Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I unchecked "enable hardware decoding" and loaded my video back up and the weirdness was gone! thanks
correct, when I use shadow edit files I get errors. I will try turning off hardware acceleration, thanks.
I recorded some video and loaded it into PD14 as I wanted to take a screenshot. I noticed in the preview playback that suddenly the colors went all rainbow-ish and the screen got pixelated. I reviewed the original mp4 and it was not like that at all. I am using windows 10, a nvidia gtx 970, 16 gig RAM. never had this problem until today.

attaching a screenshot taken with PD14 and one taken with bandicam of the moment of the video for comparison

also attached is my dxdiag
I just stopped using AVI altogether and only use MP4 now.
I have reported in other threads about the errors I was getting and I believe I have solved most of the issues so am going to describe
what issues I had and how I resolved them. I was getting a variety of errors after updating to windows 10. I use Bandicam to record primarily, and PowerDirector to edit. I was recording as an AVI file.

After updating to Win10 I started getting error code 3 and production unsuccessful. I was also getting errors in regards to the shadowfiles being broken. To fix the shadowfile issues I disabled shadowfiles in the preferences, started up a fresh PD and in the settings I manually deleted all the shadowfiles. I now leave shadowfiles off all the time and decline enabling them if prompted to do so.

Production Unsuccessful I would get at various times. one thing I did to fix some of these was to uncheck and disable the hardware acceleration (NVENC). I can use the SVRT without issues.

The hardest thing to figure out was the error code 3. I finally figured out that the settings I was using to record video with bandicam were not optimal for use I guess in windows 10 because prior to updating to windows 10 I could use a variety of settings and codecs in Bandicam without issue. But now I had to figure out what settings to use. Now I use the MP4 container file (instead of the AVI I was using before), with the h.264 NVENC codec with CFR selected (constant frame rate...) and a variable bit rate VBR. of course to use the h.264 NVENC you have to have a good nvidia graphics card. if you do not then you'd have to try other settings.

So these are the settings I use now and these seem to work well with PD12 and PD14.

Hope this helps you!

D
thanks!
I have been having issues ever since I updated to windows 10, with powerdirector. I updated to PD14 as I was told it supports windows 10.

After my previous response from tech support, per their instructions I did the forum AVI fix, installing the k-lite mega codec pack and running the tweak tool to change the splitter to the LAV splitter. I recorded an AVI video with various codecs including h.264 NVENC VBR and audio codec of PCM as a test (I tried mpeg, xvid, and h.264 codecs) I produced the video (see screenshot) and got an error (see screenshot) saying production unsuccessful. This happened with any and all videos I recorded using various configurations of codecs including h.264, xvid, and mpeg. all videos were recorded as AVI and produced as h.264 AVC MP4 (see screenshot). I am using windows 10, have a GTX 970 video card with 4 gig running on an i7 quad core PC with 16 gig RAM (see dxdiag) PD14 SR# VDE150716-01
Neil, yeah Blue is the brand, and Yeti is the model. its a desk top mic, large and heavy but very good quality! Mine is mounted on an arm so I can move it close to my mouth.
Optodata, I did as you suggested. The PD screen recorder recognizes my Blue Yeti. Loading up PD14 after that, it still did not recognize the Blue Yeti. I then checked the blue yeti site for drivers and found this:

"HASSLE-FREE SETUPSimply plug Yeti into your computer's USB port with the included USB cable, calibrate it with your operating system, and you're ready to record—rain, shine, or snow. Yeti offers driver-free operation, while the Yeti Pro requires easy-to-install drivers, available from Blue. "

I then went into device manager, saw the blue yeti, unplugged it, whereupon it vanished from DM, and re-plugged it in, and it re-appeared in DM, I did not see any sign of it installing any drivers. (mine is the plain blue yeti, not the blue yeti pro)
Thanks! I got the attachments on there now.
I just upgraded to PD14 from PD12. In PD12 I would record an audio capture and was able to select my default microphone, a Blue Yeti USB mic, from a drop down menu. in PD14 it only shows my headset mic which is inferior quality.

I have PD14 Ultra 14.0.2019.0

SR# VDE150716-01

Windows 10

Blue Yeti USB microphone set as the DEFAULT microphone.

Realtek high definition audio microphone (headset)
Thanks! Well after I posted on here I tried the codec tool fix again and was able to produce that specific video. If I run into anymore errors I will do as you suggest and post my dxdiag on here
Yeah well I am not happy because I made a new video and got the errors again. so basically I think they will tell me to convert it with this HANDBRAKE software, that my video is bad somehow. That is just not right. I did not buy PD14 to have to use a third party program to convert my video everytime. When I had PD12 I did not have to run a third party app to convert! I am going to shop for another video editor to use and toss PD14 in the trash.
ok thanks!

edit: I ended up uninstalling the codec, so that I could follow the instructions of tech support exactly. I converted the video to an .MP4 with a program called handbrake, then I edited it in PD14, and got the "Production Unsuccessful" error again. Then I thought, "They will probably tell me to try it without using hardware accelleration" SO I unchecked the hardware acceleration feature and produced again, and that time it worked! Just wanted to let others know in case it helps them.
I spoke too soon. I just produced a video and at 100% complete it stopped and would not finish. I canceled and the video stopped around 1 minute 20 seconds and the rest was just sound.
I just did the fix. I have PD14. A test video produced successfully after doing the codec pack install and tweak tool.
thanks I'll try that next
Hello, I have PowerDirector and I used to have the HARDWARE VIDEO ENCODER checked on the PRODUCE page. Recently I noticed that the check was gone and I can no longer check the circle there. I checked and my graphics driver is up to date. I just did a clean re-install of my graphics driver and still the same issue. I also noticed that in the past when I was rendering video that I could hear my pc really getting noisy and working hard, but my system hardly slowed down at all. NOW when I render my PC is about the normal amount of noise and the whole system slows down quite a bit. I assume this difference is because it is no longer using the hardware video encoder. I do a LOT A LOT A LOT of video editing so please someone help me out here.

Intel core i7-2600 cpu @ 3.40ghz 8 gig RAM
win 7
NVIDIA GeForce GT 520 2gig RAM
1 terabye hard drive
Not sure what else I should list here.
Go to: