Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Screen Recorder - no sound from RME soundcard?
Harry Maes [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 25, 2013 04:38 Messages: 48 Offline
[Post New]
Somehow I can't seem to get a sound from my RME Fireface 400 soundcard into the Screen Recorder. As I can't change the settings for which device (channel) it uses to record the sound I assume it's using the device I set as default?

I can get the MIC to record from one of the input channels of the RME but the output doesn't record even if I change the default device and change stuff in TotalMix.

Maybe someone has a comparable situation of found a solution with his soundcard?
Harry Maes [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 25, 2013 04:38 Messages: 48 Offline
[Post New]
Ok, I noticed that when starting the Screen Recorder there's a channel added to the Volume Mixer of Windows (10 in my case).
If I start Foobar to play some music to the Primary Sound Driver it records the audio into the Screen Recorder.

If I start Cubase Pro 8.5, which uses the same Primary Sound device via Asio, to show some recordings it seems to lock the primary sound driver and the Screen Recorder channel in the Volume Mixer gets removed from that list so it's not recording.
Not sure how to fix that?