Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Ok, I noticed that when starting the Screen Recorder there's a channel added to the Volume Mixer of Windows (10 in my case).
If I start Foobar to play some music to the Primary Sound Driver it records the audio into the Screen Recorder.

If I start Cubase Pro 8.5, which uses the same Primary Sound device via Asio, to show some recordings it seems to lock the primary sound driver and the Screen Recorder channel in the Volume Mixer gets removed from that list so it's not recording.
Not sure how to fix that?
Somehow I can't seem to get a sound from my RME Fireface 400 soundcard into the Screen Recorder. As I can't change the settings for which device (channel) it uses to record the sound I assume it's using the device I set as default?

I can get the MIC to record from one of the input channels of the RME but the output doesn't record even if I change the default device and change stuff in TotalMix.

Maybe someone has a comparable situation of found a solution with his soundcard?
Rolled back to the previous version since this build is causing crashes again.
Quote: Harry -

The short answer is no.

Despite the dropdown saying "Apply fading transition to all videos > Prefix", it only applies it to the END od the whole thing (not each video).

I can't offer you an easy solution.

Cheers - Tony

Ok, I'll find a way that's the quickest for me. Thanks for your answers!
Quote: Hi Harry -

Do you mean you'd like to fade to black between clips?

If so, you can just apply a postfix fade to clip 1 and a prefix fade to clip 2.

If not, can you give a little more detail?

Cheers - Tony

Hi Tony,

Yes, that is what I would like indeed. I'm looking for ways to make this a one command action to apply to all videos? Is that possible?

I'm now using the key frame option which is already faster but I need to make changes when lengths of videos differ.
Quote: Not sure if this will help- but I prefer to use transitions.
In PD12 you should be able to right click the Transitions between your clips and set the Duration.

Which I think is awesome since I no longer have to mess with Duration in Preferences every time I want to lengthen or shorten the stock Fade transition.

Rob

I've been trying transitions which can be applied to all videos at once. Couldn't get the same effect as a fade out of one video and a fade in on another? Or am I doing something wrong?
Which transition do you use?
Did editing on 2 video's today, no more crashes and snappy performance with the latest NVidia driver. Happy the issue is resolved by updating the driver.
This driver seems to have stabilized my crashes. I will do some editing the coming days and let you know if it's stable now.
Here's the new project (larger) http://www.sendspace.com/file/okswuv
Quote: Hi,
I downloaded it today and everything works good here (don't use two monitors tho').

Do you leave all services and programs installed after the installation?
Quote:
Quote: Hi Harry,
I didn't get the crash with the project - though the excluded files made for a poor video and a lot of blank screen.
Dafydd

Might be related to my graphics card? GTX660 - I have NVidia driver version 320.49

Noticed the latest version is 327.23 - anyone have experience with that version?
Quote: Hi Harry,
I didn't get the crash with the project - though the excluded files made for a poor video and a lot of blank screen.
Dafydd

Might be related to my graphics card? GTX660 - I have NVidia driver version 320.49
I now moved all the files to the same folder on the SSD (C-drive).

1. Yes, after a few times Shift-Del - Ctrl-Z it crashed again. This was on the project with the intro/outro and overlay.
2. A copy of the project without the intro/outro overlay also crashed, this time when double clicking a video.

I'll send the additional files and a new project to you.
Ok, just moved all the files in the small example I sent you to the SSD (C drive) and started editing. Fairly quickly I got a crash when changing the files. It now crashed when removing a clip and using Ctrl-Z to restore it.
So maybe it's not HD related at all?
Quote: Thanks for the information Harry. I'd like to see/have more information on the video files you're editing please.
1. Sample/source, 5 seconds of video unedited and from the camera please. Point and shoot 5 seconds.
2. Layout of your project.
Dafydd

Thanks for your help.

I created 5 sec videos from my Canon 60D and iPad, added an audio clip of about 5 secs and created a project with it like how I normally create videos. Funny thing is that even a tiny project like this crashed. I often have crashes in the PiP designer after double clicking a video. Not sure if this is only a HD issue?

Zip download removed
Quote:

>>1. Check your Preview settings - what have you set them as?

Realtime (always) - Quality - High preview but I also often set it to Full HD as a final check. On the High preview I don't get a lot of crashes. I do have to keep my hard disks defragmented often.

>>2. What's the HD file format and layout of the project in Edit Workspace? Please provide the MediInfo on the files (maybe), see Guide, Part I.

Type: mp4 - H.264 AVC
Bitrate: 44.01 Mbps
Resolution: 1920x1080
Frame rate: 25 fps
Aspect Ratio: 16:9
Baseline profile
Progressive Frame Type

Additional info from Windows properties:

Data rate: 44693kbps
Total bitrate: 46231kbps

Audio - Bitrate: 1538Kbps, 48Khz, stereo

Is that the info you meant?

>>3. In Preferences, have you unchecked the Shadow File option in General and unchecked the Confirmation reminder?
Yes.

Quote: Harry,
If you place your project files onto C drive and not in the 2TB drive, do you have the same issue with PDR12 becoming unresponsive and the W7 window appearing?
Dafydd

I loaded the videos from the SSD drive and it the HD was more stuttering in the preview windows then when the files were on the other drives which I found strange? So I stopped placing them on the SSD drive.
I will try again to do this when I edit some more videos soon.
I'll certainly check out the issues with the drives. My videos drive is 2TB so I'll see if I can find some info on that.
I measured the speeds of the disks recently and the difference between the SSD (I have a fast Samsung SSD 840 Pro) and the SATA disks is huge. Shame the prices of the SSD drives is still pretty steep, certainly the larger ones.

The PDR12 program and files are indeed on my C (SSD) drive.

Thanks for your details replies sir!
Hi Dafydd,

>>In what form is the "crash" taking place. Is it a complete shut down with a boomarang popup appearing, a hang with a white screen, does the cursor show a blue circle? <<

It's the Windows 7 dialog showing PDR12 has stopped. When using Normal preview mode it's not crashing very often. With the Multicam editor I don't need to edit in Full HD anymore to align audio to two video files which has improved my workflow.

>>How big is your SSD?

128Gb. I'm storing the video files on my third drive and the project files on the 2nd. So PD12 shouldn't be using C:
I have 20Gb free.

>>On the PDR11 forum there were reports of some of the larger 2+TB drives being slow and causing the problem you appear to be having (slow to initialise). A Google Search reveals some additional information on 2+TB drives you may need to read. <<

Will do. I tried running all video files on the C: SSD drive but that resulted in more stuttering on full HD somehow? I always learned for music production that the OS/Program disk should never be used for audio/video.

>>SSD is the way forward for editors who wish speed and use large files.
Probably yes. I really liked how my PC speed was improved when I changed my boot SATA drive to an SSD drive.
Are there PCI-E extension cards for SATA III?

Cheers!
I'm looking for ways to more quickly apply fades:

I normally double click a video in the timeline and activate fade-in/fade-out and change the duration.
New in PD12 is that these are "remembered" as KeyFrame attributes now so I can select all other videos after setting only the fade settings of one video and apply them. Pity is that for different lengths it applies the opacity settings exactly at the same spot of the original video which is only an issue at the end of each video of course. It helps to quickly set a fade-in but the fade-out needs work.

I also noticed when you paste the keyframe fades to another video and double click it, the fade-in/fade-outs are not checked in the window. Must be a bug?

So concretely:

- How can I set a fade-in/fade-out in one video with a certain duration and copy that to all other video's with only one or very few commands if that's possible? Or what type of transition will give me an identical result?

Thanks for your replies!
Go to: