Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to get 'Sync by Audio' to stay on ONE timeline please?
Midimannz [Avatar]
Newbie Location: New Zealand Joined: Aug 28, 2013 19:18 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
How do I STOP 'Sync By Audio' from shifting many small completed/ lined up clips to lower timeline tracks - it's very time consuming trying to get them back onto ONE track. I wish to keep them on one track after they have synced

<span style="-webkit-text-size-adjust: auto;">I sent a request to support on 10/10 and not received a response , I will appreciate any assistance</span>

<span style="-webkit-text-size-adjust: auto;">thanks </span>
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Midimannz -

I'm probably not following exactly what you're doing, but "Sync by Audio" is designed to align clips from a multi-cam shoot. i.e. the core of the audio content is the same.

When multiple clips are selected & you click "Sync by Audio" the clips are naturally inserted in different track so the audio can be aligned.

It sounds like you're syncing by audio after you've done a fair bit of editing.

Some timeline screenshots and a bit more detail would help.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Midimannz [Avatar]
Newbie Location: New Zealand Joined: Aug 28, 2013 19:18 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
Hello and thanks for replying. What I am doing is editing music concerts. Firstly I use 'Content Aware Editing' to select the 'steady' clips. Once chosen they align themselves together onto one timeline. As I want them now to line up with the 'original (full) audio track'

when I 'sync by audio' the clips stagger themselves below each other, which is frustrating when I have to shift ten plus clips onto one timeline so I can repeat the process with other clips in the same song but filmed from a different location.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 18. 2017 15:08