Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power Director 19 ultra vs ultimate ?
jamesd1981 [Avatar]
Member Location: kilmarnock Joined: May 19, 2014 04:38 Messages: 78 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all

Can anyone confirm if pd19 ultra supports HDR10 import, it says it does on the cyberlink comparison section, however i watched a youtube review from a well known Cyberlink review channel and he had ultra listed as NOT supporting HDR10 import

Also i am just viewing the ultra vs ultimate comparison page and most of the extra features in ultimate i don`t think i would use, however 2 stand out that i am unfamiliar with, which is the .mxf import and the .mov apple pro res import, can anyone tell me which devices record in these formats

Thanks James

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 26. 2020 16:44

StevenG [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jan 14, 2014 14:04 Messages: 513 Offline
[Post New]
Between Ultra and Ultimate, the program itself is the same. Ultimate just includes more feature packs.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Between Ultra and Ultimate, the program itself is the same. Ultimate just includes more feature packs.

Unfortunately that statement is just false. Many differences in native PD features, not just feature packs. For instance:
1) no Timeline preview volume (dB) meter
2) no Audio scrubbing
3) no Shape Designer
4) multiple import of various video file formats not supported
5) just to list a few, CL site will compare

Quote Can anyone confirm if pd19 ultra supports HDR10 import, it says it does on the cyberlink comparison section, however i watched a youtube review from a well known Cyberlink review channel and he had ultra listed as NOT supporting HDR10 import

Also i am just viewing the ultra vs ultimate comparison page and most of the extra features in ultimate i don`t think i would use, however 2 stand out that i am unfamiliar with, which is the .mxf import and the .mov apple pro res import, can anyone tell me which devices record in these formats

I can't confirm, but as you state, per feature list it implies import of HDR10 supported.

Canon XC10, Sony Z190, a couple cameras that create *.MXF file types. Most Blackmagic cameras can support ProRes recording.

Jeff
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Starting with PD18, the Ultra does not have the features in the Ultimate editions. See this comparison list: https://www.cyberlink.com/products/video-photo-editor-combo/comparison_en_US.html .Attached is a screenshot showing HDR10 import not supported in the Ultra edition along with many others.

EDIT: The specs page show in Format and Device Support/ Video File (import)/ ▪ HDR (HEVC HDR10 & HLG) NEW , but that only applies to the PD365.
[Thumb - jamesd1981.jpg]
 Filename
jamesd1981.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Chart show that the Ultra does not support HDR10 file import.
 Filesize
236 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
37 time(s)
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Starting with PD18, the Ultra does not have the features in the Ultimate editions. See this comparison list: https://www.cyberlink.com/products/video-photo-editor-combo/comparison_en_US.html .Attached is a screenshot showing HDR10 import not supported in the Ultra edition along with many others.

EDIT: The specs page show in Format and Device Support/ Video File (import)/ ▪ HDR (HEVC HDR10 & HLG) NEW , but that only applies to the PD365.

Just inconstancies tomasc, https://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdirector-video-editing-software/comparison_en_US.html pic attached show it is supported.

Jeff
[Thumb - PD19_HDR10_Ultra.png]
 Filename
PD19_HDR10_Ultra.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
28 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
19 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 27. 2020 10:34

jamesd1981 [Avatar]
Member Location: kilmarnock Joined: May 19, 2014 04:38 Messages: 78 Offline
[Post New]

Just inconstancies tomasc, https://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdirector-video-editing-software/comparison_en_US.html pic attached show it is supported.

Jeff

Yes Jeff that is the same screen i get when viewing comparison, probably best not to take the chance and just get ultimate version

Thank you all for your help

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 27. 2020 10:46