Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I too have menus created from PD12 and above, I'm reluctant to uninstall earlier versions in case the menus and text labels went with the uninstalling
I also edit music performances and have asked this same question in the past. When I have seven or eight video tracks it takes up a lot of screen real estate and it’s time consuming to place the sync video clips back on to one video track.

One video track per per audio sync would make good editing sense to me after five years of this time wasted process- or at the very least, give the user the choice in their own set up, that is, turning the option on or off

Remember to ‘lock’ the video track when you’re done syncing too. This prevents PD ‘drifting’ and relocating the video out of sequence again as often happens on large projects. It can move video by up to 20-30 seconds forwards

you might also find it faster to use one or two multi-cam mixes, producing a project from each and then editing on two or three tracks manually. I do this on video where I get up to 10 mixes. I choose my audio source and mix four similar videos at a time on multi cam mix. I mix long distance crowd video first-usually after I have saved a rendered individual clip after moving the video up to 17 seconds to fit the audio soundtrack. Then I multi cam the close up videos. At each complete play through I render and save the mix, then remix another one, then another. The end result gives me three edited video tracks that I can send throughout multi cam mix for the last time.
There is a pull down option in multi cam which lets you choose the audio source, any of the four clips soundtrack, or a seperate audio reference if you have wave or mp3 files

its frustrating but it works.
Hello, this happened to me when I was changing a 1440 60fps file to 1080 30 fps clips to output

the audio wandered. I fixed it by choosing the same output file size and fps (frames per second) as the original

when I mix various frame rates into one project I have to pause on edit to line them up (even after using audio sync)

Thank you so much for your help! I'm kind of surprised that this program would have such a glitch, but oh well... and I will do as you suggest.

i don't believe it's the capture, I believe it's the sending software.
Hi, it happens all the time to me. I unlink the audio and video track, slide the video along 3-4 seconds (as one track) and output the preview as mp4

its likely the voice over Internet part I think
I've had this issue constantly on pd16, my work around is to reconvert all the clips to the same time code and remember to lock the clips on the timeline
It's happening to me too, but when I changed the display setting not to play hi resolution playback in the preview pane it went away
Quote I've found that they can mysteriously move a few/several seconds on the timeline all by themselves. Not always, but if you trim something, it can happen.

i have found that if I lock the track, it prevents the ‘drift’ which happens very regularly
hello friends,

is there a way to make the chapter markers move in sync with clips on the timeline?

I often add clips (or delete clips) and must rearrange chapter markers every time.

this seems inefficient
Hi friends, I make concert videos from compiled YouTube clips. Many times there are two different audio soundtracks I can choose to use, however, I seem to only be allowed to have one soundtrack on the finished product. Does PowerDirector 16 have this option for me to have two audio tracks, and a user can choose in a menu which one they want?

I can't find this topic anywhere, thanks
Hello and thanks for replying. What I am doing is editing music concerts. Firstly I use 'Content Aware Editing' to select the 'steady' clips. Once chosen they align themselves together onto one timeline. As I want them now to line up with the 'original (full) audio track'

when I 'sync by audio' the clips stagger themselves below each other, which is frustrating when I have to shift ten plus clips onto one timeline so I can repeat the process with other clips in the same song but filmed from a different location.
Is it possible to quickly Balance the Audio output from various [merged] clips based on ONE timeline clips levels, to make the output audio levels about the same - is there a quick method to choose a clip with the correct levels and get other clips to match volumes<span>? </span>

<span>Thank you, I posed the question to support a week ago and got no response, I'm hoping a kind soul here can help out</span>
How do I STOP 'Sync By Audio' from shifting many small completed/ lined up clips to lower timeline tracks - it's very time consuming trying to get them back onto ONE track. I wish to keep them on one track after they have synced

<span style="-webkit-text-size-adjust: auto;">I sent a request to support on 10/10 and not received a response , I will appreciate any assistance</span>

<span style="-webkit-text-size-adjust: auto;">thanks </span>
'Auto Menu timeout' was checked , problem solved
Thank You , Thank You

Happy Holidays
Thank you for helping me. It's quite frustrating being a 'beginner' again.

'Pete's Simple Text Menu' was the one I downloaded as it seemed to be present for SIX buttons- I added the background photo and that's it. I got that one because I cannot work out (easily) how to add any buttons to my pages.
The button option is not easy to work out - I've tried to create a new template but the Left Hand 'button' option box shows nothing in it.
Power director 14 menu settings are , go to Menu and play sequentially but it plays sequentially and bypasses the menu on DVD 5 DVD 9 and Bluray created disks

Please, any ideas greatfully received. I have created a dozen different disks and the menu won't come up on any. My system is pal and I'm editing in NTSC if that's a possible problem.
Go to: