Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can videos be produced in the background or using another instance of PD16?
Greg84065
Newbie Location: Riverton, Utah Joined: Oct 14, 2013 23:38 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
My video projects are getting more complex over time, therfore my videos are taking longer and longer to produce, especially when saving the 1920x1080 resolution. I find myself doing a bunch of editing, and then have to wait for PD16 to produce the segment before I move on to another segment. Is it possible to have PD16 produce the video in the background, running under a separate instance, or through a command line so that while a video segment is being produced, I can continue to edit other segments using PD16?

This capability would be most helpful if it exists.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
G'day Greg -

I think the short answer would be no. PDR needs to be running to produce & it's not possible to have more than one concurrent instance.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!