Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
No sound in Powerdirector 16
Andrew_1957 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 26, 2018 06:29 Messages: 93 Offline
[Post New]
For some reason I am not getting any audio in PD16 - was working ok the other day

Other prgrams such as Windows Media Player and similar the audio on the video clips play fine

Anyone got any ideas ... before you say it the program does not have the audio muted

thanks
PowerDirector Tutorials
Senior Member Location: Tennessee Joined: Sep 29, 2014 20:25 Messages: 192 Offline
[Post New]
Quote For some reason I am not getting any audio in PD16 - was working ok the other day

Other prgrams such as Windows Media Player and similar the audio on the video clips play fine

Anyone got any ideas ... before you say it the program does not have the audio muted

thanks

Reboot your computer PowerDirector Tutorials Team
Andrew_1957 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Already tried that

The clip is working in Audio Director though
PowerDirector Tutorials
Senior Member Location: Tennessee Joined: Sep 29, 2014 20:25 Messages: 192 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Already tried that

I am shooting from the hip here. Then reboot after you do this

delete the cache folder that holds these files.
C: \ Users \[user_name] \ AppData \ Roaming \ CyberLink \ PowerDirector \ 16.0 \Cache \ WaveForms folder and then delete all the temporary files. PowerDirector Tutorials Team
Greg84065
Newbie Location: Riverton, Utah Joined: Oct 14, 2013 23:38 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Already tried that

Hmmm. I know you said you don't have the audio muted in PD, but did you accidently uncheck the audio box on your track your video is in? That is something that is easily overlooked.
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]

Hmmm. I know you said you don't have the audio muted in PD, but did you accidently uncheck the audio box on your track your video is in? That is something that is easily overlooked.

Have a read of the "Newbie Room" article in issue 9 here. https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/65951.page Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
Andrew_1957 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks guys for all the useful input - tried and checked things and nothing changed

If there had been no audio in all playback software I tried I think it would have been easier to resolve.

I reloaded drivers nothing changed - so was on the point of giving up - when out of nowhere it started working again

Probably aliens invaded the machine fingers crossed it doesnt happen again
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
See this post: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/76766.page . If that is not it then right mouse click on the clip and select Restore to the original volume level. Also uncheck Mute clip if there is a checkmark on it.