Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Screen Recorder 3 audio problem.
Ivanh66 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 24, 2013 10:38 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Don't see a specific forum for SR3, so I will post here.

I just purchased and downloaded SR3 today. I have recorded three videos with it.

In each video about 2/3 of the way through, the audio becomes garbled/distorted. Video looks good. If rewind the video and restart the audio defect occurs in the same place.

Settings: Full screen, default video resolution, no webcam, yes on mouse clicks. I have also tried setting resolution to 1080 and have size linked to application. No difference.

Update: I did apply the latest patch, and I am using a capable machine. I note that the screen recorder that comes with Powerdirector also makes the same distortion. Starts out clean and that about half or 2/3rds through it becomes distorted. My normal screen recorder (Articulate Replay) works fine.

Thanks in advance!

Ivan

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 12. 2018 11:48

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Ivan -

There's no separate Screen Recorder forum, so you've landed your issue in the "right" spot.

I've used SR3 fairly extensively, recording up to ~30min, & never had the issue of distorted or garbled sound. Have you applied the latest 4287 patch? It adds some better options. Whether it'll make any difference to your issue is anyone's guess.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Greg84065
Newbie Location: Riverton, Utah Joined: Oct 14, 2013 23:38 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Ivan,

Not sure if this will help, but maybe something else to try. I am in fact have a similar problem right now with producing some complex videos in PD16. Many of my segments, the audio was getting garbled. I am recording at full HD (1920x1080) and running the completed video on my laptop where it was garbling the audio. I would go back down to my monster workstation where I produce the video and the same final video runs just fine. I tried it on another laptop and had the same garbling audio.

My conclusion was that my lower-powered laptops were struggling with playing the HD video for some reason. I am just now experimenting with producing my final video using a different codec to see if that resolves the problem.

Maybe this gives you an idea or two to try? Do you have a more powerful PC or laptop you could try running your video on? I would try that before going too far.
Ivanh66 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi Ivan -

There's no separate Screen Recorder forum, so you've landed your issue in the "right" spot.

I've used SR3 fairly extensively, recording up to ~30min, & never had the issue of distorted or garbled sound. Have you applied the latest 4287 patch? It adds some better options. Whether it'll make any difference to your issue is anyone's guess.

Cheers - Tony

Always a good place to start: update to the latest version.

I did just apply that patch and no joy. Still doing it. I also loaded up the screen recorder that comes with Power Director. I had never used it, and it does the same thing.

Thanks for trying!
Ivan
Ivanh66 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi Ivan,

Not sure if this will help, but maybe something else to try. I am in fact have a similar problem right now with producing some complex videos in PD16. Many of my segments, the audio was getting garbled. I am recording at full HD (1920x1080) and running the completed video on my laptop where it was garbling the audio. I would go back down to my monster workstation where I produce the video and the same final video runs just fine. I tried it on another laptop and had the same garbling audio.

My conclusion was that my lower-powered laptops were struggling with playing the HD video for some reason. I am just now experimenting with producing my final video using a different codec to see if that resolves the problem.

Maybe this gives you an idea or two to try? Do you have a more powerful PC or laptop you could try running your video on? I would try that before going too far.

Good thought, but I am using my "monster" machine". Quad i7 with 32 gb of ram, SSD hard drive. It is my music and video production machine. I also have a screen recorder by Articulate, and it works fine.

Thanks for the input!

Ivan
Michael R. [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 02, 2019 20:14 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I have SR16 which came bundled with PowerDirector Suite 16, and it has the same issues, which started after a few Windows 10 updates, it didn't do this originally. I suspect it's some kind of Window-ish problem.

I have discovered a workaround for this issue on MY MACHINE. The issue was due to using the built-in mic in the laptop along with SR16 recording full screen video 1920 x 1080. After about a minute of flawless video/audio capture, the quality degrades significantly and the audio gets completely garbled, and lost, with a few video frame drops as well. The result is that the capture is bogus and unusable.

My workaround was to change the audio device from built-in laptop mic to external audio device (Zoom H4n headphone jack) wired into the laptop Line In port. Zoom was set to Record Pause mode which functions as an audio pass-through, so the audio gets mixed directly with the video capture in SR16, avoiding a separate transcoding process. This produced a flawless video/audio capture at full laptop resolution, with absolutely NO dropped frames anywhere.

Audio out and audio in should match impedance. There are 2 options, MIC and LINE OUT. If your mic or device has LINE OUT and your computer has LINE IN, you're good wiring directly. If your mic does NOT match your computer port type, use a LINE OUT to MIC cable to match impedance or the gain will be undesirable and need to be adjusted.

For me, this was a case of "You must be smarter than the tool."

Cheers and good luck.