my previous one that does not support h.265 hopefully they can fix the bit rate issue with h.264