Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
solutions for error code 3 / production unsuccessful / corrupt shadowfiles
dianddra9999 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: atlanta, ga Joined: May 07, 2014 20:37 Messages: 18 Offline
[Post New]
I have reported in other threads about the errors I was getting and I believe I have solved most of the issues so am going to describe
what issues I had and how I resolved them. I was getting a variety of errors after updating to windows 10. I use Bandicam to record primarily, and PowerDirector to edit. I was recording as an AVI file.

After updating to Win10 I started getting error code 3 and production unsuccessful. I was also getting errors in regards to the shadowfiles being broken. To fix the shadowfile issues I disabled shadowfiles in the preferences, started up a fresh PD and in the settings I manually deleted all the shadowfiles. I now leave shadowfiles off all the time and decline enabling them if prompted to do so.

Production Unsuccessful I would get at various times. one thing I did to fix some of these was to uncheck and disable the hardware acceleration (NVENC). I can use the SVRT without issues.

The hardest thing to figure out was the error code 3. I finally figured out that the settings I was using to record video with bandicam were not optimal for use I guess in windows 10 because prior to updating to windows 10 I could use a variety of settings and codecs in Bandicam without issue. But now I had to figure out what settings to use. Now I use the MP4 container file (instead of the AVI I was using before), with the h.264 NVENC codec with CFR selected (constant frame rate...) and a variable bit rate VBR. of course to use the h.264 NVENC you have to have a good nvidia graphics card. if you do not then you'd have to try other settings.

So these are the settings I use now and these seem to work well with PD12 and PD14.

Hope this helps you!

D

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Oct 17. 2015 19:24

Intel core i7-2600 cpu @ 3.40ghz 16 gig RAM
win 10
Asus STRIX GeForce GTX 970 4gig RAM