Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Just wanted to let you know that following the Windows update to 1803 my PowerDVD 18 now plays 3D reliably in HDMI 1.4 1080 mod.laughing. My old PowerDVD 15 has also started working again after the 1803 updatesmile so it looks like I have made an unnecessary purchase.undecided
Happy for you. I just try and no lucky, nothing change for me.
Quote I am a long time user of PDVD going back to ver 11, but got a free version of TMT (came with a BD disk player) and liked it much better, real shame Arcsoft dropped it and Win finally killed it of.
Yes, me too. was a great well working software. cry

Quote If you are sure its not the monitor then maybe Jriver.
P.S. Do you have Net Framework 3.5 enabled??? (Not std with Win 10 but required for Media Portal)
Pretty sure is not JRiver: I installed it after discover that PDVD not working.
I'm not sure if I have .net 3.5. Is not into my installed updates list, and I never try Media Portal.
Quote Maybe your monitor
Maybe. Really I don't know.
But I know that:

• Arcsoft Total Media Theater worked perfectly for long time (dismissed years ago it continued to work until microsoft meltdown patches. Now is dead and that's the main reason I buy PDVD);

• WinDvd, actual version, works (but the entire software is terrible, full of advertisings... seem a virus!);

• JRiver actual version works;

So is really hard to me trust that should be only a monitor problem. I continue to think is a PDVD related incompatibility.
Quote I think this should work...
Me too, but simply don't. The video don't start, PDVD return to main screen and stop.
As QC2.0 wrote seem my monitor use 720p when switch to 3DTV mode, that's terrible to see. Is the reason I want to trty to use micropolarized view bypassing the 3DTV mode. For example I try to use JRIver (version 24) and works perfectly. PDVD should do the same, using exactly the same logic applied to "anaglyph red-cyan" vision: in this case take the couple 3D frames, create a red-cyan new frame and send it to the monitor without touch anything else. So no switch to 3DTV mode, no force 24p, no change colors and so on. Why they cannot do the same for micropolarized? Simply take the 2 frames, create a new one with interleaved rows (one for left, one for right and so on) and then send to the monitor as every other video image.
Quote Did you try the option maunally?
Of course. But as I wrote in the first post the monitor has a bug into firmware and when it move to 24p via hdmi 1.4 the resolution go to 720 (the monitor is 1080 native) and colors scrambled completely. The problem is that using the auto selection on pdvd via hdmi the program change the refresh to 24p moving the monitor to the bug. And there is no way to force to return to 50p. I search for years a way to mantain correct resolution and colors when this monitor switch to 24p but wihtout success.

The solution will be really easy: let the "micropolarized" option to work. For example I try to use the "anaglyph cyan-magenta" option and it works... So why the "micropolarized" no? I pay for it, right? Is a big deal let it to work?

Another solution should be change the monitor, but is very expensive... Better to have a declared option in the software (remember, I pay for it), simply to works.
I try to see a 3D bluray using the "micropolarized" option into 3d preferences. PDVD simply does not start... try but return to the home screen and say that the cannot use the hardware.
My monitor is a LG D2342P and has hdmi 1.4. I cannot use "auto selection" because switching do 24hz a bug into monitor make resolution worse.. impossible to see.

So will be perfet if "micropolarized" option will works... any chance?
This message (is translate from italian, I don't know if in english is exactly the same) appear random for aprox 80% times I start a bluray disk. Ever the first time I need to restart the PC many time befor a succesful launch.
Very frustrating. Other players do not have any problems with same discs.

My dxdiag file in attachment.

Ideas?
Quote Your monitor is "micro-polarized", so if the 3D monitor has not been correctly autodetected, the default value will be enabled (HDMI 1.4 enabled 3D TV).
You can manually change to "Micro-polarized LCD 3D" in [Settings] -> [Preferences] -> [3D Display] -> [Display Device].
Thanks Hicham, is the first option i tried. But if I choose "micro-polarized" PDVD say to me that it can't recognize the device (the monitor) and the playback doesnt' start.

I note that if i try to force 3D without say that is a 3d monitor PDVD use by defaut the anagliphyc red-blue vision. So the perfect for me will be use interleaved rows to use the micropolarized capabilities of the monitor. Is the way to works that has the old Arcsoft TMT.

Anyway my feelings is that you need to add more user preferences to customize vison and audio options. Is a player that run into a PC so is normal that it can be infaced to a wide range of hardware, and thare is a real big probability that something doesn't works. Your software cost money and there is not possibility to try all feature (and verify bugs and incompatibilities) before pay the money. Is very frustrating, pratically I waste my money to a product that promise all and at the end don't do what I need.
Help the user to force some feature sould be very, very, very helpful. And reading all the posts in the forum seems to be exactly this case.
Quote Hi Gianluca,

Have you contacted the support in this regard? You can find the support's link in my signature.

Cheers,
Hicham
Just done. I wait for an answer...
thanks.
Hi all,
When starting a 3D bluray there is a way to tell PowerDVD17 (last version) to NOT switch to 24 hz, and to NOT access to the 3d features of the monitor?

PDVD change my refresh video rate to "23" hz and activate a "3d color" modality of my LG D2342 (micropolarized), and the vision result is choppy and highly distorted.

Will be perfect if simply start the 3D playback for micropolarized monitors without do anything into my screen configuration.

TIA,
Gianluca
Hi Lu,
In the past I had the same problem. I remember that some PDVD7 builds does not work at full screen resolution if the secondary monitor is the monitor "2".
You should resolve setting the secondary monitor as number "1", and the console monitor as "2".
A week ago I had the same problem.
I solve disconnecting and reconnecting the SATA cable from the drive and the motherboard.
After reconnecting Windows plug&play mechanism tell me that the new hardware is ready to use... And the problems go out!
It seems incredible, but no one from cyberlink write or read in this forum. If you need any help you should go here:
http://www.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/service/technical-support.do
and send a message. Then you should hope for an answer.

This forum is full of unsatisfied customers, me included.
I need the same feature but, as I know, there is no way to do this programmaticaly because pdvd don't have a command line capability.

I'm trying to do using some external software that can move a generic window. This software is NirCmd:
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/nircmd.html
I use Vista32 home basic.

The point is that if i try to load Transformers and PwerDVD audio is set to SPDIF, the program chrash.
Using the new reclock I set PDVD audio to "6 speakers", anche reclock for resample the PCM back to AC3. This is a little strange, but it works.

If you know how to let PDVD work directly in SPDIF with Transofrmers, you are welcome!
I have th last patch for the v8.

I solve the problem installing the last beta of reclock from slysoft. Some try to configure the audio interface and now the movie start. If I don't use reclock nothing works...
Strange, but is it...
Transformers BD doesn't want to start using PowerDVD 8 ultra. Most of the times show the "loading" screen without exit. Sometimes crash directly.

Any ideas?
I had all two problems

For bob: the flicker haddend only using ArcSoft TotalMedia Theater, not PDVD. I actually don't know a workaround.

Raphael, are you using a dual monitor configuration? PDVD cannot use full screen if the monitor is the number "2" but only the number "1".
I see two movies last night, bluray Surf's Up and hddvd Transformers. I'ts incredible but the player seems to be more fluid on my system. It's a long distance form perfection, but a single step ahead is better than none.
I change the title of the thread after the new patch 3730 posted form CL.
Installed over 3704 and everything seems ok... But I'll try tonight to find some bugfix.
Go to: