Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Importing custom titles from previous version
MedfordTim [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 04, 2011 16:49 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
The subject header pretty much says it all. I'm trying to import a custom title from 17 to 18 but can't figure out how.

Anyone?
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Medford Tim -

In theory, you shouldn't need to... unless there's something unusual about your installation. Custom titles (and other templates) should show up in your libraries.

e.g. in my PDR18 titles library, there are dozens of custom templates made in previous versions.

Aren't yours showing up?

Are your previous custom titles stored in C:\Users\UserName\Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector\18.0... or 17.0? That's the default location.

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 24. 2019 01:35

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
MedfordTim [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi Medford Tim -

In theory, you shouldn't need to... unless there's something unusual about your installation. Custom titles (and other templates) should show up in your libraries.

e.g. in my PDR18 titles library, there are dozens of custom templates made in previous versions.

Aren't yours showing up?

Are your previous custom titles stored in C:\Users\UserName\Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector\18.0... or 17.0? That's the default location.

Cheers - Tony

Thanks. They didn't carry over automatically but you showed me how to find them. One of the problems I had was I was looking for it under the name I saved it as, not "Title_006" - that threw me. : but yeah, they are there. I appreciate the help.

Tim
MedfordTim [Avatar]
[Post New]
I spoke too soon. I DID find the folders and the custom titles in the 17 folder but copy and pasting them into 18's Title folder doesn't help. They still don't show up in the Titles category in the Edit room of 18.

Frustrating.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
MedfordTim - Do you still have PD17 installed on this same computer? Do you have the PD18 perpetual or the 365 versions? It should show up in PD18 perpetual version without you having to do anything.
MedfordTim [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote MedfordTim - Do you still have PD17 installed on this same computer? Do you have the PD18 perpetual or the 365 versions? It should show up in PD18 perpetual version without you having to do anything.

Yes on the 17, perpetual not 365.

"Should" is such a great word, isn't it? LOL

Tim
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote "Should" is such a great word, isn't it? LOL

Tim

I have several previous versions of PD installed on my pc. The particular custom title could have been created in say PD12 so it will not appear in the default location for PD17 but have to go all the way back to the PD12 location to find it for example. Hope this helps...
Midimannz [Avatar]
Newbie Location: New Zealand Joined: Aug 28, 2013 19:18 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
I too have menus created from PD12 and above, I'm reluctant to uninstall earlier versions in case the menus and text labels went with the uninstalling
MedfordTim [Avatar]
[Post New]

I have several previous versions of PD installed on my pc. The particular custom title could have been created in say PD12 so it will not appear in the default location for PD17 but have to go all the way back to the PD12 location to find it for example. Hope this helps...

That's pretty much what I did - the title I want exists in 17 but I don't know how to get it to show in 18. I'd rather not have to use a particular version because I like one of my titles, knowwhudImean? Too bad it isn't one of the 'import' options. ("Import from previous version")

Thanks,
Tim