Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Solved: Menu Create assistance please
Midimannz [Avatar]
Newbie Location: New Zealand Joined: Aug 28, 2013 19:18 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
Power director 14 menu settings are , go to Menu and play sequentially but it plays sequentially and bypasses the menu on DVD 5 DVD 9 and Bluray created disks

Please, any ideas greatfully received. I have created a dozen different disks and the menu won't come up on any. My system is pal and I'm editing in NTSC if that's a possible problem.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 22. 2015 13:43

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
In the Create disc/Menu Preferences you must select a menu by clicking on it and then click on Apply to all pages. You can then click on the Preview button on the lower right to see how your menu work.

Let us know the name of the menu you selected.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 21. 2015 14:23

Midimannz [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you for helping me. It's quite frustrating being a 'beginner' again.

'Pete's Simple Text Menu' was the one I downloaded as it seemed to be present for SIX buttons- I added the background photo and that's it. I got that one because I cannot work out (easily) how to add any buttons to my pages.
The button option is not easy to work out - I've tried to create a new template but the Left Hand 'button' option box shows nothing in it.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 21. 2015 16:30

tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
That particular menu was tested by by users last year and found to be working correctly as is. On the Playback Mode button ensure that the Auto menu timeout is unchecked. Before you go to Burn in 2D ensure that the Preview the disc is exactly as you want it.

If you have problems then try the standard Cinematic or World Monopoly menus and preview those and use the simulated remote control on rhe lower left of the screen. The menu will not be bypassed when you preview it. What player are you using that bypasses the menu??
Midimannz [Avatar]
[Post New]
'Auto Menu timeout' was checked , problem solved
Thank You , Thank You

Happy Holidays
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Glad to be of help and that you have solved the problem. Can you please edit your title in the top post and place the word :Solved

This will help others that may encounter the same problem. Thanks.