Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How does Cyberlink upgrade work
jamesd1981 [Avatar]
Member Location: kilmarnock Joined: May 19, 2014 04:38 Messages: 78 Offline
[Post New]
Can anyone confirm how the Cyberlink upgrade system works, do you have to install the previous version every time you install the new upgrade version or do they just give discount to existing users and when you buy the upgrade you just get a full normal install and product key ?

Thanks James
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Can anyone confirm how the Cyberlink upgrade system works, do you have to install the previous version every time you install the new upgrade version or do they just give discount to existing users and when you buy the upgrade you just get a full normal install and product key ?

Thanks James

Sound to me that you have no previously created custom assets like objects, particles, and titles, etc.saved so not having a previous version installed is okay with you.

To get PD19 at an upgrade you must have PD17 or later to get the lower upgrade price. Some claim that the old version will automatically be uninstalled. Others claim that they are given a choice during the installation and a recommendation that it be uninstalled. Uninstalling the older version first could cause you to lose the custom assets previously created. I always buy full versions in order to keep the older versions with my previously created assets.

This thread may help you to decide on what you want to do: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/78479.page .
prevaljo [Avatar]
Member Joined: Oct 01, 2017 22:19 Messages: 105 Offline
[Post New]
One thing I've noticed when "upgrading" is that not all historic "Content Packs" are included with an upgrade. I'm sure somebody will correct me but content packs appear to be released with a version and not always with the next version. I upgraded over several versions and then moved to a new PC after the death of the original machine. I hadn't specifically backed up the content packs and couldn't recover the older ones. Plus I didn't know what content packs I was missing.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
The subscription version has most, if not all, of the cumulative content packs (Holiday, Travel, Wedding, Action, etc.) from all prior versions available in the App Manager.

For individual versions, this FAQ should help.