Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Already tried that

The clip is working in Audio Director though

Hmmm. I know you said you don't have the audio muted in PD, but did you accidently uncheck the audio box on your track your video is in? That is something that is easily overlooked.
Hi Ivan,

Not sure if this will help, but maybe something else to try. I am in fact have a similar problem right now with producing some complex videos in PD16. Many of my segments, the audio was getting garbled. I am recording at full HD (1920x1080) and running the completed video on my laptop where it was garbling the audio. I would go back down to my monster workstation where I produce the video and the same final video runs just fine. I tried it on another laptop and had the same garbling audio.

My conclusion was that my lower-powered laptops were struggling with playing the HD video for some reason. I am just now experimenting with producing my final video using a different codec to see if that resolves the problem.

Maybe this gives you an idea or two to try? Do you have a more powerful PC or laptop you could try running your video on? I would try that before going too far.
My video projects are getting more complex over time, therfore my videos are taking longer and longer to produce, especially when saving the 1920x1080 resolution. I find myself doing a bunch of editing, and then have to wait for PD16 to produce the segment before I move on to another segment. Is it possible to have PD16 produce the video in the background, running under a separate instance, or through a command line so that while a video segment is being produced, I can continue to edit other segments using PD16?

This capability would be most helpful if it exists.
Quote thanks
But... strangly enough, if I try to take a unmodified 4K clip (19sec long) , place it on the timeline.
Analyze with SVRT, that says (media type MPEG4, resolution 3840x2160, frame 25, bitrate 94452, workload save 100%)
it still take 45 sec to render ? (Render says using SVRT5)

Is this normal ?

What I have found is that SVRT does not help much in your Option 1 scenario, because typically I end up rendering into an MPEG2 at a lower quality resolution (like Full HD instead of 4K). Hence I prefer more of your Option 2 where I break my video into segments and do all the editing/clipping/voice-over, etc. within each segment. So for example, on a 4 day vacation, I may create a project file for each Day. Then, after I have edited and rendered in Day segment, I would create a final PD project file which would simply contain the rendered video from each day. I might add some sort of transition or Segway between each segment, but overall the final project is much simpler.

This is when SVRT really helps! When it comes time to render the final project video with all the individual Day segments, SVRT will skip right over the Day segments because they have already been rendered, saving tremendous amounts of time in the final rendering phase.

Hopefully this helps.
Thanks for the quick responses to my question!!

I was looking for something more like the PDToots video tutorial where I have an image with a border on top of a background video, and I wanted to zoom in on the image without it growing in size. Just like in this video tutorial. Turning my animated image zoom into a video first, and then inserting the video on top of my background video will work just fine, just a bit more labor to get it done.

However, while further experimenting with this idea, I stumbled across a more elegant way of adding motion to my images and then inserting them onto a background while keeping the size of the image the same! Here is the steps I followed:

1) Place the image I want to add motion to on Track 1.
2) Apply magic motion to the image. In my case, I wanted a slow zoom in.
3) Go into PiP and you can now re-size and re-position your motion image where you want it. If you preview, you will now notice the applied motion to the image remains within the re-sized image frame!!
4) Now you can add background video/images in any fashion you want, and then position your newly created PiP motion image on top. Very cool.

If anyone else is interested, I could post an example video clip of how I used this feature.

Greg S.
I am trying to create the affect of slowly zooming in on a still image within a PiP frame. Is this possible? I can successfully use PiP to show my imagine within a picture frame, but I can't quite figure out how to then zoom in on my still image without it overriding my frame. Masks perhaps? I have played around with masks but still can't figure it out. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Go to: